The Student Room Group

Debenhams Thread

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if we have payday tomorrow again? Because people have been saying we have it again in the middle of the month...
Thanks x
Original post by xOsugaplumfairy
Does anyone know if we have payday tomorrow again? Because people have been saying we have it again in the middle of the month...
Thanks x

Hmm strange, I only get paid at the end of every month as per usual :s-smilie:
Original post by king1989
I'm a bit gutted as I applied for about 3 or 4 positions at Debenhams for Christmas. Has a telephone interview but never heard anymore.

Does anyone think there may be more vacancies in January?
I think some Christmas temps will probably be kept on but at the same time some Uni students who came home to work will be going back.

Probably not tbh because store budgets get cut and they no longer need the xmas temps, if they do take anybody on it'll most likely be some of the xmas temps.
Reply 443
Does anyone know if you can get staff discount online? and if so how?
Reply 444
Thanks x

From what i know it's the 21st of this month.
Original post by RaHiNa
Does anyone know if you can get staff discount online? and if so how?

You can only get staff discount by ordering instore through YANTRA. Someone else will have to order it for you.
Reply 446
Original post by thebadgeroverlord
You can only get staff discount by ordering instore through YANTRA. Someone else will have to order it for you.

Oh.. ok thanks :smile:
How's it going, my fellow Christmas temps or employees?

Random question - does anyone know how much the "selling support supervisor" gets paid per annum?
How much is the pay there ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saadia_x
How much is the pay there ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

6.49 for 21+
Anybody been kept on with their xmas jobs?

I failed to get a fixed hour contract but they offered me a zero hour one :smile:
Reply 451
Original post by nixonsjellybeans

I failed to get a fixed hour contract but they offered me a zero hour one :smile:

I'm being kept on but moved from accessories to women's wear. First day on the new section today! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 452
Hey I have a question for anyone of a 0hr contract, basically my manager explained to me that it will mean they call me in whenever they need me, so yday on my last day I didn't bother checkin the Rota to see when I'm next in because I assumed I wouldn't be on it but now I'm thinkin what if my supervisor has put me down on the Rota? Does anyone else one on a 0hr contract know how it works?
Did debenhams pre-pay everyone before christmas week?
I'm not sure if they pre-paid us or not...
Original post by n_123
Hey I have a question for anyone of a 0hr contract, basically my manager explained to me that it will mean they call me in whenever they need me, so yday on my last day I didn't bother checkin the Rota to see when I'm next in because I assumed I wouldn't be on it but now I'm thinkin what if my supervisor has put me down on the Rota? Does anyone else one on a 0hr contract know how it works?

I don't have any of my hours down on the rota but i'm working a few times this week; my friends who are also on a 0 hour contract get their hours put on the rota... :s-smilie: not sure to be honest.

My manager said she'd ring or ask me whenever i'm in store if I can work a certain day they need doing.

Edit: Have I said something wrong? :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 455
I don't have any of my hours down on the rota but i'm working a few times this week; my friends who are also on a 0 hour contract get their hours put on the rota... :s-smilie: not sure to be honest.

My manager said she'd ring or ask me whenever i'm in store if I can work a certain day they need doing.

Edit: Have I said something wrong? :s-smilie:

Ah damn so they might still put me on the rota, they might not :/ I usually only work Saturdays so I'm thinkin to pop in and just have a look at the rota before then probably

I was offered a part time contract but I couldn't take it thanks to another job. I guess I'm glad, working part time is really annoying... you get no chance to rest, and 4 hours in a day is just irritating! :P Still, a part of me will miss Debenhams thanks to the people.

Original post by n_123

You'll basically get called in when they need you. Depending on your own life you can request certain days (if you're at uni, you can tell them your lecture hours so they can ask around those times). It's annoying that they gave you a 0hr contract though, most people who were kept on were given a fixed 8 hour contract so they could work one day a week (usually Sunday).

Did debenhams pre-pay everyone before christmas week?
I'm not sure if they pre-paid us or not...

I don't think they did. I did loads of overtime and I'd imagine they would have taken that into account so I doubt we were prepaid. When is payday for the two weeks after Christmas then?
Reply 457
Hi, just wondered how you go about getting a staff discount card? I got given a form at my induction but at the top it has a space for your POS card number and I'm not sure what to put there. Also I'm on a temporary contract for the meantime so can I still get one? Thanks.
Reply 458
I am currently filling out an online application form for debenhams and have absolutely no idea what to to say to this question, please can someone give me some tips!?!?

Retail is an ever- changing environment. As a Sales Merchandiser, what may cause your priorities to change and how would you react? *
Reply 459
Original post by amymay
I am currently filling out an online application form for debenhams and have absolutely no idea what to to say to this question, please can someone give me some tips!?!?

Retail is an ever- changing environment. As a Sales Merchandiser, what may cause your priorities to change and how would you react? *

Trust me, you don't wanna work at Debenhams. Seriously..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending