The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone else had the Occupational Health letter from Caius without a decision letter? Not sure if it's a massive mix up or if I have actually gotten an offer... The stress continues, yay.
Reply 1001
Original post by jysim123
Hi everyone,

I applied to read Natural Sciences (Physical) at Churchill College. I'm from Malaysia and I have yet to receive anything (not an email or a physical copy of the letter) from the college. I think my college started sending out letters on the 3rd, so I'm hoping it will reach within 3-4 days. I sent an email in to ask for a scanned copy of my letter but the admissions staff said that they're currently busy supporting the applications in the Pool and said that if I still haven't received the letter by the end of next week, they will send me a scanned copy. Does this in anyway imply that I have gotten a rejection? Any advice will be well appreciated! :smile:

JY

Finally a fellow churchill natsci applicant! I'm in the same situation and I've gotten the same email, hoping for the letter by post sometime soon :s-smilie:
Reply 1002
Original post by meowcat95
Has anyone else had the Occupational Health letter from Caius without a decision letter? Not sure if it's a massive mix up or if I have actually gotten an offer... The stress continues, yay.

I've got absolutely nothing from them yet. I'd say send they an email to find out whats happened but i'm beginning to doubt that anyone will answer.
Checked the mail today, and still nothing from Caius..... :angry:
Original post by WJRA
I've got absolutely nothing from them yet. I'd say send they an email to find out whats happened but i'm beginning to doubt that anyone will answer.

No letter today, but I e-mailed them and the auto-reply email says:

"Unsuccessful and offer letters were sent to UK, EU and international applicants via first class post on the morning of Thursday 3rd January"

They've not said anything about pooling letters... Doest this mean that we have all been pooled :confused:
Reply 1005
Just want to see what everyone else thinks about this. The auto-response from Caius says that "Unsuccessful and offer letters were sent to UK, EU and international applicants via first class post on the morning of Thursday 3rd January". Does that mean that people who have been pooled won't get a letter? Could explain why I've heard nothing.
Reply 1006
Original post by ss06
No letter today, but I e-mailed them and the auto-reply email says:

"Unsuccessful and offer letters were sent to UK, EU and international applicants via first class post on the morning of Thursday 3rd January"

They've not said anything about pooling letters... Doest this mean that we have all been pooled :confused:

You just beat me to it! (See my post below yours). I have no idea but every other college sends letters out to pooled applicants.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1007
Original post by str15
Finally a fellow churchill natsci applicant! I'm in the same situation and I've gotten the same email, hoping for the letter by post sometime soon :s-smilie:

Hi,

I'm so relieved I'm not the only one who's facing this problem - I have been having sleepless nights checking and re-checking my inbox in the hopes of seeing that decision email - I don't think I've ever refreshed my inbox at such an astounding frequency! :tongue:

If we're pooled AND fished out, we should be hearing from the College soon enough.

Are you by any chance an international applicant as well? I'm giving you my very best wishes that you'll get an offer! :smile:
Original post by WJRA

I rang and she said she'd try and email me the decision letter. By tomorrow. At least I'll finally get closure!
Reply 1009
I rang and she said she'd try and email me the decision letter. By tomorrow. At least I'll finally get closure!

I might try and do that later then. First (if I can keep focused) I need to write some History coursework for tomorrow.
Original post by WJRA
You just beat me to it! (See my post below yours). I have no idea but every other college sends letters out to pooled applicants.

They really should be telling us if we have been pooled like all other colleges do, so I doubt it. Anyway they should reply seeing as its Monday now and it is getting a bit ridiculous that we've heard absolutely nothing from them. Their auto-reply message says December 2012 so I wouldn't take it as they won't send the decisions letter by email
Apparently there is no first class international post service offered by the Royal Mail. All international posts take 5-7 days to deliver.
Reply 1012
Original post by WJRA
Just want to see what everyone else thinks about this. The auto-response from Caius says that "Unsuccessful and offer letters were sent to UK, EU and international applicants via first class post on the morning of Thursday 3rd January". Does that mean that people who have been pooled won't get a letter? Could explain why I've heard nothing.

Hi,

I believe that if an applicant is pooled AND fished out, he or she will definitely be notified by their preference college latest by today as interviews will begin very soon. :smile:

I'm thinking of a few possible outcomes:
1. direct offer (hopefully!)
2. pooled but not fished out
3. rejection ( :frown: )
Reply 1013
Original post by water0210
Apparently there is no first class international post service offered by the Royal Mail. All international posts take 5-7 days to deliver.

Gah and Malaysia is so far away from the UK! Hopefully the wait is worth it and we all get favourable replies in the form of offers! :tongue:
Original post by jysim123
Gah and Malaysia is so far away from the UK! Hopefully the wait is worth it and we all get favourable replies in the form of offers! :tongue:

It may take longer than that. Some UK applicants (one living in London) still haven't got their letters as of yesterday night. While an applicant from Europe and an applicant in Scotland have already received their letters. I wonder why the situation is so strange. Maybe they posted the letters later than the designated deadline.

And also for your interest. As of what I have read in this forum, there is no applicant for Caius being able to get an email with a copy of the letter up until now.

When they say "By tomorrow," does that they will send out e-mails today, because i've got school tomorrow, and i need to find out before school because people will be asking
Original post by ss06
When they say "By tomorrow," does that they will send out e-mails today, because i've got school tomorrow, and i need to find out before school because people will be asking

i just phoned up the caius admissions office and the lady said to send an email to the admissions email address and she'll try to send the decision letter asap. she said it would take forever though because she's got hundreds to go through
Just called the admissions office for the college I applied to, and she told me that by hook or by crook, all colleges would either call or e-mail applicants if they are offered a place.
Original post by ss06

She said it would probably be today, but in the afternoon, but it might be tomorrow because it will take her a long time! I think there are a lot of us whose letter has gotten lost in the mail...
Reply 1019
Original post by faithopejoy
Just called the admissions office for the college I applied to, and she told me that by hook or by crook, all colleges would either call or e-mail applicants if they are offered a place.

Hi,
Sorry for being nosy but which college did you apply to?

Latest

Trending

Trending