The Student Room Group
Eliosa
Hi,

I read a lot about that stuff " i got an offer AAA or something else" what the hell is that?

Sorry for my ignorance, i'm a frog eater...(french)

A-level grades, (exams you take when you're 17/18). A is 80%, B is 70%, C is 60% etc. Universities offer you a place based on getting certain grades, eg. AAA, ABB, BCC and so on. Most people take three, sometimes four subjects, so offers are usually based on three grades.
Reply 2
Reply 3
Lol when we take our alevel exams, they are graded as A, B, C, D, E, and U(unclassified) so the universities are basing offers on their courses providing that you get AAA or AAB or whatever the requirements are
(and they usually ask for three grades becasue most people usually sit 3/4 alevels, and 3 alevels are the minimum most universities ask for)
Reply 4
So those letters mean AAB For example that I must take 3 exams at A and B level ?
Reply 5
Original post by dei-vi-s
So those letters mean AAB For example that I must take 3 exams at A and B level ?

If the offer is AAB, you need to get two As and one B in your A-Level exams.

No, not at all. You get the offer after you've chosen you're a level subjects. So many people will take four a levels but they will be only asked for grades in three. Also, you don't take different levelled exams, everyone takes the same exam but the people with a higher percentage will get a higher grade. So, for example, someone with 80% will get an a and someone with 70% will get a b. :smile:
Reply 7
"A Level" is the name of the qualification.

A,B,C etc is the grade.

If a uni gives you an offer of AAB, it means that if you get A, A and a B in your overall A-Level results, they will take you in.
Reply 8
That was so quick people. Thanks a lot for your responses :smile:

However, I do have one question.

tamimi said that if you get A, A and a B in your overall A-Level results, they will take you in. I do not understand this expression quite well. For instance, if I have 9 in maths, 9 in English, 8 in Lithuanian, 9 in geography, 9 in physics, 10 in Physical Education and 10 in Technological lessons. What would be my overall according to those letters?

Thanks
Reply 9
That was so quick people. Thanks a lot for your responses :smile:

However, I do have one question.

tamimi said that if you get A, A and a B in your overall A-Level results, they will take you in. I do not understand this expression quite well. For instance, if I have 9 in maths, 9 in English, 8 in Lithuanian, 9 in geography, 9 in physics, 10 in Physical Education and 10 in Technological lessons. What would be my overall according to those letters?

Thanks
Those are your countries grading system, I'd wait for an expert to convert them rather than getting confused over alevel/international conversions.
Reply 10
That's what I do not get it. I don't understand universities system.

By the way, A level - maths, English, Lithuanian and geography
B level physics, physical education and technological lessons

I do not know whether this is desirable but just in case I wrote :smile:
Reply 11
That's what I do not get it. I don't understand universities system.

By the way, A level - maths, English, Lithuanian and geography
B level physics, physical education and technological lessons

I do not know whether this is desirable but just in case I wrote :smile:
Ignore the A in alevel it stands for Advanced level you choose 3-5 alevels, I have have no idea about ur system.
Reply 12
phoning up universities and asking the admissions people of the specific course you'd like to enter might be helpful if you want to ask what sort of grades they ask for with your particular qualifications.
Reply 13
Ok, thank you guys very much. I'll ask the universities :smile:
Ok, thank you guys very much. I'll ask the universities :smile:

When you look at university websites for "usual offers" they will tell you the A Levels required but it will also tell you the IB scores required
Reply 15
What is IB? :smile:
Reply 16
do you know the equivalent of AAB for a french baccaleureate
Reply 17
Original post by aBz02
do you know the equivalent of AAB for a french baccaleureate

You’re 7 years late lmao

Latest

Trending

Trending