The Student Room Group

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Oh, I don't find them that loud :s-smilie:, and even so, the sound doesn't bother me. Why be so embarrassed about being on your period anyway? They're completely normal and almost every woman has them :dontknow:

Original post by ily_em
Am I the only one who's not bothered? :dontknow: don't see why that's embarrassing since everyone else in the bathroom has periods too. I used to be embarrassed when I was in year 6 and I was the only girl with a period but not any more!

Believe me, if I knew why I found it embarrassing, I'd try to stop. But I don't. Maybe because girls in my high school were pretty immature. I sort of got used to being embarassed about it then, and it's sort of seeped in as something I need to worry about.

I get nervous about it sometimes in my on bloody house. :rolleyes:
Reply 81
Original post by Elcano
Hence the 'unspoken' rule of urinal usage... :wink:

Well well well. I have to say I'm certainly learning a lot from this thread. :biggrin:

I have never observed this rule.

Sure if empty ones there you take it, but if it's full people always come stand next to you...
Reply 82
Original post by danny111
I have never observed this rule.

Sure if empty ones there you take it, but if it's full people always come stand next to you...

Oh my god. You're one of 'them'.

It's not your fault, don't worry. It will be a genetic disorder so you never inherited the unwritten rules in your DNA.

That, or you're gay. Or French, same thing really.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by deathhead
This is true to the point where the reflex is virtually uncontrollable. If a girl has a low cut top the first thing we look at are the boobs. Usually we can pull it off without them realising... i think

From what I've heard we definitely can't.
When its hot and your ballsack sticks to your leg :frown:
Peeing in the sink, woman cant do that, and swallowing a vaginahair while sucking...
Original post by St. Brynjar
From what I've heard we definitely can't.

I was afraid of that..:redface:

Also it annoys me when girls don't seem to appreciate how bad getting kicked in the balls is. It can literally stop you having children. Vaginas are made to give birth, balls aren't designed to take being kicked and the pain can be enough to make a guy throw up instantly.
A lot of girls get pissed off when guys fall asleep after sex, but many of them don't realise that men are actually genetically wired to feel incredibly tired after sex. Guys, I totally understand.
Reply 88
Original post by scrotgrot
Personally I vote for getting hair stuck under your foreskin or even in your urethra. My girlfriend's head hairs are always getting in there and it's the worst because they're so long...

I really couldn't be a woman, all that endless worrying about what other people might think of you from make-up, clothes, what you eat to simply dealing with your period. It would drive me to drink

Right, I am going to introduce you to a concept, and maybe you'll curse me for it, maybe you'll wonder why it was brought into your life; I'm the hero you need, but not the one you want right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_tourniquet

Now you get your girlfriend to go to that hairdressers and get the hair cut off. Because she's playing Russian roulette with your junk man, and that aint cool.
Ed Byrne has mentioned this in the past, but... men really can be thinking of absolutely nothing / absolute twiddle.
So if you ever ask "What are you thinking about?" and get the standard "Ah, nothing really", chances are we're seriously just completely blank. Or considering how a dog whose back legs are on wheels could be used as a chariot in an elaborate scenario which involves recreating ancient Rome by dressing hamsters as centurions and putting them on the back.
Your mate sending you a picture of the toilet basin after he's banged a turd with the message 'smells so good'

Purposely cockblocking in retaliation to accidental cockblocking.

Theres loads more but id have to post anonymously.
We can get ready within 15 minutes with proper hygiene but for girls 'in a hurry' it still takes like an hour

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Original post by Holby_fanatic
This is true. They look at you like you're some sort of weirdo.

That's because society (mostly women) make men feel like perverts for watching it.
Original post by Bonzo10
That's because society (mostly women) make men feel like perverts for watching it.

Watch it all you want. Everyone has needs. :smile:
Reply 94
A lot of girls get pissed off when guys fall asleep after sex, but many of them don't realise that men are actually genetically wired to feel incredibly tired after sex. Guys, I totally understand.

Or it could have to do with the fact guys generally do most of the work :biggrin:
Original post by sabian92
Or it could have to do with the fact guys generally do most of the work :biggrin:

But after a session at the gym you don't feel so tired that you just want to sleep. You're right though, men do usually do most of the work.
Reply 96
Original post by deathhead
This is true to the point where the reflex is virtually uncontrollable. If a girl has a low cut top the first thing we look at are the boobs. Usually we can pull it off without them realising... i think

No you can't. Ever.

We know when a guy is checking us out. We know when a guy has 'subtly' groped us in a club. We know when a guy fancies us, it's not rocket science to work out.

Also re the getting ready thing. I don't think guys appreciate how long it takes for hair to dry. Men can have a shower and go out within 20 minutes. Even if their hair hasn't yet dried it will do quickly and will look exactly the same. Left to dry on it own my hair takes a minimum of 3 hours and will always look lanky and straight, bleh. And also, don't whine about it because we all know you'd rather have a women who takes pride in her appearance than one who doesn't.
Reply 97
But after a session at the gym you don't feel so tired that you just want to sleep. You're right though, men do usually do most of the work.

I do :redface: But I suffer from dyspraxia which makes me constantly knackered, even when I've just woken up. I can't remember the last time I wasn't tired.

Either way, I fall asleep after the act, much to the dismay of my fiancee :awesome: In all fairness I fall asleep watching TV so it should be expected :biggrin:
Original post by sabian92
I do :redface: But I suffer from dyspraxia which makes me constantly knackered, even when I've just woken up. I can't remember the last time I wasn't tired.

Either way, I fall asleep after the act, much to the dismay of my fiancee :awesome: In all fairness I fall asleep watching TV so it should be expected :biggrin:

Aww congratulations on your engagement! :biggrin: (This could have happened ages ago but I wanted to congratulate you anyway)

Sometimes particularly active sex can take it out of you. It's cool. I'm sure she doesn't mind you falling asleep.
Reply 99
Aww congratulations on your engagement! :biggrin: (This could have happened ages ago but I wanted to congratulate you anyway)

Sometimes particularly active sex can take it out of you. It's cool. I'm sure she doesn't mind you falling asleep.

November 2011 but thank you anyway :biggrin:

Even if she does, I'm asleep anyway :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest