The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Dragonfly07
I would be happy that, if any gay child had to be born, it was born to me and not to some homophobic bastard.

The problem is, no 'gay' child is ever born. No-one is born gay. It would be based on nurture. Your child would be biologically designed for the opposite gender and sex, but has acquired the tendency to go for the same sex. Why do parents try to find cures when a child loses a leg or arm, but the very reason we humans adapted, the very reasons we have arms legs and organs are to mate with the opposite gender, procreate, and further ensure the survival of our genes, and a condition which makes that impossible is seen as 'positive'.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 41
Order Dominoes .
Original post by MENDACIUM
Homosexuality is not inherited, nor is it genetic, so there is absolutely no chance of me - being control of their nurture- having to go through this. I would have regular conversations with them from an early age of what they biologically are(a man) or my partner if we had a daughter (a woman!). We'd obviously educate them about biology, about nature, about how society works, and such. My son or daughter would be biologically designed for the opposite sex. Thus, homosexuality is a deviance from this natural design. I do not hate gay people. From a clinical point of view, I believe men are designed biologically for women, and vice versa. Thus, homosexuality -or any non heterosexuality- is a deviance.

Well there are some genetic components, you say so yourself in your next post.
And you aren't in control of their nurture. You can't control who they interact with in nursery or in school or when they're out shopping. You can't always control what they'll see online or on TV or on a billboard. You can't control whether or not your partner dies (I hope not but it could contribute) or if they hit their head while playing or how many older brothers a male child has.

What exactly 'designed' us? Do you believe in God?
And why wouldn't you be disappointed? If your son or daughter are biologically designed for something, to be in a position where by virtue of nurture they do not obey natural laws? If we look at this in terms of pure biology, we have 'sex' as a desire to allow our genes to survive. A son or daughter who is gay by default won't have kids, thus nullifying our natural desire.

Except they can and possibly will have kids. Their own biological children. It happens. It doesn't even always need science.

You need to stop talking about what is 'natural'. The computer you're on is not natural, but you seem to like that. Curare is natural, but I wouldn't recommend getting yourself any.
Reply 44
I'd love them regardless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by minimarshmallow
Well there are some genetic components, you say so yourself in your next post.
And you aren't in control of their nurture. You can't control who they interact with in nursery or in school or when they're out shopping. You can't always control what they'll see online or on TV or on a billboard. You can't control whether or not your partner dies (I hope not but it could contribute) or if they hit their head while playing or how many older brothers a male child has.

What exactly 'designed' us? Do you believe in God?

You can control their internet access, the books they read, the beliefs they are taught, the support they have , the kind of school they go to, the friends you allow them to come home with, and such. In addition, we human beings are designed, either through an underlying intelligence, or If you're an atheist - evolution. It is an absolute, irrefuteable fact that a woman is biologically adapted for a man, in order to allow their genes to spread. Every single organ in the body is designed for this purpose(survival, growth, for reproduction).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 46
Say "I'll always love you; which ever sex you're interested in."

<3 x
You can control their internet access, the books they read, the beliefs they are taught, the support they have , the kind of school they go to, the friends you allow them to come home with, and such. In edition, we human beings are designed, either through an underlying intelligence, or If you're an atheist - evolution. It is an absolute, irrefuteable fact that a woman is biologically adapted for a man, in order to allow their genes to spread. Every single organ in the body is designed for this purpose(survival, growth, for reproduction).

And if they go to school and go on the internet, go to school and read a book that you don't like? You can't always control what they're taught, some things are necessary to be taught. You can control the school they go to but you can't control who they talk to when they're there, even if you say they can't be friends with them you can't stop them unless you go to school with them everyday. You can't stop them from seeing a gay couple kissing in the street until they've already seen it.
Unless you plan on never letting them have any contact with the outside world (which is illegal, and probably still wouldn't give you absolute control because if your partner died you'd have problems, they could still hit their head, they could still be the 2nd, 3rd or 4th son you have) you can't control all of the non genetic influences.

My vagina (and the vagina of every other female) adapted to accommodate a penis. That's it. Doesn't mean I have to do it. Doesn't mean I have to do it to have a baby (Turkey baster or modern science etc.) Doesn't mean I have to fancy men to do it (many people have sex with people they aren't attracted to). Doesn't mean it has to be reproductive in nature if it does happen (I take a contraceptive pill).
We weren't designed. Evolution doesn't have intentionality, it just happens.
Reply 48
If upbringing had anything to do with sexuality, there'd be no gay Muslims who were scared to tell their devout parents
Reply 49
Son: I'm gay Dad.
Me: I thought I was the only one!
Son: WTF. What about Mum?

:colone:
I'd burn them.

Then feed them to the pigs.
I'd force him into an arranged marriage, and tell him he'd get to like pussy over time
Reply 52
Original post by ipoop
Parent in denial over here!! :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they come out French, I'll be LIVID. :mad:
Reply 53
Original post by skyblue1991
I'd burn them.

Then feed them to the pigs.

tumblr_ltjz4ob2jz1qg25fb.jpg
Reply 54
I'd support their life decisions, no one wants their parents being against them,

If one became a traffic warden on the other hand... :tongue:
Reply 55
I'd be glad that they weren't born to homophobic or unaccepting parents.
Nothing. It wouldn't change anything other than the relationship advice I would give them.
Original post by LukeM90
I'd support their life decisions, no one wants their parents being against them,

If one became a traffic warden on the other hand... :tongue:

If your child became a traffic warden even I would cast them out. :lol:
Wouldn't care
Reply 59
Original post by Bluffroom
If your child became a traffic warden even I would cast them out. :lol:

good! lol my potential bastard children will get no handouts for being a traffic warden lol.

ah I strongly dislike traffic wardens, they make towns and cities so much more inconvinient lol

Latest