The Student Room Group

Dating site for students/grads - is there such a thing?

Hey guys, just thought I'd ask this question and see if anyone had any thoughts

Really briefly, my situation (which I've mentioned before, I know :redface:) - I'm 24 years old, graduated in 2010 from redbrick uni, now work in City of London as an analyst for an investment bank.

I'm a sociable, outgoing, reasonable-looking guy who never had any problems meeting girls at uni, and ended up in a lengthy relationship from 3rd year up until recently.

I'm now back on the "dating scene," however my problem is this - I work long hours, live at home, and most of my friends are now in relationships themselves, so aren't really into going on nights out so much anymore (we get together to go clubbing once a month if I'm lucky)
All this put together sadly isn't conducive to meeting a nice girl!

So recently I tried online dating (the pros & cons of which have been discussed on this board at length I think!) It went okay, and over the last couple of weeks I've had 4-5 dates with some reasonably attractive girls, after work in London.

Now here's the problem - on each of the dates, we just haven't been compatible. All the girls except one didn't go to uni, they've tended to be hairdressers/beauticians etc. which by itself is absolutely fine, I couldn't care what their occupation is as long as they're nice, funny, good company etc.

However the girls I've met are just not into the stuff I like unfortunately - I love reading and comparing books, they don't, I like discussing politics, these girls don't, I like having debates, they... well you guessed it

Don't get me wrong, I'm into drinking, clubbing, football, reality tv as much as the next guy, and I'd like to think I'm not some kind of esoteric intellectual snob, but at the same time I want to have intellectual debates, witty banter etc - like I did with most of the girls I met at uni:redface:

So my question is - are there dating sites solely for uni students/graduates? As I've said above, in no way do I look down on girls who are heavily into TOWIE/clubbing etc. (I'm far from perfect myself!) but they're just not my type.

Thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
I've actually been thinking about this recently!
Based on what I've seen online so far, there isn't anything specifically aimed at people that currently go to or have in the past gone to university.
Shame really, as being a first year that decided to live at home while studying, a student dating site is something I'd definitely consider trying out :/
Reply 2
Original post by jamesmiguel
Hey guys, just thought I'd ask this question and see if anyone had any thoughts

Really briefly, my situation (which I've mentioned before, I know :redface:) - I'm 24 years old, graduated in 2010 from redbrick uni, now work in City of London as an analyst for an investment bank.

I'm a sociable, outgoing, reasonable-looking guy who never had any problems meeting girls at uni, and ended up in a lengthy relationship from 3rd year up until recently.

I'm now back on the "dating scene," however my problem is this - I work long hours, live at home, and most of my friends are now in relationships themselves, so aren't really into going on nights out so much anymore (we get together to go clubbing once a month if I'm lucky)
All this put together sadly isn't conducive to meeting a nice girl!

So recently I tried online dating (the pros & cons of which have been discussed on this board at length I think!) It went okay, and over the last couple of weeks I've had 4-5 dates with some reasonably attractive girls, after work in London.

Now here's the problem - on each of the dates, we just haven't been compatible. All the girls except one didn't go to uni, they've tended to be hairdressers/beauticians etc. which by itself is absolutely fine, I couldn't care what their occupation is as long as they're nice, funny, good company etc.

However the girls I've met are just not into the stuff I like unfortunately - I love reading and comparing books, they don't, I like discussing politics, these girls don't, I like having debates, they... well you guessed it

Don't get me wrong, I'm into drinking, clubbing, football, reality tv as much as the next guy, and I'd like to think I'm not some kind of esoteric intellectual snob, but at the same time I want to have intellectual debates, witty banter etc - like I did with most of the girls I met at uni:redface:

So my question is - are there dating sites solely for uni students/graduates? As I've said above, in no way do I look down on girls who are heavily into TOWIE/clubbing etc. (I'm far from perfect myself!) but they're just not my type.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Start it as a business :biggrin:
Yes there is :smile:. - this one is aimed at students specifically as you need a ".ac.uk" email to join

Here is the link:

http://www.freshmeet.co.uk/s/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending