The Student Room Group

Will I get an offer??

Hey, i'm currently completing my a-levels and next year I'm sending away my ucas, I'm hoping to do speech therapy hopefully at uni of ulster and I predict I'm going to get at least 2A'S and a B, however I have yet to pass my GCSE maths :/ but I'm also working at it while doing A-Levels, but do you reckon with those grades I would get an offer, maybe without the maths? I do know maths is important but just feel i won't pass it, as it is my weakest subject :frown: #feelinghopeful

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
If you're predicted more than the requirements then yes probably, regarding your PS is good. My friend has currently got a D in Maths and her offer stated "You have an offer on the condition you achieve a C in Maths/Pass in Funtional Skills". So you'll get the offer, you just need to achieve the C in maths otherwise you might not get a place when results come out
Reply 2
Ok thanks!! :smile:

Reply 3
Hey! I'm applying for the University of Ulster Speech and Language Course too! My application is sent and all :smile:
I've been emailing the Head of SaLT, Julie Nesbitt, and she told me there are very limited places on the course, last year only 27 places were offered! :eek: Are you aware of the required HPAT test that you will need to do? It's supposedly a general knowledge test with three sections and it is three and a half hours long, from what I've heard from previous year applicants, they had to score a 96 out of 100 percentile to secure a possible place! :eek: As it is an applied science course there is a lot of competition to get into it! I've been predicted two A*'s and a B in my A-Levels, so heres hoping I do actually achieve that (because i think it's not very likely! :tongue:) and score high enough in the HPAT to get on the course!

I wish you all the luck also! :smile:
Reply 4
Hey! Oh that's good your applying for it to because i thought this course might not be popular but I thought wrong obviously! :/ I think it's so interesting! But no I wasn't aware of the Hpat test:/ does sound quite tough! When did u send away for your application? and what A-Levels are you doing? :smile:

Reply 5
I didn't think it was popular either but jeez we were wrong! The Unis in England offer around forty places and have 500 odd applicants! Do you know where else you'd like to apply to? :smile:
My application was sent just before Christmas so I haven't received an offers as of yet, i've just had emails saying my application is being processed and that's scary enough!
I'm doing English Literature, ICT and Health and Social Care, my school doesn't offer any kind of sciences at A level :frown: but I cover a lot of topics included on the SaLT course in English and Health and Social Care, some unis want specific science a levels so I didn't apply to them :P what A-Levels are you doing?
And yeah I only found out about HPAT at the start of last month! It costs 100 pounds to sit as well! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Yeah we did! :frown: em no I'm not sure what other university's I would consider but I'm a stay at home kind of person and it would be so good for me to get into university of ulster!:/ over here! Your A-Level subjects are really good! :smile: I'm also doing health and social care, as well as doing psychology and Home Economics. How you finding health and social care? My exam for that is next Monday as well as Home Economics which I'm not looking forward to!lol have you exams coming up also? :smile:

Reply 7
Original post by Tory17
Yeah we did! :frown: em no I'm not sure what other university's I would consider but I'm a stay at home kind of person and it would be so good for me to get into university of ulster!:/ over here! Your A-Level subjects are really good! :smile: I'm also doing health and social care, as well as doing psychology and Home Economics. How you finding health and social care? My exam for that is next Monday as well as Home Economics which I'm not looking forward to!lol have you exams coming up also? :smile:

Aw I know I'm a stay at home girl too so I'm really determined to get on the Jordanstown Course! They have 350 applicants each year which makes it scary considering they only offer around 30 spaces :frown: I'd love to do psychology! I actually considered doing it at Uni, then I found SaLT and I was like OMG IT SOUNDS AMAZING :biggrin: I love health and social care! Got an A in my exam and all my coursework units last year, the exam for this year is two weeks today! I'm predicted an A* overall so here's hoping :smile: how do you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tory17
Hey, i'm currently completing my a-levels and next year I'm sending away my ucas, I'm hoping to do speech therapy hopefully at uni of ulster and I predict I'm going to get at least 2A'S and a B, however I have yet to pass my GCSE maths :/ but I'm also working at it while doing A-Levels, but do you reckon with those grades I would get an offer, maybe without the maths? I do know maths is important but just feel i won't pass it, as it is my weakest subject :frown: #feelinghopeful

The Ulster SALT BSc requires BBB at A-level, but also wants at least a C at GCSE in English Language, a Science and Maths. The latter are general requirements by the university, not the course.

See http://prospectus.ulster.ac.uk/course/?id=9779
Reply 9
Yeah to get on this course is going to be challenging!!Aw yeah I love psychology! It's so interesting :smile: oh wow that's amazing well done you! my first health and social care exam is on Monday:/ hopefully it'll be easy enough! Any tips?:smile:

Reply 10
Original post by Tory17
Yeah to get on this course is going to be challenging!!Aw yeah I love psychology! It's so interesting :smile: oh wow that's amazing well done you! my first health and social care exam is on Monday:/ hopefully it'll be easy enough! Any tips?:smile:

Which exam board are you on? Mines is CCEA but if yours is different it'll be a different exam! The only tips I can give you is spider diagrams! If you learn by writing things down then defo so that! I used a whole notepad on revising for it and I only had to write the stuff out once and look over it to learn it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Yeah mine is CCEA aswell:smile: aw yeah thats what I've been doing, so hopefully it all goes well! There isn't to much to learn thankfully! :smile:

Reply 12
Original post by Tory17
Yeah mine is CCEA aswell:smile: aw yeah thats what I've been doing, so hopefully it all goes well! There isn't to much to learn thankfully! :smile:

Aw well then you're grand! Seriously learn the notes by the spider diagrams and do practice questions and you'll be sweet! Good luck :B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Yeah will do! thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending