The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Bleh! University cards?

Just accepted my accommodation offer and it says I should register for my university card now. But it's asking me to use my Student ID as my password for the card registration log in...

Anyone know when we got our Student IDs? Or where they might be? I looked at my offer letter and the only ID on it is my UCAS ID. They ask for it on the residence form too, and I'm still drawing a total blank :c
Reply 1
Original post by ebreeze
Just accepted my accommodation offer and it says I should register for my university card now. But it's asking me to use my Student ID as my password for the card registration log in...

Anyone know when we got our Student IDs? Or where they might be? I looked at my offer letter and the only ID on it is my UCAS ID. They ask for it on the residence form too, and I'm still drawing a total blank :c

I'm not sure but it may be worth a try - it may be the ID number on the top of the second page of your accommodation offer letter, under "Important Financial Information" - Can you let me know how you register for the university card?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ebreeze

The student ID card is a 7 digit number (for me it was so i'd assume its generic) that is on the 2nd page of your offer letter. The offer letter is the .pdf document that you were emailed to say you have an accommodation offer. It should be titled 'MR/MRS "Your Name" Offer Letter'.

Original post by Su...
Can you let me know how you register for the university card?

I emailed the accommodation office about this is what they sent me back:

Hello

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately your information has not yet been transferred to the card system so at present you are unable to apply for the University Card. If your course commences Sept/Oct 2013 please see below.

Please wait to receive your email inviting you to upload your photograph. The email should be received between now and the end of July/ August. Please check your spam box. You may also apply through the student portal towards the end of August.

Please email me back if you have not received the email or are unable to apply through the student portal by the following dates.

1. Awaiting August A Level results - end of August.

2. Any others - end of July.
Reply 3
Original post by Dpdr
The student ID card is a 7 digit number (for me it was so i'd assume its generic) that is on the 2nd page of your offer letter. The offer letter is the .pdf document that you were emailed to say you have an accommodation offer. It should be titled 'MR/MRS "Your Name" Offer Letter'.

You're an absolute doll, that's what I assumed it was, but I wasn't sure. Yeah, that's the same email I got. I was just worried I'd done something wrong, ehe. Thanks for reassuring me!
Reply 4
Original post by Dpdr

I emailed the accommodation office about this is what they sent me back:

Thank you :smile:
How do you know your username and password when applying for the university card?
Original post by Anthony_Wong
How do you know your username and password when applying for the university card?

Bump, I think the passoword is what is stated above, but the username I have no idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending