The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy at UWE 2012

Scroll to see replies

Turns out I won't be attending tomorrow, as child care has fallen through:confused:
Reply 121
Original post by PaulLampeter
Turns out I won't be attending tomorrow, as child care has fallen through:confused:

Hi - that's a shame. Can I ask - were you Cardiff for the group discussion and interview a few weeks ago? We all went to sit in the cafe in the shopping area - then one of the interviewers (Gwilliam??) came to get us as they were getting through the interviews quickly?

If that's you - then hi - I was the other mature student there and we chatted int the coffee shop queue!!
Reply 122
On route to Bristol :biggrin:
Original post by SaraSp
Hi - that's a shame. Can I ask - were you Cardiff for the group discussion and interview a few weeks ago? We all went to sit in the cafe in the shopping area - then one of the interviewers (Gwilliam??) came to get us as they were getting through the interviews quickly?

If that's you - then hi - I was the other mature student there and we chatted int the coffee shop queue!!

Hi! Yes I remember you, but I went before he came. I was rejected there... How did Cardiff go for you??
Reply 124
Hi! Yes I remember you, but I went before he came. I was rejected there... How did Cardiff go for you??

I got an offer from Cardiff and from UWE - accepted UWE as I'm about 3 miles away, so way less travelling. How have you got on everywhere else?
Reply 125
Just wanted to say how lovely it was to meet every one, I can't wait to start! TaziG I hope you will feel comfortable with all us oldies, I'm sure you will find lots in common with everyone even with the age gap!
Reply 126
Original post by footsteps
Just wanted to say how lovely it was to meet every one, I can't wait to start! TaziG I hope you will feel comfortable with all us oldies, I'm sure you will find lots in common with everyone even with the age gap!

Gutted i didnt stay to talk to you all, me and my mum had to dash off to a OT tour at 1:30 lol. But i was the girl in green jeans, flower cardigan and a pink headband in :biggrin: next to my mum who had stiches in her cheek lol. Im sure it'll be a lovely group no matter of the sges! :smile:
Original post by SaraSp
I got an offer from Cardiff and from UWE - accepted UWE as I'm about 3 miles away, so way less travelling. How have you got on everywhere else?
well done! Still waiting for SHU, Brooks, UWE and offer UEA, so feeling OK, but would like other to compare.
Reply 128
It was lovely to meet you all this afternoon! Cant' wait to see you again in the fall!!!
Reply 129
Hi - great to meet everyone and hope you all got home safely :smile:

Look forward to spending an exciting and hopefully not too stressful 3 years with you!

Sara
Original post by debsnm
It was lovely to meet you all this afternoon! Cant' wait to see you again in the fall!!!

Hi Debs yes it was sooo good to meet up....I can see you in your bijou Clifton pad, with views from a balcony ! At least we found a pub too....see you in September, I might be seeing you on the train as I might commute from Tiverton, for the first term to see how it goes !
Original post by SaraSp

Look forward to spending an exciting and hopefully not too stressful 3 years with you!

Sara

Great ....we found a pub, and had a laugh just don't 'out' me and Debs on the bodily fluid issues!!! see you in sept.....and let me know anyone who has a nice room to rent, I am still pondering on the wardens job!!!
Original post by TaziG
Gutted i didnt stay to talk to you all, me and my mum had to dash off to a OT tour at 1:30 lol. But i was the girl in green jeans, flower cardigan and a pink headband in :biggrin: next to my mum who had stiches in her cheek lol. Im sure it'll be a lovely group no matter of the sges! :smile:

Hi sorry I missed you on sat....it was really good to go back, I am not bothering with the southampton visit as UWE is my top choice, lecturer was great, pub even better ....and we had a laugh, the group will be great and I will need help on how to use forums and tecchie stuff....am useless ! see you in Sept....

Sorry we missed you, hope all goes well for uwe and an interview, a group of us found a pub and had a good chat and the lecturer said there was lots of spaces left at UWE so not full and more interviews planned, so best of luck....
Reply 134
Original post by Citrus queen
Hi sorry I missed you on sat....it was really good to go back, I am not bothering with the southampton visit as UWE is my top choice, lecturer was great, pub even better ....and we had a laugh, the group will be great and I will need help on how to use forums and tecchie stuff....am useless ! see you in Sept....

I got a letter through yesturday whilst at UWE about my southampton visit day which is on the 28th march lol. I will be going to that as I havent seen southampton yet and unsure of where to go :s-smilie: It's a difficult decision!
Glad you all had a lovely time.
Original post by TaziG
I got a letter through yesturday whilst at UWE about my southampton visit day which is on the 28th march lol. I will be going to that as I havent seen southampton yet and unsure of where to go :s-smilie: It's a difficult decision!
Glad you all had a lovely time.

Hi I am debating whether to go to the applicant day on weds 7th march...as UWE is my top choice....decsions, decisions are a nightmare.....uwe is fab really and lovely people on the course, you are the only other person with a soton offer ! and jemima puddleducks daughter ..sorry I missed you sat :smile:
Reply 136
Original post by Citrus queen
Hi I am debating whether to go to the applicant day on weds 7th march...as UWE is my top choice....decsions, decisions are a nightmare.....uwe is fab really and lovely people on the course, you are the only other person with a soton offer ! and jemima puddleducks daughter ..sorry I missed you sat :smile:

If I were you I'd go to Soton- if only to put your mind at rest that you're making the right choice. Obviously I think you should come to UWE, but at least you won't me wondering what if....?

Great to meet you on Saturday btw and good luck making a decision!
Reply 137
Original post by SaraSp

Sara

Yes, great to meet you all- sorry that we missed a couple of people, but I think it should be a lot of fun.

I hope you got your train Debs!

Really looking forward to getting together again in September:biggrin:
Original post by KazzaC
Yes, great to meet you all- sorry that we missed a couple of people, but I think it should be a lot of fun.

I hope you got your train Debs!

Really looking forward to getting together again in September:biggrin:

hi Kazzac .....yes you are right its just it might confuse me even more....and uwe feels right for me, that lecturer really stacked up the ticks for uwe, world federation membership, early graduation date to get best jobs, placement in May and not at the start (soton is very early placement!) Alice really sold me on sat....plus the volunteering sounds brill in Croatia etc. z..Enjoy work tomoz KNOWING it will end soon!
Reply 139
Hello :smile:

Sorry to intrude on your UWE thread, but just wondered if anyone could answer a few questions :smile: Somehow I managed to over look UWE I didn't think I would meet criteria academically but over looking it now think I could actually have a chance! I've already submitted my application and have an interview at Northampton and still haven't heard back from Bournemouth and ir noticed UWE has opened for clearing so if I happen to be unsuccessful at my previous options I thinking applying through clearing to UWE is my next step :smile: I've read all the information online but it's not the same as attending an open day and finding it all out face to face which I've done with other choices! So basically wondered if anyone can give me a bit more info on course content, e.g placements - how long for each year, places blah blah ... Like Northampton you do 6week, 9week, 12week according to each year of uni and you have the option to go somewhere within the EU for placement etc :smile: also what's the whole questionnaire thing about, confused! Lol, sorry for the essay and all the questions! Thankssss :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending