The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Glockron
Some of you are getting auto pooled because you're over a certain UMS mark. Is there a similar thing for the IB?

I would think so, there is for Scottish Highers (4 x A1s) but there are a lot of people who were expecting to be autopooled but haven't
Reply 261
Original post by Oboe1994
I would think so, there is for Scottish Highers (4 x A1s) but there are a lot of people who were expecting to be autopooled but haven't

I presume there clearly is not for other internationals? Average of 97% on my transcript and not even pooled -_-
Some of you are getting auto pooled because you're over a certain UMS mark. Is there a similar thing for the IB?

IBers are not eligible for autopooling unless they have actually achieved the qualification.

Original post by Sgany
I presume there clearly is not for other internationals? Average of 97% on my transcript and not even pooled -_-

Yes, Internationals who do not do A-levels, Scottish Qualifications or IB are not eligible for autopool.
Reply 263
Original post by alunaverde
Letter or email? Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got a letter.
I think my one was overly bulky due to my international status uncertainty, so I could kinda tell it wasn't a straight out rejection.

From Cambridge website:

Post-qualification International Baccalaureate applicants (except those for Mathematics and Medicine)who have achieved
both 41 points (or better) overall and 7,7,6 (or better) at Higher Level MUST bepooled.
Reply 265
Any international receiving an email from the college? I applied to Fitz for Econ and I am still waiting!!
Original post by Sketch
Jack, you crazy Corpuscle!!!! well done!! :biggrin:

Thank Youuu have you heard ?? :biggrin:
Reply 267
Original post by h2shin
Offer for churchill computer science!!!
Let's just hope I become a home student in time...

Nicely done! :smile:
Original post by London.Boy
That's awesome, I got an unconditional from Queens' for PBS :smile:

Ah well done :biggrin: i look forward to meeting you in October. Our Gap years payed off :biggrin:
Currently wishing maths did auto pooling.
Stuck at school whilst my letter is at home, going insane :frown:
Congrats to everyone who has an offer
Reply 271
Original post by iCiaran
Nicely done! :smile:

Thanks you...
Best of luck for the pooling!
Reply 272
Original post by RTI11
Any international receiving an email from the college? I applied to Fitz for Econ and I am still waiting!!

my friend heard- international, rejected, fitz econ too
Reply 273
Pooled by pembroke for maths with Physics
not too unhappy because its maths I didn't have autopooling. I would have been devastated if I had a rejection though . fingers crossed that I will get fished
well done to people with offers and commiserations to people with rejections
Pooled. I don't really know how to feel. Had my heart set on Christ's:frown:

I'm not getting my hopes up now. Hopefully another college will want me, but it's time to prepare for rejection.

Congratulations to everyone with an offer though- really pleased for you:smile:
Is this number of pooled applications expected?
Pooled by Fitz. It's like being in limbo. Let the extended agony of waiting commence.
Reply 277
Original post by amyandbeyond
Pooled by Fitz. It's like being in limbo. Let the extended agony of waiting commence.

exactly how i'm feeling, pooled by Jesus
Reply 278
Pooled. I only scrapped the auto-pooling percentage so that's probably not going to go well.
Original post by cam582
What subject? (and i assume you have the offer then)

HSPS :smile: what have you applied for?

Latest

Trending

Trending