The Student Room Group

How bad is it to not have a shower for 1 week?

I've read some stuff on the internet and a lot of people say showering depends on your skin type and where you live. I would say my hair gets greasy every 2 days, as for my body, I never actually see a reason to shower. Usually I'd have a shower twice a week.

Because it's the holidays now, I tend not to go out everyday. Therefore I see no reason to have a shower. I still brush my teeth and wash my hands. I just don't shower. I don't feel dirty, or smelly. I still change my underwear and everything else is kept how it always is.

I'm just wondering how bad it is that I tend to have a shower once a week?

This is just my own personal experience. I don't tend to a lot of exercise, but I do tend to go for a 10 minute run everyday. After doing exercise people often feel sweaty and feel like they need a shower. Although I do feel like this, I eat breakfast straight after my run. Meaning this feeling has gone so I don't feel like a need a shower. Even in general I just don't feel like I need to have a shower. I don't feel itchy or dirty. I admit that my hair is greasy but because I'm not going out I see this as no problem.

I'm also wondering if anyone else does the same thing?

Scroll to see replies

That's nasty OP. Maybe that's acceptable in your culture, but not in Britain!
Reply 2
Original post by im so academic

Agreed.

As to your signature,,,, there is nothing to be understood.
Reply 3

:rofl: my sides
Reply 4

And what is this supposed to mean?

I am from Britain, I was born here. I don't really see myself has having any culture...

Why is it so bad? Care to explain?
Reply 5
I shower every morning and after exercise if i do any.
Reply 6
Original post by cyfer
Agreed.

As to your signature,,,, there is nothing to be understood.

And why do you agree? What is so bad about it?
Reply 7
Original post by Jack93o
:rofl: my sides

Not funny.
Reply 8
I'll be honest I didn't read the post but...

Ew.
Reading that made me need a shower.
OP, if you're not going outside then it's fine.

However, you've said you go outside for a run. That's outside. With people. Unless you're telling me that you do it at a time/place that means that you never cross paths with someone.

I shower within 12 hours of going out (even if for only 10 minutes) When not going out, I shower every 2-3 days (note - I don't exercise, so no reason to get sweaty). The only reason I don't go longer is that I take a daily gel-based medicine which builds up over time and really needs to be showered off.
Trust me, you are not nice by the third day, and that's before you've taken the daily run into consideration. But if you're not going near anyone, who cares?
(edited 11 years ago)
Having a shower only takes about 15 minutes, even if you don't feel like you desperately need one surely it's nice to know you're clean?
Reply 12
Original post by >Username<
Not funny.

Sorry I didn't know I had to consult the comedy police before laughing at something :s-smilie:
Reply 13
Original post by >Username<
I've read some stuff on the internet and a lot of people say showering depends on your skin type and where you live. I would say my hair gets greasy every 2 days, as for my body, I never actually see a reason to shower. Usually I'd have a shower twice a week.

Because it's the holidays now, I tend not to go out everyday. Therefore I see no reason to have a shower. I still brush my teeth and wash my hands. I just don't shower. I don't feel dirty, or smelly. I still change my underwear and everything else is kept how it always is.

I'm just wondering how bad it is that I tend to have a shower once a week?

This is just my own personal experience. I don't tend to a lot of exercise, but I do tend to go for a 10 minute run everyday. After doing exercise people often feel sweaty and feel like they need a shower. Although I do feel like this, I eat breakfast straight after my run. Meaning this feeling has gone so I don't feel like a need a shower. Even in general I just don't feel like I need to have a shower. I don't feel itchy or dirty. I admit that my hair is greasy but because I'm not going out I see this as no problem.

I'm also wondering if anyone else does the same thing?

Maybe two days is fine but one week? Thats a bit gross.
If you dont like showers every day or every other day, try having a bath twice a week.
Reply 14
Eww op. Thats abit rank >_>

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 15
If you do not smell you can get away with it. I do, however, recommend you get better acquainted with a shower.
A woman could probably get away with not showering for two days, but not a week. If you're male, you should be showering daily. Men sweat more, and so require regular bathing to stay clean.

Ideally, you should be showering once, perhaps even twice a day.

Once a week, and no doubt you'd be smelling like fetid, three-day-old, mouldy diarrhoea. You rank bastard.
Reply 17
Original post by lightburns
OP, if you're not going outside then it's fine.

However, you've said you go outside for a run. That's outside. With people. Unless you're telling me that you do it at a time/place that means that you never cross paths with someone.

I tend to shower within 12 hours of going out (even if for only 10 minutes). However, I don't go out much. When not going out, I shower every 2-3 days. The only reason I don't go longer is that I take a daily gel-based medicine which builds up over time and really needs to be showered off.
Trust me, you are not nice by the third day, and that's before you've taken the daily run into consideration. But if you're not going near anyone, who cares?

Thank you for a serious reply. :smile:

I guess when I go out for a run, my mind is preoccupied. Plus I obviously run past the people so it doesn't really bother me, as they we never actually speak.

I also used to use a daily gel based medicine and then I used to shower everyday. And you're might be right I might not be nice by the third day, my hair isn't but because I'm not going out I just don't care...
Once a week? No, that's quite disgusting... I have to shower at least once a day.

- negged for showering once a day? lol.
(edited 11 years ago)
Well, personally, I don't think I could stand not washing for a week...! Even if you don't exercise, there's other factors that can cause you to sweat (particually if you're a teenager) like sleeping or being out in warm weather or whatever - it might be slightly more hygenic to wash a bit more often. HOWEVER, if it's never bothered you before, you needn't change just because others say its the norm. I'm sure if it was really dirty others might have noticed and notified you by now - and you would have noticed as well! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending