The Student Room Group

Physics Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Barkziee
Firming Imperial!

Warwick, Bath or Southampton insurance? A tough call :frown:

Woo, I'm firming Imperial too... with UCL, the little brother, as my insurance. :biggrin:

What course are you doing at Imps?
Original post by Horses
Defer entry to Lancaster, take a gap yah
Reapply to St. Andrews etc.
Go to Durham with me

Plan?

You can't defer an offer and then reapply on UCAS. Otherwise I'm sure many Oxbridge rejects who hold offers from other excellent universities would do the same.
Original post by Astronomical
Woo, I'm firming Imperial too... with UCL, the little brother, as my insurance. :biggrin:

What course are you doing at Imps?

Cool! Im sure we'll cross paths at some point :smile:

I'm on the 4year straight physics, you?
Firmed Lancaster, so happy.
Reply 1704
Original post by Frampoid
Firmed Lancaster, so happy.

Which Physics course did you apply for?
If I do a deferred application does that mean they'll consider me for next year?
Original post by TLK
Which Physics course did you apply for?

Applied for the 4 year course with year abroad, got a split offer with lower grade requirements for the standard 3 year course.
Reply 1707
Applied for the 4 year course with year abroad, got a split offer with lower grade requirements for the standard 3 year course.

Ah, so you just applied for Physics? I applied for Physics & Astrophysics with Cosmology at Lancaster and will firm it once Leeds reply. I might meet you at Lancaster :biggrin:
Original post by TLK
Ah, so you just applied for Physics? I applied for Physics & Astrophysics with Cosmology at Lancaster and will firm it once Leeds reply. I might meet you at Lancaster :biggrin:

oh sweet, did you go to the interview day on the first?
Reply 1709
oh sweet, did you go to the interview day on the first?

My interview was on the 23rd of February.
Original post by Horses
Defer entry to Lancaster, take a gap yah
Reapply to St. Andrews etc.
Go to Durham with me

Plan?

i don't want to have to take a gap year, and i'm just as unlikely to get in next year.
just firmed UCL!
Reply 1712
Theoretical Physics offers from Glasgow and Edinburgh
Computational Physics offers from Edinburgh and Heriot-Watt

Rejection from St Andrews.
Firmed Manchester, and put Lancaster as my insurance :smile:

Bring on exams! :biggrin:
Original post by Barkziee
Cool! Im sure we'll cross paths at some point :smile:

I'm on the 4year straight physics, you?

Indeed, I imagine we shall. :smile:

Four years, theoretical physics, because maths rocks. :cool:
Did anyone go to the Durham post-offer open day today? Durham is awesome! So I'm still finding it hard to decide which to firm damn it :s-smilie: Nice place and they seem to have a very good Physics department. I LOVED the Astro demonstration too with the planetarium.
Original post by vedderfan94
Did anyone go to the Durham post-offer open day today? Durham is awesome! So I'm still finding it hard to decide which to firm damn it :s-smilie: Nice place and they seem to have a very good Physics department. I LOVED the Astro demonstration too with the planetarium.

I went yesterday :smile: Didn't get to see the planetarium demonstration though.
I'm definately firming Durham, but then for me its a choice between Durham and straight physics at Warwick, and Durham definately wins.
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone go tuesday/wednesday to Durham from Mildert or in tour group B by chance?
All the open day did was bring me slightly into considering Durham more- I had swayed towards Manchester recently. Wish I could decide :frown:
anyone firming bath??
Reply 1719
Original post by theandyguthrie
i don't want to have to take a gap year, and i'm just as unlikely to get in next year.

That's not true, but if you don't want to take a gap year ... this is going to sound overly hippie, but go where you think you'd be happiest. So if it's Sheffield, go to Sheffield. Even if you deem it 'average'.

...is what the old, naïve me would have said (rank and reputation probably comes in there somewhere, but don't ask me, medics haven't a clue), but if you can combine/compromise on the university with the best department with a place where you can have a good time, then you're set. I'm not saying anything you don't already know, i.e. you've already considered this and you know I'm right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending