The Student Room Group

How do spiders get in my bedroom when I don't open any windows?

So I'm pretty scared of spiders but lately quite a couple of them have been cropping up around my room on my walls and ceiling. I don't open my windows during the day or at night because of this. At summer I have to have them open as the heat is too dry, hence there are lots more bugs in my room, but I can't really understand it leading up to winter.

I don't leave any food or drinks around, only a glass of water at night. I've sprayed fly spray in the past but I don't know if that really helps that much. Does anybody have an answer for this?

Scroll to see replies

Through the bedroom door? Along the ceiling?
Hello Darling!, Usually they can slip through windows, attic, through floorboards they tend to come inside for the warmth!
Reply 3
They probably get in through your door. I can imagine they get in the house through other ways then get in to your room through the door or through small holes around the house. I heard that conkers keep spiders away, something about they don't like the scent? Worth a try, haha!
Reply 4
Original post by thetopnotch
Through the bedroom door? Along the ceiling?

Yes but I don't have any windows open in the house at all, so how could they get through the bedroom door?
Reply 5
Original post by Bill_Gates
Hello Darling!, Usually they can slip through windows, attic, through floorboards they tend to come inside for the warmth!

I know that they like the bathroom. But is there any ways to prevent them from coming in? Spider spray? :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by Aijin
They probably get in through your door. I can imagine they get in the house through other ways then get in to your room through the door or through small holes around the house. I heard that conkers keep spiders away, something about they don't like the scent? Worth a try, haha!

Conkers are worth a go! Not many conkers left though at this time of year, they all went a couple months ago. I'm scared they're all over my room :frown:
Original post by FallonSmith
I know that they like the bathroom. But is there any ways to prevent them from coming in? Spider spray? :tongue:

You need to set up spider traps. I'll come around your bedroom give you a proper quote :wink:
You can buy conker spray online, i've heard that works quite well :P
Reply 9
Original post by FallonSmith
Yes but I don't have any windows open in the house at all, so how could they get through the bedroom door?

Little nooks and crannies .
I've been letting them in. Just a couple everyday. Didn't know it bothered you this much. My bad, I'll stop.
Reply 11
you should be more worried about these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfKCcSPCOQo
Reply 12
Look how small they are when the hatch, they can walk in through a closed door, through the floorboards and the sides of the carpet, through electrical sockets etc.

Spiders can lay eggs inside your skin while you sleep, you'll feel them moving, enjoy.

(edited 12 years ago)
They can come through light fittings, up through the floorboards...

I hope you're not afraid of them...

BECAUSE THEY'RE EVERYWHERE
Reply 14
Original post by NightWatch
You can buy conker spray online, i've heard that works quite well :P

I may try that. I just hate any bugs in my room. It's disgusting how people eat like seven spiders a year. Gives me the creeps...
Reply 15
Original post by The Real Quaid
They can come through light fittings, up through the floorboards...

I hope you're not afraid of them...

BECAUSE THEY'RE EVERYWHERE

I'm very afraid.
You need to set up spider traps. I'll come around your bedroom give you a proper quote :wink:

You may get a shock if that's not her in her profile picture. :tongue:
Reply 17
Original post by Nashy19
Look how small they are when the hatch, they can walk in through a closed door, through the floorboards and the sides of the carpet, through electrical sockets etc.

Spiders can lay eggs inside your skin while you sleep, you'll feel them moving, enjoy.

This is going to give me nightmares tonight :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by defuzion
you should be more worried about these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfKCcSPCOQo

Thanks babe.
Already been attacked by these in Madeira before.
They had to exterminate the whole apartment.
Reply 19

LOLZ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending