The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ftatt
First of congratulations to all of you who have received offers today, it has been a testing and fraught journey for you all who applied. I admire your courage and confidence for putting your selves forward in such a public way and thus open to either "Congratulations" or possibly, "Never mind, it will be okay..."
Just to say I am the parent of an extremely talented, academically and everythingwise daughter who received a rejection letter today, which actually freed her from making the decision between choosing the university over the course. There does seem to be a randomness over decisions made re admissions, with so many excellent applicants it is probably inevitable and not meant in any way to sour grapes anyone with offers, rather to say to those who missed out, their loss and to remind them there are wonderful, challenging experiences beyond Cambridge. Best wishes to you all.

Thank you for this great message! I got a rejection letter today as well and although gutted at first, believe I will honestly be happier elsewhere! The only pain is knowing that they didn't consider me "good enough".
Reply 621
I didn't hear from my college (Wolfson). Does it mean I was rejected?
Reply 622
i am from wolfson and still no email. i think it is because i was so dreadful that they decided not to waste the paper for me...
hey guys

I am an international student studying in UK but I am now in UK at the moment for holiday...no email :frown: should I send an email today and ask them?

If I did not get anything yesterday does it mean that I would either get rejection or offer since the pool is only opened on 4th...(the first one is more probable!!)

thx :]
Original post by sambam1995
Second night now of endless anxiousness and anticipation :{ God damn postal service.

hey. at least youre not international and your college hasn't emailed you yet but has emailed other people with rejections :s-smilie: psychological torture
Anyone get offer from caius?
Anyone get offer from caius for economics? I'm still waiting.:s-smilie:
Original post by Tianci
Ehmm I am really not sure... and I believe that the post would even be there on Monday :frown: However if you are pooled, (which in this case you don't know about it yet) from tmr onwards there is a possibility that you will be called from another college and you will be informed that you are offered a place :biggrin:

So is it safe to assume that we won't be hearing from our colleges until Monday? If that's the case I don't think I can bear an entire weekend of worrying about this. :frown: Are international students expected to email their colleges and request and electronic copy of their decision letter?

Btw have you heard anything yet? :smile:
Original post by AlexandraSophia
So is it safe to assume that we won't be hearing from our colleges until Monday? If that's the case I don't think I can bear an entire weekend of worrying about this. :frown: Are international students expected to email their colleges and request and electronic copy of their decision letter?

Btw have you heard anything yet? :smile:

I'm more scared because I know there've already been rejections for my course for internationals, and im just sitting on the other side of the world waiting :frown:
Original post by defeatedmac
I'm more scared because I know there've already been rejections for my course for internationals, and im just sitting on the other side of the world waiting :frown:

I know exactly how you feel. I've been waiting since 5pm yesterday (8am UK time). :frown: One of my friends received her rejection letter yesterday and we're both applied for the same course (law) although we applied to different colleges (I applied to St. Catz whilst she applied to Peterhouse). Are you an international as well? What course did you apply for?
I know exactly how you feel. I've been waiting since 5pm yesterday (8am UK time). :frown: One of my friends received her rejection letter yesterday and we're both applied for the same course (law) although we applied to different colleges (I applied to St. Catz whilst she applied to Peterhouse). Are you an international as well? What course did you apply for?

Yup intl. Fitz econ. Im sort of praying that if people already got their rejections yesterday then theyre just holding out on offers till monday. fingers crossed. gonna die.
Reply 631
Original post by dinkypin
Got my letter! Lucy Cavendish offered me a place for English! I think I might be going into shock....

Nice! I got offered a place to do maths there!
And well done :biggrin:
Gosh.. the wait is kind of agonizing.

Anybody here got an offer for econs at Caius? Internationals?
Yup intl. Fitz econ. Im sort of praying that if people already got their rejections yesterday then theyre just holding out on offers till monday. fingers crossed. gonna die.

We're not going to die, chin up guys! :tongue: One way or another we will receive our replies in due course. I just wish it didn't have to take so long. :frown: Hopefully we aren't waiting in vain, fingers and toes crossed! :smile:

Keep the faith, guys. Whatever happens, we've already done our very best. And if Cambridge doesn't accept us, we still have our other university choices right? :biggrin:
We're not going to die, chin up guys! :tongue: One way or another we will receive our replies in due course. I just wish it didn't have to take so long. :frown: Hopefully we aren't waiting in vain, fingers and toes crossed! :smile:

Keep the faith, guys. Whatever happens, we've already done our very best. And if Cambridge doesn't accept us, we still have our other university choices right? :biggrin:

blaaaah hurry fitz hurry :frown: they did this for interviews as well. sent rejections out a week before calls :s-smilie:
blaaaah hurry fitz hurry :frown: they did this for interviews as well. sent rejections out a week before calls :s-smilie:

St Catz is taking an awfully long time tooooo. :frown: I need to be put out of my misery ASAP.
St Catz is taking an awfully long time tooooo. :frown: I need to be put out of my misery ASAP.

Heeeelp us :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

D'you think we'll be notified only on Monday? I cannot take this, amagad. :frown:
D'you think we'll be notified only on Monday? I cannot take this, amagad. :frown:

Ermergerd hurry Fitzwilliam. I keep trying not to get my hopes up :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 639
hoping for my catz post to arrive todayy.. fingers crossed for that

Latest

Trending

Trending