The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants for 2012 entry (& Offers - for when they're given!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
heya i've just joined (yey!) and was wondering if anyones heard back from cardiff yet? i know they're letting a batch of people know mid december and i'm praying i'm in that batch! :smile:
Reply 941
Original post by bethky
heya i've just joined (yey!) and was wondering if anyones heard back from cardiff yet? i know they're letting a batch of people know mid december and i'm praying i'm in that batch! :smile:

Hi!

I applied ages ago and still haven't received a confirmation from them receiving my portfolio :confused:

I really hope I hear back from them as well...
hiya,
just wondering what kind of thing do you need to include in your portfolio for interior architecture and design?
please help! many thanks:smile:
Original post by Penbole

Original post by Penbole
noooo, architecture (k100) for them all

have you heard anything from any unis yet? may i ask what kind of stuff did you include in your portfolio?:smile:
Original post by bytheglam*

Original post by bytheglam*
Congratulations! :wink: How long did they take to reply after you submitted the blog? I have just sent mine...

hiya,

are you applying for architecture? and what uni have you applied to? :smile:
Original post by Tetris-Blocks-For-Brains

Original post by Tetris-Blocks-For-Brains
Portsmouth's kind of my backup plan really. I do the IB and am predicted 42 points. LOL. In reality I'd say I should get around 37. And I do HL chemistry, art and english, and SL psychology, german and maths. :smile: Hope the application goes well. x

have you heard anything back from any unis yet?:smile:
Reply 946
Original post by Saif31
Hi!

I applied ages ago and still haven't received a confirmation from them receiving my portfolio :confused:

I really hope I hear back from them as well...

oh im pretty sure i got a confirmation... did you send them a self addressed stamped post card with your portfolio? they didnt send me any emails or anything though. Which deadline did you have? mine was the first one.... can'y remember the date exactly but pretty sure it was near halloween lol!
Hey everyone!!!
I'm ready to send my application form of just waiting for my reference to be complete.
I've chosen ....
Liverpool
Oxford Brooke's
Northumbria
Robert Gordon
Plymouth

I never did art so any tips and advice for the portfolio would be amazing and very appreciated. If anyone's applied for any above get in touch be exciting to talk about the course and Shiz xD
Original post by nelli_w
Finally got my portfolio request, a month after my UCAS form was sent off.. Phew!

I have just received mine too. Gotta start working on it.
Reply 949
Original post by Saif31
Well I just got rejected from Sheffield a couple of hours ago :frown:

I wonder if its because of my portfolio...I sent them an email anyway to give me some feedback.

Can I see your portfoilio if possible? :smile: much appreciated.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 950
Original post by lesscommon
have you heard anything from any unis yet? may i ask what kind of stuff did you include in your portfolio?:smile:

I have had two offers and I have an interview at Leeds Met on Monday.
Here is my portfolio, http://bparchfolio.blogspot.com/view/snapshot :smile:
Original post by chokoishii
CARDIFF APPLICANTS URGENT!!!!
Can anyone who have done their portfolio tell me whether I have to annotate my portfolio?
Got the deadline date wrong so I have 4 less days to do it in :s-smilie:

I dont think you have to buut, i did... think it helps just to put a few words that can lead them through the work. Your choice though. :smile:
Original post by lesscommon
hiya,

are you applying for architecture? and what uni have you applied to? :smile:

Yes, I'm applying for architecture in UCL, MSA, Sheffield and Edinburgh and urban planning in UCL :smile: You?
Reply 953
Original post by NickW-Moores
Hey everyone!!!
I'm ready to send my application form of just waiting for my reference to be complete.
I've chosen ....
Liverpool
Oxford Brooke's
Northumbria
Robert Gordon
Plymouth

I never did art so any tips and advice for the portfolio would be amazing and very appreciated. If anyone's applied for any above get in touch be exciting to talk about the course and Shiz xD

I applied to Plymouth and Oxford Brookes

Plymouth wants a digital portfolio 15-25 pieces of work using different medium such as charcoal, pencil, ink, collage, acrylics, oil and photography etc
They suggested to have some freehand sketches, life drawing, photography, models/3D work , paintings and collages/montages

A minimum of 10 pieces of work should be hand drawings
images have to be saved as JPEG and the total email size should be no more that 5MB
Reply 954
Original post by elafyf
Can I see your portfoilio if possible? :smile: much appreciated.

You really wouldn't want to see it - I haven't done Art for GCSE or A-level...

Original post by Veee
I applied to Plymouth and Oxford Brookes

Plymouth wants a digital portfolio 15-25 pieces of work using different medium such as charcoal, pencil, ink, collage, acrylics, oil and photography etc
They suggested to have some freehand sketches, life drawing, photography, models/3D work , paintings and collages/montages

A minimum of 10 pieces of work should be hand drawings
images have to be saved as JPEG and the total email size should be no more that 5MB

Thank you so much thats really useful so useful I've copied and printed it :smile: all I need to do now is work on this portfolio :s I never did art for GCSE's or A Level so this shud be interesting :') I know I'm quite good at drawing but charcoal?? What do I do pick a lump of coal of the BBQ and rub it on some paper Crikey bit of art on YouTube will be gravy :tongue:
So do we get a deadline after you get a reply or are you expected to have the portfolio ready immediately in other words now? Thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 956
Thank you so much thats really useful so useful I've copied and printed it :smile: all I need to do now is work on this portfolio :s I never did art for GCSE's or A Level so this shud be interesting :') I know I'm quite good at drawing but charcoal?? What do I do pick a lump of coal of the BBQ and rub it on some paper Crikey bit of art on YouTube will be gravy :tongue:
So do we get a deadline after you get a reply or are you expected to have the portfolio ready immediately in other words now? Thanks for your help :smile:

No problem :smile:
You can watch on youtube portfolio examples and also when you think your portfolio is ready talk to any art teacher from you college/sixth form to check it.
You can get charcoal from any art shop I guess :P
In the letter they also said "We encourage you to include other work you might have done that is not part of your A level portfolio. This might include flyers and posters design, sketch diary and photographs or trips abroad, and other hobbies and pursuits you are interested in" so if you do media studies or photography or any creative subject, you can include that work in your portfolio

They didn't give me a deadline, all they said was "We are unable to make you an offer until your portfolio has been received. It is therefore essential that you send this to us as soon as possible in order for you to be considered for a place on this extremely popular course."
Original post by pretzl.logic
I dont think you have to buut, i did... think it helps just to put a few words that can lead them through the work. Your choice though. :smile:

Thanks.. I decided to annotate it. But another problem is that it's not going to get ther in time because I got the deadline date wrong :s-smilie: Do you think they'll still accept it if it's one day late?

Original post by Veee
No problem :smile:
You can watch on youtube portfolio examples and also when you think your portfolio is ready talk to any art teacher from you college/sixth form to check it.
You can get charcoal from any art shop I guess :P
In the letter they also said "We encourage you to include other work you might have done that is not part of your A level portfolio. This might include flyers and posters design, sketch diary and photographs or trips abroad, and other hobbies and pursuits you are interested in" so if you do media studies or photography or any creative subject, you can include that work in your portfolio

They didn't give me a deadline, all they said was "We are unable to make you an offer until your portfolio has been received. It is therefore essential that you send this to us as soon as possible in order for you to be considered for a place on this extremely popular course."

I left college two years ago had a bit of a gap but my nanny was an art teacher so that's a good idea might send it of to her and get her opinion :smile:
So it literally is a lump of charcoal? :') god help me, how are you managing with yours?
Oh that's good to know :smile: I'm just aiming and giving my self the deadline of 15th jan to get all of it done probably ambitious in my case since its from scratch but heyho :tongue:
So what's your first choice of uni?
Reply 959
I left college two years ago had a bit of a gap but my nanny was an art teacher so that's a good idea might send it of to her and get her opinion :smile:
So it literally is a lump of charcoal? :') god help me, how are you managing with yours?
Oh that's good to know :smile: I'm just aiming and giving my self the deadline of 15th jan to get all of it done probably ambitious in my case since its from scratch but heyho :tongue:
So what's your first choice of uni?

Ohh, that's cool
Lucky you!
Yeah sort of :P It took me a week to do it and I sent it off on Thursday, now I'm waiting.
Good luck with that :smile:
Kent or Oxford Brookes, but if I they reject me then Plymouth. Yours?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending