The Student Room Group

I'm in love with the wrong person. Awks.

I've known my best friend for a long time, almost since we were 5. But just recently, I've started to see him more than a friend. Yeah, you guessed it: I'm in love with him.

But I'm a guy. He's a guy.

So, not only have I realized I love him. But also, that I am gay. So, it's this really awkward feeling.

Sometimes...

He does what you could call "Bromance" but I think it might be flirting. (or maybe wishful thinking). Yesterday, we were walking and he joked "I'd be in shower with you any day" :zomg:. Obviously, I felt all giddy inside.

But he's the only one who makes me feel really happy every time I am around him. Like, I feel really secure. Every time, I'm around him - I don't care about the world, anything. Just him.

And there is no way I am going to let this opportunity slip right out of my hands.

So guys and girls, what is the fastest way to change someone's sexuality? I am thinking classical conditioning - you know make him subconsciously associate girls with disgusting pile of poop, and do the opposite for boys. Then he would have no choice but to choose me.

He will finally be mine.

Any other ways?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is this a joke? You can't control who he's attracted to, just like how you can't control the fact that you're gay.
Reply 2
Fall in love with a transsexual? Seems like your best bet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Looool I'm actually coughing at this. One to screenshot and show the biology teacher I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I suppose the only thing you can do is try and flirt back, I guess. If you do it subtly, that's probably best; if he's looking for it, he'll notice it, if he isn't, he won't.

I was in a similar situation however, missed the opportunity and regretted it for ages. So yeah, go for it and don't miss your chance!
You all are so unhelpful. Clearly, each individual is born bisexual but with preference. Thus, I simply would like to know of ways to change his preference. I believe if I can do what Watson and Raynar did and hit a steel bar everytime he comes near a girl, he will develop a phobia of girls. However, that is so unfeasable. So I would like to know of a more realistic way.
Original post by Jina
Looool I'm actually coughing at this. One to screenshot and show the biology teacher I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you also ask him for some suggestions?
Original post by ZRO
Fall in love with a transsexual? Seems like your best bet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I WON'T FALL IN LOVE WITH ANYONE ELSE BUT HIM. Oh. I see your point. Go through gender reassignment surgery? I would do anything for him... but isn't that a bit too far?
Original post by zincoff
Is this a joke? You can't control who he's attracted to, just like how you can't control the fact that you're gay.

Oh please. Everyone is born bisexual but with preference. If peadophilia and beastiality can be changed, so can heterosexuality.
Reply 9
Great effort, made me chuckle.
Original post by Anonymous
I suppose the only thing you can do is try and flirt back, I guess. If you do it subtly, that's probably best; if he's looking for it, he'll notice it, if he isn't, he won't.

I was in a similar situation however, missed the opportunity and regretted it for ages. So yeah, go for it and don't miss your chance!

Yes! I'll be as subtle as a subtle person.
Help!
Reply 12
Yes? Didn't subtlety work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Yes? Didn't subtlety work?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No :frown: I decided to carry a blow-horn with me and blow it every time he says something about a girl. He was like "What are you doing...?". He knows I am up to something. I need a more subtle way.
Reply 14
Try pinching. Or offering him sweets every time he says "boys"...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SonicTheHedgehog
Yes! I'll be as subtle as a subtle person.

Can't go wrong there!
Original post by Jina
Try pinching. Or offering him sweets every time he says "boys"...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are a genius. I'll try both of those methods, thanks.
Reply 17
It's fine! Let me know if it's a success. I plan on doing similar things to my friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by SonicTheHedgehog
You all are so unhelpful. Clearly, each individual is born bisexual but with preference. Thus, I simply would like to know of ways to change his preference. I believe if I can do what Watson and Raynar did and hit a steel bar everytime he comes near a girl, he will develop a phobia of girls. However, that is so unfeasable. So I would like to know of a more realistic way.

If it were that easy to change sexuality, then hundreds of gay people made to despise themselves and truly believe it was wrong would have. Many have tried, and failed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2004/apr/03/weekend.deccaaitkenhead
Original post by Jina
It's fine! Let me know if it's a success. I plan on doing similar things to my friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do! Although it will take a long time.

Original post by Ribbits
If it were that easy to change sexuality, then hundreds of gay people made to despise themselves and truly believe it was wrong would have. Many have tried, and failed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2004/apr/03/weekend.deccaaitkenhead

That's because they consciously wanted to change. My method involves working with the sub-conscious mind. He won't know what happened to him before he suddenly starts feeling attracted to boys.

Change in sexuality is very much restricted by the society. Just look at different genders: if girls get drunk and kiss each other - no one cares, everything is fine. But if boys do the same, it's the latest gossip and they are labelled as "homo", "faggot" etc.

Hmm. That gives me an idea. Maybe I can get him drunk....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending