The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Early childhood studies/teaching courses students for 2013???

It's close to deciding on universities so wonder if anyone has their choices set on hallam for early childhood studies or any teaching courses? I still have to decide but hallam is pretty much my ideal choice for early childhood studies. Also are people living at home/commuting or living in halls? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

i've applied for Childhood studies at Sheffield Hallam, and cannot find anyone doing it?! i'm unsure whether they do early childhood with childhood or seperately!? im hoping to live in halls at the forge :smile: what about you?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by JennyLawless
i've applied for Childhood studies at Sheffield Hallam, and cannot find anyone doing it?! i'm unsure whether they do early childhood with childhood or seperately!? im hoping to live in halls at the forge :smile: what about you?

Hey Jomg same I can’t find anyone doing my course haha! Are you making hallam yourfirst choice? And hmm I know there are two separate degrees but I am sure inthe first year some modules over-lap so both courses will be learning the samethings J Ilive in Sheffield so I will be staying at home (just to save money :tongue:)
Yeah it's my first choice :smile: haha hope there is other people may be a lonely course !! Ahh that makes sense! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Ah right :smile: I think i'm going there just not fully sure but I did exams last year so as soon as I decide that's it which is scary haha, I'm sure it will be a full course :/ just not heard many people doing it.
I have accepted sheffield hallam as my first choice to study early childhood studies :smile: so you are not the only lonely one haha :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by katiesmith.
I have accepted sheffield hallam as my first choice to study early childhood studies :smile: so you are not the only lonely one haha :smile:

oh yay! haha finally someone else hehe. Are you gonna be living on site or commuting?
Original post by Clairee1
oh yay! haha finally someone else hehe. Are you gonna be living on site or commuting?

haha :smile: i am living in halls :smile: have applied for victoria halls and trigon, what about you?
Reply 8
Original post by katiesmith.
haha :smile: i am living in halls :smile: have applied for victoria halls and trigon, what about you?

Ah right :smile: Nopes I live in sheffield so just gonna be catching public transport :smile:getting excited to start now :biggrin:
Reply 9
Hey, I have also accepted Sheffield Hallam as my first choice for early childhood studies! :smile: so glad to not be the only one haha
Ah I went to the course open day for childhood and early childhood studies and there were a lot of people there!! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AliceTobin
Hey, I have also accepted Sheffield Hallam as my first choice for early childhood studies! :smile: so glad to not be the only one haha

Where are you staying? Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by JennyLawless
Ah I went to the course open day for childhood and early childhood studies and there were a lot of people there!! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you go to the one today? I was there too! I have no idea, so stuck on where to pick! but I'm thinking maybe Victoria halls and liberty works, what about you? Is Sheffield your first choice? Xxx
Haha were you?! Yeah I was in group 20! That's so funny haha, I've applied to the forge and the trigon :smile: went to look round the forge today and loved it looks so good!! Yeah it's my firm choice what about you? Xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
No way! I was in group 19, hahaha it really is! Ooooo I've heard such good things about trigon, is that going to be your first choice of accommodation? I looked round liberty works today and it didn't look as nice as the pictures so having second thoughts but not too sure where else to pick! Aw yay, yeah it's my firm choice too! :smile: are you doing the early childhood studies? Xxxxx
Really!! So you were in the talk and everything! Haha so funny! I've picked the forge as my first and trigon as my second, I know someone at the forge already and they love it say all their friends are envious because it's so sociable and lively, and nooo childhood studies, but they do a lot together I think joint lectures/seminars so will probably see you in September hopefully!! :smile: xxxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Hahahaha this is so funny! Ooooooo really?! That sounds amazing! I really want to go to an accommodation with good social life etc, so difficult to know which ones are the good ones to go too! I think I'm going to have a looking properly tonight and pick :smile: yeah! It sounded like today we do alot of it together, especially the first year! yay hopefully see you then!! Xxxxx
Hahahaha this is so funny! Ooooooo really?! That sounds amazing! I really want to go to an accommodation with good social life etc, so difficult to know which ones are the good ones to go too! I think I'm going to have a looking properly tonight and pick :smile: yeah! It sounded like today we do alot of it together, especially the first year! yay hopefully see you then!! Xxxxx

i know it really is hahaha!! yeah come to the forge!!!! they'd probably put us together because we're basically doing the same course!! yeah it did hopefully it'll be good :smile: what do you want to do after it? and where are you from? xxxxx
Reply 18
I'm now looking into it and its lush!! I might actually apply here, hope I'm not too late or anything! How long ago did you apply?? Eeeeee that would be so much fun!! And then we would both know someone there too! I'm hoping to do primary ed, what about you? I'm from norwich, you may not of heard of it as its not very well known! Haha, where are you from? Is your offer an unconditional? Xxxxx
I'm now looking into it and its lush!! I might actually apply here, hope I'm not too late or anything! How long ago did you apply?? Eeeeee that would be so much fun!! And then we would both know someone there too! I'm hoping to do primary ed, what about you? I'm from norwich, you may not of heard of it as its not very well known! Haha, where are you from? Is your offer an unconditional? Xxxxx

i know it's so nice!! has a free gym too! about 2/3 weeks ago, i just applied for a single room it's £99 a week but everythings included like wifi and the gym! and the single rooms are in flats of 5 the man said :smile: i know it would be so exciting!!! yeah me too! wondering if childhood studies will change my mind, but hopefully not :smile: yeah i have heard of it just dunno where it is haha, im from chester in cheshire :smile: and nooo conditional, hopefully i'll get in! what about you? xxxxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending