The Student Room Group

Male: Makeup transforms me

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi,

I'm not sure if this thread is still open, but would be really interested in talking to the guy who started this post... I might be able to offer you some help :smile:

Please send me a message as soon as you see this.

Emily
Used to be called ugly a lot when I was little - not anymore, but I don't wear make up.
However, it is besides the point. There is more to the world than a pretty face-and in a relationship it is not a pretty face which you are offering but yourself.

Of course you have a personality, if anything you have to display it more, or let it develop.
If people around you are putting you down and saying things which make you feel down, either point out to them that their comments offend you and please not to make them - and if they have any decency they would.

Otherwise, it sounds like what you need is new friends- don't stick to low standards- and don't put looks before everything. If someone judges you on looks, at least that is one less superficial person you have to deal with, so in that aspect, it is almost a blessing.

And finally -I've seen men with acne scars, and although I can imagine it makes you feel quite bad, I don't think it would interfere with me liking them if I truly did. So just have more self-confidence and assurance, and understand there is more to you than a face.
Reply 22
Wearing make-up might only get you so far with girls but what happens when they see the 'real' you? You're getting attention for the wrong reasons. I say ditch the make-up and wear your real face with pride. You will then find a girl who will like your real face.
I am a guy and I wear make up everyday now to even out my skin tone.

Wish I did it earlier now.

I am a straight as a plank and I enjoy fighting and combat. I am confident enough in my masculinity to put make up on.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MancBoy
Wearing make-up might only get you so far with girls but what happens when they see the 'real' you? You're getting attention for the wrong reasons. I say ditch the make-up and wear your real face with pride. You will then find a girl who will like your real face.

You are a ****ing moron.

Let me guess, you have never actually applied make up..........
Reply 25
Wear make-up if you want to. Don't just wear it because you're not getting attention from girls, but wear it if it makes you feel better about yourself. Just make sure it looks natural and can't be seen under bright lights. Mineral foundation is really natural looking and can build up to a nice coverage.
Original post by Anonymous

With no make up on, I am very very bad looking. Less than 3/10 by any standards.
After putting on concealer and mascara and lash curling, it turns me from a 3/10 maximum, to at least a 9/10 on looks. You can't see any acne scarring at all! People think I'm a male model when I've got makeup on, and I get a lot of girl attention at clubs.

Ummm, why are you not wearing make up everyday?
If the make-up boosts your confidence, then go for it. Ignore the idiots that think make-up is for women only; they still live in the Medieval times. Make-up was made to improve looks, as well as making people feel better about themselves. You can happily tick both boxes, so who cares :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Classical Liberal
You are a ****ing moron.

Let me guess, you have never actually applied make up..........

Sorry I didn't know it was a crime not to wear make up :rolleyes:
Original post by MancBoy
Sorry I didn't know it was a crime not to wear make up :rolleyes:

No. But what should be a crime is talking ****.
Original post by MancBoy

try telling that advice to girls

OP, as much as the make-up boosts your looks, you aren't a girl. As much as I feel sorry for you, I still think it's a bitch move to wear make up for confidence reasons. Sorry to be mean but you need to grow a pair- you were born with a cock not a vagina. Go to the doctors to get the acne cleared up and ONLY wear make-up while the acne clears up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending