The Student Room Group

Got my practical driving test tomorrow - so nervous, any advice? Any stories? Anythin

I passed my driving test despite being super nervous! Just go through all the routines in your head. Imagine it's just a normal driving lesson (that's pretty much all it is, really!), then the other thing I'd say is if you know you've made a mistake, carry on and DON'T dwell on it. Just leave it. I forgot to check my blind spot first time I pulled away but I just put it to the back of my mind, and only got a minor for it :smile:

Good luck!! :biggrin:
Original post by cant_think_of_name
I passed my driving test despite being super nervous! Just go through all the routines in your head. Imagine it's just a normal driving lesson

Best advice to be honest! If you're not nervous it's so much easier, pretend you're doing a mock test with your driving instructor and you'll be fine.

Good luck x
Reply 3
Take a bottle of water and before every manavour just say your have a sore throat and ask if its ok to take a sip and use that time to relax and clear head
Reply 4
Original post by cant_think_of_name
I passed my driving test despite being super nervous! Just go through all the routines in your head. Imagine it's just a normal driving lesson (that's pretty much all it is, really!), then the other thing I'd say is if you know you've made a mistake, carry on and DON'T dwell on it. Just leave it. I forgot to check my blind spot first time I pulled away but I just put it to the back of my mind, and only got a minor for it :smile:

Good luck!! :biggrin:

Very wise advice here :smile: Best of luck to you, it's a nerve-wracking experience and definitely not pleasant but just remember, you wouldn't be doing it if you weren't ready for it! Go in there and smash it [... not literally :smile:].

I do have a story about a woman who was told to turn right on the roundabout... and literally turned right, so she ended up going the wrong way around it! And the girl who did so well all the way back to the test centre, but clipped a car whilst driving into the car park. This won't be you, you'll be fine!
Reply 5
Same position here mate, 1 25 tomorrow. My maneuvers have gone to pot lately, nerves are building up as a result. Fuark
Original post by Dr DaMan
Same position here mate, 1 25 tomorrow. My maneuvers have gone to pot lately, nerves are building up as a result. Fuark

Good luck mate
Reply 7
Thanks everyone, literally never been this nervous! **** **** mannnn

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by JLXP
Good luck mate

much appreciated mate. I'm already cautious so I'm just going to drive even more cautiously and pray I don't have to do a left reverse.
I was so nervous that I forgot to put my indicator on my first junction. I just drove straight out into traffic

I said sorry and my examiner said don't worry about it, thought he was lying but he passed me so it turned out he wasn't :biggrin:
just chill out and relax i havent passed my test yet but i have done plenty of mocks which were scary enough
i am sure you will be fine just try and enjoy it as silly as that sounds
Trust me the actual test isn't as scary as you think it would be, plus it goes really quick.
Original post by Dr DaMan
much appreciated mate. I'm already cautious so I'm just going to drive even more cautiously and pray I don't have to do a left reverse.

Is that a reverse around a corner? That's what i did in my test! Think positive and you will be fine
Reply 13
Original post by JLXP
Is that a reverse around a corner? That's what i did in my test! Think positive and you will be fine

yeah it is. I'm going to do brilliantly. I'm going to do brilliantly. I'm going to do brilliantly.

So... good news? :colondollar:
Reply 15
Reply 16
take your time, and remember that you cant check your mirrors enough

and remember that 'can't' is the real c word!
Reply 17
Thanks everyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending