The Student Room Group

Sending transcripts

At what point are we supposed to send in transcripts?

I am an international student applying to UK medical schools. Is there any point when they ask for our transcripts?

When do they want them? pre-interview? at interview? at enrollment?

How are we expected to provide them? Through mail? Scanned online? etc

Any insight is appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
11 views no reply. can someone who has experience about this please reply or at least point me in the right direction?
Whenever they ask for them.
When I applied I had to send a copy of my transcripts and my certificates with my application form and then once accepted I had to bring my original documents into the uni for them to take another copy of my certificates and my passport to verify that they were valid.
Reply 4
Original post by thewaythingsare
When I applied I had to send a copy of my transcripts and my certificates with my application form and then once accepted I had to bring my original documents into the uni for them to take another copy of my certificates and my passport to verify that they were valid.

when you say "with" the application form, do you mean the UCAS form?

if yes, where do we attach the transcripts on the UCAS form?

Also, what school did that for you (take originals after acceptance)?

thanks for your reply.
Original post by .eXe

thanks for your reply.

Try emailing them to the admissions departments?
Original post by .eXe

thanks for your reply.

I sent my transcripts in with my paper and online application forms as I applied for postgraduate courses. Then you apply directly to the university.

If you are applying through UCAS you may not be able to attach anything with the application, but the uni may ask for them later in the application process. The best way to find out exactly what they want is to e-mail their admissions departments as has already been suggested. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by .eXe
At what point are we supposed to send in transcripts?

I am an international student applying to UK medical schools. Is there any point when they ask for our transcripts?

When do they want them? pre-interview? at interview? at enrollment?

How are we expected to provide them? Through mail? Scanned online? etc

Any insight is appreciated :smile:

Why don't you email the medical schools you're applying for and ask them..... :rolleyes:
Reply 8
I did :smile: They just don't reply right away and the Oct 15 deadline is fast approaching so I thought I'd just ask here.

It's pretty surprising that not a single person knows a concrete answer :s-smilie: I would think sending transcripts would be a major part of the application hmm.
Reply 9
Original post by .eXe
I did :smile: They just don't reply right away and the Oct 15 deadline is fast approaching so I thought I'd just ask here.

It's pretty surprising that not a single person knows a concrete answer :s-smilie: I would think sending transcripts would be a major part of the application hmm.

transcripts get sent out automatically from english schools to ucas(i think...). They're given either a conditional or unconditional offer, based on their predicted grades. From there they choose a firm choice (their first choice basically) and an 'insurance' choice, which is generally their safety in case their grades don't pan out.

They don't find out their grades until results day, which was in mid august this year. I think the results are sent to ucas, who determine whether or not you met your offer, if you meet it, you're accepted unconditionally.

For people who have already graduated and are applying later, i'm not sure... You state your qualifications and marks on ucas, and i'm sure you have to send in your transcripts, but i don;t know if its individually to each university or just to UCAS. I would wait until you're asked

I think you have to take it to you uni once you're accepted, just so they can double check.

What i want to know is whether or not my transcripts need to be officially sealed and signed by my old highschool...
Original post by .eXe

If you're Scottish then you have to include your Scottish Candidate Number on ucas, which is what you have to put on the front of all the exam papers you sit, so I think they can then check with the exam board that you did get the grades you said you got.
Reply 11
I'm dealing with the same problem here...But I read somewhere that some unis asked for your transcripts once you apply.
Reply 12
Hello, another Canadian applicant here as well.

I have NO IDEA when/where to send my transcript. I remember Leicester told me to SCAN the transcript... :colone:
Reply 13
Original post by doctork2
Hello, another Canadian applicant here as well.

I have NO IDEA when/where to send my transcript. I remember Leicester told me to SCAN the transcript... :colone:

2011 applicant, high school in Canada. Nobody asked for transcripts, did not submit any until final exams in June.
Final transcripts (original, not scanned copy) - sent to the university with firmed offer (the offer was conditional on grades).
The safest way is to ask Admissions - it may be different for other unis.
Reply 14
Original post by Iz08
2011 applicant, high school in Canada. Nobody asked for transcripts, did not submit any until final exams in June.
Final transcripts (original, not scanned copy) - sent to the university with firmed offer (the offer was conditional on grades).
The safest way is to ask Admissions - it may be different for other unis.

did they have to be signed and sealed by your high school?
Reply 15
It depends on how they ask them to be sent. If they ask for a scanned copy, then no you can get a transcript and scan it for them.

If they ask for a hardcopy then you can get one from school, they will sign and seal it for you, and you can mail it out.

Also, I already have my final grades so my offer will most likely not be conditional on anything, so will I be required to send in transcript? :s-smilie:

I wish all schools made their admissions processes a bit clearer.
Reply 16
Original post by .eXe
It depends on how they ask them to be sent. If they ask for a scanned copy, then no you can get a transcript and scan it for them.

If they ask for a hardcopy then you can get one from school, they will sign and seal it for you, and you can mail it out.

Also, I already have my final grades so my offer will most likely not be conditional on anything, so will I be required to send in transcript? :s-smilie:

I wish all schools made their admissions processes a bit clearer.

they'll ask to see your transcripts after the offer, just to confirm. The offer may or may not be conditional, but they will ask for it eventually.
Reply 17
Original post by jleong92
did they have to be signed and sealed by your high school?

They were signed by the school (the school printed it out) but not sealed, I just mailed them.
Reply 18
Original post by Iz08
They were signed by the school (the school printed it out) but not sealed, I just mailed them.

Did you have to do this for all schools or just the ones that asked for them? Which ones asked for them btw? And thanks for your answer! My school requires 1 month notice for transcripts to be sent out so I just asked them to print me 5 copies in sealed envelopes. Im glad they allow us to send the transcripts ourselves as long as theyre sealed cause not only does my school take long, it also charges 50 dollars per transcript to print and courier (ridiculous prices)
Reply 19
Original post by .eXe
Did you have to do this for all schools or just the ones that asked for them? Which ones asked for them btw? And thanks for your answer! My school requires 1 month notice for transcripts to be sent out so I just asked them to print me 5 copies in sealed envelopes. Im glad they allow us to send the transcripts ourselves as long as theyre sealed cause not only does my school take long, it also charges 50 dollars per transcript to print and courier (ridiculous prices)

I said in previous post that nobody asked but I was wrong, St. George's asked for a whole package that included CV and a copy (not original) of the transcript.
I mailed final signed transcript after I firmed the offer and finished final exams in June.

Since you already have your grade 12 marks, send your transcripts now. Don't forget to include UCAS #.

Yes the courier costs $50 and it took three days to London and 7 days to Aberdeen (!). Mail was 7 days. But courier can be tracked, you might want to know for sure that the transcripts were received.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending