The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
of course its not too old, what made you think that ?, if you are on that kind of a suspension , you will never ever lose it, just be cool with it and lose it to a good important lovely person that you have seen for a long time. don't lose it in a quick one night stand, it not worth.:smile:
Reply 21
Original post by hannahchan
What is this? Suggesting disabled people to be virgins their whole life?

Ableist?

I knew someone would say this. What I mean is that people don't look down on disabled people half as much because society (and I'm not saying this is right) doesn't tend to imagine disabled people having romantic lives.
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
I only lost my virginity when I was 25. While all my friends lost it at 16-18. Did I wait too long to lose my virginity at 25?
Please dont give me all that crap about how one should only lose it when one is comfortable with it blah blah blah...
I just want an honest answer. If you heard someone who lost their virginity at 25, what would your reaction be? would you think - "wow he/she waited a bit too long!". When if the maximum socially accepted age to stay a virgin for?

Deep down, why do you honestly care what other people think especially on a topic that's so personal? A lot of people I know have said that they regretted losing it so young and often felt pressured and not ready emotionally and would've waited longer. It depends on your personal experience of losing it and how you feel about it on reflection.

I would have respect for them that they waited and didn't feel pressured to just do it cos 'everyone else' is.

Why does it matter, it's done now, you can't change what's happened in the past anyway.
Reply 23
Better to wait longer and lose it to someone who actually gives a crap about you than to do a shady session at a younger age when all your mates are doing it for ****s and giggles and people haven't fully matured yet.
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous
I only lost my virginity when I was 25. While all my friends lost it at 16-18. Did I wait too long to lose my virginity at 25?
Please dont give me all that crap about how one should only lose it when one is comfortable with it blah blah blah...
I just want an honest answer. If you heard someone who lost their virginity at 25, what would your reaction be? would you think - "wow he/she waited a bit too long!". When if the maximum socially accepted age to stay a virgin for?

You're doomed forever.
Reply 26
Original post by Double Agent
Look down on them for what? Sure its unusual, but to think less and look down on someone for it is ridiculous Your suggestion that the fact Im sticking up for what I believe is right makes me an 'angry virgin' only highlights my original point, that people like you are suggesting virginity is some sort of stigma when it is not.

I wouldn't look down on someone for being a virgin at 25, but I do if they spell things incorrectly.

Sorry.

Illiterates gonna illterhate. (I've just made that up, yeah)
(edited 11 years ago)
No, it's not.
Yeah it's too late for you I'm afraid, the age limit is 24 so you've just missed out. Have to be a virgin for the rest of your life now.
As you lost it at 25, lamenting over whether it was too late or not is something you can't change. It's possible that you missed out on certain teenage experiences but it doesn't mean they would have been able to change you. If you feel you need to recuperate something then by all means do it, but don't do it because you feel you should but do it becuase you want to.
Jimmy Carr lost his at 27.
Reply 31
Yeah it's too old. Everyone should stop tip toeing around this and accept the fact that if you haven't lost it by around 19 years old you're going to be in the extreme minority. I don't think this is a good thing but it is the way our society is. Virginity is not even an attractive quality anymore for guys to have, girls want a man with experience, not a middle aged virgin.
Reply 32
Not like you can change anything now, regardless of the answer to your question. Just get on with your life
Reply 33
Shouldnt tht be private?!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 34
Damn you should have waited 16 more years so we could continue the sequel of the 41 year old virgin

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
These threads always annoy me.

No, it's not too old at all. Stop fretting OP.
Whilst I agree with what everyone is saying about when you're comfortable ect ect ect You didn't ask for these answers and so I'll give you a proper one.

It probably is seen as too old yes, unless you waited until you were married / in a relationship that's so committed you're basically married.

But I don't think anyone really cares, it's not like you're 40 and lost it.
Reply 37
No age is too old.
If someone told me that they hadn't lost their virginity until they were 25, I would honestly just think 'oh right' sure I assume that they possibly didnt have the desire to lose their virginity at an earlier age, or didn't find the right person to lose it to earlier than they did. But that is there business.
Reply 38
Better late than never. :wink:
Original post by SherlockH
I wouldn't look down on someone for being a virgin at 25, but I do if they spell things incorrectly.

Sorry.

Illiterates gonna illterhate. (I've just made that up, yeah)

I really don't understand why people get so worked up over spelling?
you were able to identify the word the op was implying, why not just let it be?
How do you know they don't have a disability effecting spelling

Latest

Trending

Trending