The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Dietetics Surrey 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Fward
Im glad it updated for you :smile: Do you think you will firm Surrey??

Thank you, I think so, what are you doing? Where are you firming :smile:??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 21
Original post by betsickles
Thank you, I think so, what are you doing? Where are you firming :smile:??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool! I have also firmed Surrey but for Law with Criminology. Where you from??
Reply 22
Original post by Fward
Cool! I have also firmed Surrey but for Law with Criminology. Where you from??

Nice, I'm from Eastbourne (near Brighton) what's your name? I'm Emily x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Nice, I'm from Eastbourne (near Brighton) what's your name? I'm Emily x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah your a bit closer to Surrey than me then, I'm from Devon. I'm Faye :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Fward
Ah your a bit closer to Surrey than me then, I'm from Devon. I'm Faye :smile:

Devon is lovely.. What's your name? Ill add you on fb will be nice to know someone at Surrey xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Devon is lovely.. What's your name? Ill add you on fb will be nice to know someone at Surrey xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's lovely in the sun - but can be pretty rubbish when it's raining constantly...
Its Faye Ward - I agree, i'm still trying to find someone from over Devon way who's going to Surrey - I was lucky last year and found someone from Somerset (i think) but then I defered my entry to 2013, so needed to start looking for people all over again
Reply 26
Original post by Fward
It's lovely in the sun - but can be pretty rubbish when it's raining constantly...
Its Faye Ward - I agree, i'm still trying to find someone from over Devon way who's going to Surrey - I was lucky last year and found someone from Somerset (i think) but then I defered my entry to 2013, so needed to start looking for people all over again

Haha there seems to be lots of Faye ward' haha add me: Facebook.com/emilybetts15
Ah just the same as here really! I'm used to high prices of the south east, you've got that to look forward to :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Haha there seems to be lots of Faye ward' haha add me: Facebook.com/emilybetts15
Ah just the same as here really! I'm used to high prices of the south east, you've got that to look forward to :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Added :smile: I'm surprised there is lots of Faye Wards on fb as Faye is supposed to be quite a rare name...
Tbh Devon isn't actually that cheap - especially housing; however when I'm having to pay for myself in Surrey I reakon it's going to be a bit of a shock
Reply 28
Original post by hotszyee
wht did they ask u abt? I am having the interview tmr. i am afraid that i am not prepared enough.

Really sorry I've only just seen this! hope it went okay!

Basically (for anyone else) it was just the usual "what does a dietician do?" etc, "what attributes do you have?" and things about my personal statement :biggrin:
Reply 29
Original post by xxZazxx
just got an offer earlier today - 2 months after interview haha, better late than never though I guess :biggrin: really chuffed!

YAY!! well done!!! I'm so excited now! 6 months and it'll be fresher's week! I'll see you there! :biggrin:
Are dietetics students normally school leavers ? Or are most mature?
Reply 31
Original post by thegreenchildren

Mix of both I have heard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by jojokt
YAY!! well done!!! I'm so excited now! 6 months and it'll be fresher's week! I'll see you there! :biggrin:

Thanks :smile:!!! yep will probably see you there :biggrin: just deciding whether to firm nottingham or surrey - still waiting on king's which i had a few months ago but not very hopeful :redface:! are you waiting on any others??
Reply 33

I'm 1st year dietetics at Surrey, and about 6 out of 40 of us are mature students. That's really low for dietetics where it's usually around 50%. I think mature students prefer urban unis, but I also know a few from my access course who didn't get in to Surrey, so maybe they don't like us much :confused:
It's not great for mature students TBH but I didn't get in King's and didn't want to go to London Met but stay in SE so here I am.
Original post by freebee
I'm 1st year dietetics at Surrey, and about 6 out of 40 of us are mature students. That's really low for dietetics where it's usually around 50%. I think mature students prefer urban unis, but I also know a few from my access course who didn't get in to Surrey, so maybe they don't like us much :confused:
It's not great for mature students TBH but I didn't get in King's and didn't want to go to London Met but stay in SE so here I am.

Ah right thanks for the info.
As you seem to know your stuff, could you tell me which dietetics courses are made up of more school leavers and which are made up of more mature students if that's ok? I am just very interested. It's ok if you don't know :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by xxZazxx
Thanks :smile:!!! yep will probably see you there :biggrin: just deciding whether to firm nottingham or surrey - still waiting on king's which i had a few months ago but not very hopeful :redface:! are you waiting on any others??

I just heard back from kings!!!! & I got a place!!! I really don't know what to do now though! I think I'm going to literally have to write a list of pros & cons for each place :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by jojokt
I just heard back from kings!!!! & I got a place!!! I really don't know what to do now though! I think I'm going to literally have to write a list of pros & cons for each place :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

aww well done that's fab :smile:!! did you hear today? decisions decisons :P
Does anyone know why Surrey are not answering my calls? Do they not work during the holidays?
Reply 38
I think most universities are taking a teaching break for the Easter weekend until Wednesday 3rd. You may well have more of a response calling tomorrow. Good luck.
Reply 39
Does anyone know why Surrey are not answering my calls? Do they not work during the holidays?

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/about/dates/

Quick google found that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending