The Student Room Group

Finding muscular men attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Yung Mon£y
bodybuilders = roids. Sad but true.

Most of the Bodybuilders I've met are on creatin and some other stuff but no roids.
Original post by de_monies

Besides, I thought that most women would like something like this?

I like that. :sexface:
Reply 82
Original post by Ice Constricter
Maybe if you read my whole post properly instead of picking parts of it to read you wouldn't look like this :lolwut:

I'm obviously talking about the blatant double standard at play here.

Which is dissing a guys body = fine and dandy

But dissing a girls body = WWlll

I can't believe I had to explain that :facepalm2:

Oh yes, no hesitation in providing opinions of muscular men on a thread which specifically ask for opinions of muscular men. Fine and dandy.

Ice Constrictor's hyperbole of men doing the same to women. Just that, hyperbole.
Reply 83
Proportions are important. Also there is nothing more off-putting than being in the gym and seeing a good face, a nice upper body.... and chicken legs. Also above parallel squats get your man-card revoked in my eyes.
I like for guys to have some bulk (and to be larger, and definitely stronger than me), but bf% is not that important, I find slightly fatter rugby types and really lean guys (like the ones posted above, though I probably like their look way more natural, without the extreme photoshop/lightning, dehydration etc.) equally attractive.
I guess an important aspect of it all is their attitude to fitness&health. If they're athletic, and train mainly for performance and health (whether for specific sports or just general) with some allowance for aesthetic goals (gotta do your curls), I find that way more attractive than just training for huge guns or low bf% to impress other people.

Or (I'm guessing this might be the same for a lot of other people), being strong and athletic enhances your attractiveness; as in if I've got two equally attractive guys, but one of them can c&j twice his bw, than I know who I'll ask to help poor old me with my olympic lifting technique.
But if I find someone unattractive (whether it be body or face), no amount of kg on the bar will change that. Cold, but true.

(woah, essay)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by rlw31
Oh yes, no hesitation in providing opinions of muscular men on a thread which specifically ask for opinions of muscular men. Fine and dandy.

Ice Constrictor's hyperbole of men doing the same to women. Just that, hyperbole.

It isn't hyperbole, its true. Girls are far more sensitive to descriptions of females bodies than males. That's why guys can't get away with even half of this hostility.
Original post by ct2k7
Most of the Bodybuilders I've met are on creatin and some other stuff but no roids.

So they say. There's a reason why so many bb competitions don't state themselves as being drug-free.
Reply 86
So they say. There's a reason why so many bb competitions don't state themselves as being drug-free.

Are we talking about proBB or amateurBB? I've met with both. AmaeteurBB are male airheads, more than proBB
Original post by ct2k7
Are we talking about proBB or amateurBB? I've met with both. AmaeteurBB are male airheads, more than proBB

Both. Unless the competition states that it is drug-free, it generally won't be.
Reply 88
I never used to find muscular men attractive but now for some reason I do! I prefer rugby player types though to athletic, 6-pack guys. Big arms just really do it for me.
Reply 89
Both. Unless the competition states that it is drug-free, it generally won't be.

When I was in Florida, those I trained with we're in drug-free competitions. I don't think I've met one in a non-free drug competitions

im starting to like my stockiness now.
Reply 90
Original post by Ice Constricter
It isn't hyperbole, its true. Girls are far more sensitive to descriptions of females bodies than males. That's why guys can't get away with even half of this hostility.

What hostility?

As far as I can see you got butthurt that it's fine for girls to describe something as 'ugly' and 'weird' (btw, no female in this thread used the word 'ugly' to describe a body part/physique and there was only one mention of 'weird' before you posted it), but apparently guys are drowned in neg rep :rolleyes:

Paranoia, get over it.
Reply 91
Original post by rlw31
What hostility?

As far as I can see you got butthurt that it's fine for girls to describe something as 'ugly' and 'weird' (btw, no female in this thread used the word 'ugly' to describe a body part/physique and there was only one mention of 'weird' before you posted it), but apparently guys are drowned in neg rep :rolleyes:

Paranoia, get over it.

No, there definitely exists a double standard...there was a thread a while back about a girl moaning about how skinny her bf was, all the replies basically said tell him to hit the gym, then whenever there's a thread along the lines of 'my gf is getting fat' all the girls (and white knights) throw a hissyfit.
Reply 92
In general, girls get away with a lot more than guys do.
Reply 93
Which threads?
Original post by ct2k7
In general, girls get away with a lot more than guys do.

girls can get away with being size 20, for them its OMG HE NEEDZ TO BE SUPA FIT N SEXY LIKE DA MOVIES WHILST I EAT ALL DA PIEZ
Original post by ct2k7
When I was in Florida, those I trained with we're in drug-free competitions. I don't think I've met one in a non-free drug competitions

im starting to like my stockiness now.

Good for them, though sadly they are in a minority.
How about this 18 year old?

HE IS 18!! http://www.simplyshredded.com/jeff-seid.html
Reply 99
Good for them, though sadly they are in a minority.

Very sad indeed :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest