The Student Room Group

Finding muscular men attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Not really. My boyfriend is all super skinny and perfect how he is. I'm more attracted to someone who looks like a nice, happy, smiley, kind person rather than what their body type is.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by aimeeus_prime
Not really. My boyfriend is all super skinny and perfect how he is. I'm more attracted to someone who looks like a nice, happy, smiley, kind person rather than what their body type is.

And what if they were a nice, happy, smiley, kind person who also was in shape? :tongue:
Reply 102

Where's the ****storm? Did you even bother reading beyond the first few responses?

Spoiler

Not one of the above spoilered quotes received neg rep and most of them got pos rep.

A real hissyfit.
Reply 103
Original post by rlw31
Where's the ****storm? Did you even bother reading beyond the first few responses?

Spoiler

Not one of the above spoilered quotes received neg rep and most of them got pos rep.

A real hissyfit.

Sorry but there were notable differences in the responses between the two threads. Hardly any abuse was given to the gf claiming her bf was too skinny. Turn it around and he's the bad guy.

I mean one idiot even replied "Tell him he has a small penis. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire" and got 47 pos reps. Because making fun of something a person can't change is a totally acceptable response to a criticism of something you can and should change :rolleyes:

Women sometimes...
Reply 104
Original post by rlw31

Spoiler

A real hissyfit.

Like the other poster said there is just a noticeable difference in tone of the responses. When I was really skinny people would have no problem pointing it out, even at work...you think if a man made a comment about a woman's weight in the workplace they would get anything less than disciplinary action?
Reply 105
Original post by Jono404
Like the other poster said there is just a noticeable difference in tone of the responses. When I was really skinny people would have no problem pointing it out, even at work...you think if a man made a comment about a woman's weight in the workplace they would get anything less than disciplinary action?

to be fair if a woman is overly skinny people seem very happy to point it out and make comments about it, it only seems to be if its fat its unacceptable.
I wouldn't go so far as to say it was the same though I do agree that often people feel less able to criticise womens bodies.
Original post by rlw31
What hostility?

As far as I can see you got butthurt that it's fine for girls to describe something as 'ugly' and 'weird' (btw, no female in this thread used the word 'ugly' to describe a body part/physique and there was only one mention of 'weird' before you posted it), but apparently guys are drowned in neg rep :rolleyes:

Paranoia, get over it.

Figure of speech, learn it. :rolleyes:

You must not come on TSR much if you don't see it, either that or you're blind.

You can deny it all you ****ing want but it definitely exists and whether you like it or not I'll mention it. Deal with it!
Reply 107
Original post by boba
to be fair if a woman is overly skinny people seem very happy to point it out and make comments about it, it only seems to be if its fat its unacceptable.
I wouldn't go so far as to say it was the same though I do agree that often people feel less able to criticise womens bodies.

Yeah true, though for girls being slim is seen as desirable, for blokes being lanky isn't good, and while I never said anything it did harm my self confidence. Similarly people find making comments to me like 'how's the weather up there?' acceptable but they probably wouldn't say something like that to a midget.
A bunch of sloppy ass girls want a boyfriend with a perfect physique. Well it sure as hell ain't happening anytime soon.
Reply 109
Original post by Jono404

Read the other thread, there are posts of a similar nature. Again I see no hissyfit.

If you had a problem with people making comments about your body at work, then make a complaint. I have witnessed people/men making comments about women's bodies at work, some ignored it, some complained, disciplinary action wasn't a given.

Original post by Ice Constricter
Figure of speech, learn it. :rolleyes:

You must not come on TSR much if you don't see it, either that or you're blind.

You can deny it all you ****ing want but it definitely exists and whether you like it or not I'll mention it. Deal with it!

I see a cry baby complaining about comments which don't even exist.
Original post by Yung Mon£y

So you're saying if he was infront of you, it'd be off putting? :K:

have i died and gone to heaven
Reply 111
Original post by Jono404
Yeah true, though for girls being slim is seen as desirable, for blokes being lanky isn't good, and while I never said anything it did harm my self confidence. Similarly people find making comments to me like 'how's the weather up there?' acceptable but they probably wouldn't say something like that to a midget.

Shorter people get it much worse. Trust me on that one

Reply 112
Original post by Jono404

but the fact that people think of being slim as good for women is why its theres less concern over people being bitchy about overly skinnyness. and there are pleanty of small women struggling to put on weight who can have their confidence hurt by those comments. and many women who are naturally very skinny are unhappy due to them often having little amounts of boob or waist/hip ratio. So it really is still a problem.

its like how some people find it ok to be horrible to men for being overly muscely just because being muscular is typically seen as good. now while I would state my preferances here or in some other situation where I was specifically asked I wouldn't actually insult someone because they were more muscular than I found attractive.
Reply 113
I also didn't really see much difference between the types of replies on both threads tbh
Original post by rlw31

I see a cry baby complaining about comments which don't even exist.

The double standard is evident on many threads I've been on. But I can't be arsed to look for them, its freakin' 02.30 in the morning.

This isn't even mentioning real life, in which the double standard is very evident, maybe if you pulled your head out from the denial box you'd realise that.

Anyway I seriously can't be arsed with you and your bull**** either. Don't believe it if you want, not my problem.
Reply 115
Girls like cuddles. Cuddles presumably don't feel as nice with a ripped body.
Reply 116
Original post by Ice Constricter
The double standard is evident on many threads I've been on. But I can't be arsed to look for them, its freakin' 02.30 in the morning.

This isn't even mentioning real life, in which the double standard is very evident, maybe if you pulled your head out from the denial box you'd realise that.

Anyway I seriously can't be arsed with you and your bull**** either. Don't believe it if you want, not my problem.

Sure thing.
Reply 117
Original post by stayce88
Im a bodybuilder so I like big muscled men

Apologies if this sounds rather cumbersome, but is this because muscular men would be more appreciative of you because you undergo a similar lifestyle to them or just plainly because you like muscular men anyway? I'd classify myself as....pretty damn average (I play sports fairly regularly, keep myself fit, etc.) but I don't think I'd have a problem dating a woman who was fitter than I. Again, sorry for going slightly OT.
Reply 118
Original post by Yung Mon£y

So you're saying if he was infront of you, it'd be off putting? :K:

:adore::ahee::coma::eek3::gah::gah::gah::heart::hitit::hitit::heart::eek3::eek3::ahee::heart::adore::eek3::eek3::adore::hitit::hitit::love::lovedup::sexface::ahee::sexface::heart::eek3::eek3::heart::sexface::yeah::ahee::yeah::adore::adore:

Does this answer your question?
Reply 119
Original post by Dajaffer
How about this 18 year old?

HE IS 18!! http://www.simplyshredded.com/jeff-seid.html

He's a clown... genuinely. Some of his comments aye. Class A racist yank ****

Quick Reply

Latest