The Student Room Group

London job for 16 year old

Hey guys,

I am relatively new to this, so sorry if I am not posting in the right place, I literally have no clue. I am currently studying 5 AS-Level subjects, in central London but in need of a part-time job. Can someone tell me where to find a job bearing in mind that I am 16 years of age.. This seems to be a really big problem as most jobs require you to be 18 years old and full-time.

Thanks, and hope you all had great holidays!

FMS

Scroll to see replies

You could always sell your anal virginity.
Reply 2
Original post by fudgemuffins
You could always sell your anal virginity.

Don't you need to be 18 for that?
Plus I thought that would be illegal?
Chessington world of adventures is a good place to work. I'm just about to start working there again in March. They're very flexible as well since many of their employees are a-level or uni students.
Reply 4
Try merlin attractions Madame tussauds etc they are really flexible because pretty much everyone is a student :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
FMS
OP
thanks for the madama tussauds idea, hadnt thought about that type of job :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Original post by FMS
thanks for the madama tussauds idea, hadnt thought about that type of job :rolleyes:

Thats ok :smile: Trying to find something in retail etc otherwise is really difficult especially when you only want to work one day a week and a few extra in the holidays!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
FMS
OP
yeah thats exactly it..
Do you know of any other part time jobs? something other than dog walking, because people don't understand the concept of working like a few hours every week :angry:
Reply 8
Big department stores occasionally have Saturday jobs, next definitely do but as you can expect they tend to go quite fast with students so keep checking their website regularly to spot one! Or try privately owned cafes they're often easier to get a job at and more flexible - prob not the best pay but hours should suit better. Or there's the supermarket but don't be surprised to be expected to work at least one evening shift in the week too (opt for fri eve and sat afternoon for example) or take a Lool at your timetable, I have no lessons on a Tuesday afternoon do if needed I could say do a tues evening on top of the sat because I know I have time to get any work I need to done. Unfortunately there's not a lot for us students who want small part time posts....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
FMS
OP
Original post by winningjojo
Big department stores occasionally have Saturday jobs, next definitely do but as you can expect they tend to go quite fast with students so keep checking their website regularly to spot one! Or try privately owned cafes they're often easier to get a job at and more flexible - prob not the best pay but hours should suit better. Or there's the supermarket but don't be surprised to be expected to work at least one evening shift in the week too (opt for fri eve and sat afternoon for example) or take a Lool at your timetable, I have no lessons on a Tuesday afternoon do if needed I could say do a tues evening on top of the sat because I know I have time to get any work I need to done. Unfortunately there's not a lot for us students who want small part time posts....

Posted from TSR Mobile

so are you doing AS level too? how successful have you been with finding a job?
Original post by FMS
so are you doing AS level too? how successful have you been with finding a job?

A2 and I'm about to start my 3rd season at legoland :smile: first job was summer hol one at monsoon which I got cos we know the manager but after that quite hard. I got into legoland the end of that summer and have sort have just stayed there. I've tried looking elsewhere but impossible to either find suitable hours or fair pay or just too competitive! The works only march til november. I'm hoping to head to uni in September so will have to give the job up unfortunately :frown: hopefully ill still be able to come back in the summer holidays though - hours are perfect and flexible I do Saturdays and 2/3 days extra in school holidays :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
FMS
OP
very well done to you, as they say: 'Chapeau'.. Thanks for your advice and help and I wish you all the best
You too and hope you find yourself a job soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
FMS
OP
Original post by winningjojo
You too and hope you find yourself a job soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 14
Original post by disgracieful
Chessington world of adventures is a good place to work. I'm just about to start working there again in March. They're very flexible as well since many of their employees are a-level or uni students.

Hey I had my interview for Rides and attractions host on saturday the 12th of january, I was just wanting to ask if you knew how long it will take for the recruitment team to get back to me to let me know if i got the job or not? :smile:
Original post by jakebyrne
Hey I had my interview for Rides and attractions host on saturday the 12th of january, I was just wanting to ask if you knew how long it will take for the recruitment team to get back to me to let me know if i got the job or not? :smile:

Oh nice! Well they say wait 2 weeks to hear back and give them a ring if you don't hear anything after that time. I personally got a call the next day, so hopefully they'll get in contact with you sometime this week! Good Luck!
Reply 16
Ahhh okay thanks very much for letting me know, and i hope so because I really want and need this job :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by disgracieful
Oh nice! Well they say wait 2 weeks to hear back and give them a ring if you don't hear anything after that time. I personally got a call the next day, so hopefully they'll get in contact with you sometime this week! Good Luck!

I got the job btw! :smile:
Oh nice! do you know what team you'll be in? I've got my returners induction tonight.
Reply 19
Yh im going to be in Team Crusoe so i think thats tomb blaster, rameses and rattle snake. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending