The Student Room Group

Primary education with QTS newport

I had my interview for Newport university To study primary education with QTS on the 27th of Feb 2013, it all went really well and I had positive feedback from my interviewers, but feel the nerves got to me and I made silly mistakes on my English test and haven't heard a decision yet... I'm really worrying now, has anyone else heard back? I'm convinced I've been unsuccessful due to the length of time.
Original post by Cari29392
I had my interview for Newport university To study primary education with QTS on the 27th of Feb 2013, it all went really well and I had positive feedback from my interviewers, but feel the nerves got to me and I made silly mistakes on my English test and haven't heard a decision yet... I'm really worrying now, has anyone else heard back? I'm convinced I've been unsuccessful due to the length of time.

The unis have until 9th May to reply to you and some will take this long particularly with courses like primary education where they will want to compare one interview group to another one the following week.

I've moved this to the primary education forum where you might find more applicants for your course but at the moment, it's only been a week and I really wouldn't worry at all.
Reply 2
Thank you :smile: I'm new to this site but thought I'd seek some advice. I spoke to a girl I met on the day and she had an unsuccessful on Tuesday, I hope I hear soon to put my mind at ease.
Reply 3
Thank you :smile: I'm new to this site but thought I'd seek some advice. I spoke to a girl I met on the day and she had an unsuccessful on Tuesday, I hope I hear soon to put my mind at ease.

I had my interview on the 13th of feb for Newport and it took them 2 weeks to get back to me :smile: have you heard anything yet ?
Reply 4
No still haven't heard! I just phoned them and I'll find out tomorrow as there was some confusion with my application whether I would be doing the course through welsh or English as I am fluent in both languages! I really hope I've got a place :-) what offer did you recieve?
Reply 5
No still haven't heard! I just phoned them and I'll find out tomorrow as there was some confusion with my application whether I would be doing the course through welsh or English as I am fluent in both languages! I really hope I've got a place :-) what offer did you recieve?

Conditional offer as long as I get a pass in my course :smile: iv had offers from trinity and Newport and I'm really confused to which one to choose :/ .. You going to to welsh or English?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Celey1
Conditional offer as long as I get a pass in my course :smile: iv had offers from trinity and Newport and I'm really confused to which one to choose :/ .. You going to to welsh or English?

Hii, I'm going to study primary education with QTS in trinity, I'm going to be doing it in welsh :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by BeccaNort
Hii, I'm going to study primary education with QTS in trinity, I'm going to be doing it in welsh :smile:

Im accepted trinity aswell , but in English! You going to live there?:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Celey1
Im accepted trinity aswell , but in English! You going to live there?:smile:

I'm not sure! I can't decide. I'm only 40 minutes away but it is full time! I'll have to look into it. Are you?
Reply 9
I'm not sure! I can't decide. I'm only 40 minutes away but it is full time! I'll have to look into it. Are you?

Yeah I'm the same , I live in port talbot so id have to be up at like 6 everyday; might be easier to live there ... So hard deciding :/
Reply 10
Original post by Celey1
Yeah I'm the same , I live in port talbot so id have to be up at like 6 everyday; might be easier to live there ... So hard deciding :/

I knoww! I'm hoping I wont have to, because to be honest I don't really want to. But I might change my mind! If you don't live there do you know if you need a parking permit or something?
Reply 11
I knoww! I'm hoping I wont have to, because to be honest I don't really want to. But I might change my mind! If you don't live there do you know if you need a parking permit or something?

Yeah I think so, there's not much info on website is there about that ::'/xxx
Reply 12
Original post by Celey1
Yeah I think so, there's not much info on website is there about that ::'/xxx

Not that I've been able to find! They've sent me loads of forms to fill in so I don't know if there's some info in there. I need to have a good look through them later. What course are you studying - out of interest? It's a conditional offer you've got is it? xx

Quick Reply

Latest