The Student Room Group

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
I actually think part of the reason guys tend to have more hobbies than girls (does seem to be the case with popular girls) is the whole idea of isolation.
Guys are generally more likely to be lonely and more isolated at a younger age than girls are for these hobbies to develop. Popular girls for example are popular and tends to be because of their looks, with guys especially.

I know a few girls who have proper hobbies, i.e drawing, photography, etc etc but they all were more isolated and away from people at a young age.

Is there any correlation?
Newton's Fourth Law of Motion:

No matter how hard you shake it the last drop always goes down the trouser leg.
Original post by pinkangelgirl
dont know if guys know this or not, but girls dont just go to the toilets together on nights out, they go IN the toilets together.

Then when your waiting in line and the cubicle door opens, you see a long line of girls walk out and wonder how they all fitted in at once.

That can't be too fun...

Not for you anyway.
Reply 163
Original post by Good bloke
Newton's Fourth Law of Motion:

No matter how hard you shake it the last drop always goes down the trouser leg.

Havent guys heard of a thing called toilet paper? Seriously do all guys just shake?
Original post by Lexi99
Havent guys heard of a thing called toilet paper? Seriously do all guys just shake?

personally i just wap it in the dyson hand dryers.
Reply 165
Some assorted ones:

- How to tie a tie
- What colour classic British Racing Green is
- How to smoke a cigar
- How to describe a person's appearance without excessive reference to their clothing
I'm not sure if this also applies to boys.

But you can't poo or fart in the girls toilets. If you really have to, it's basically a secret mission to muffle the noise and hide the smell.
Otherwise, you face dirty looks as you come out of the cubicle...
I accidentally farted in the toilets once when I was younger and I was the only person in a cubicle.. *sighs* :colondollar:
Original post by beccagood95

But you can't poo or fart in the girls toilets. If you really have to, it's basically a secret mission to muffle the noise and hide the smell.
I accidentally farted in the toilets once when I was younger and I was the only person in a cubicle.. *sighs* :colondollar:

Wow. Unlucky though :rofl:

One thing I give girls credit for is muffling farts brilliantly. It's more of a struggle for us.
Reply 168
Whilst on a course once I had a dude start talking to me in the urinals... while we were both weeing.

That's just not cool guys.
Original post by Peaches & Cream
How many people have you heard of that have died from being kicked in the balls? Now compare that to the number of women that have died in childbirth. :rolleyes:

Kicking in the balls actually can result in people dying, it can cause ruptured blood vessels, internal bleeding etc as there are major arteries present in the groin area. It would just have to be one hell of a hit to be life-threatening. Not only that but here's the real juicy bit, the pain waves emanating from testicular nerves can be so severe if the hit is well placed and hard enough, they can cause an overload, put the man's brain into shock and kill him.

And the number of people dying from it has no bearing on how painful it is. Whoever heard of dying from a pin-prick to the eye? Yet it can cause blindness and is totally excruciating because the eye is so vulnerable and has so many nerve endings. It's not as if the rest of the body would die without a second eye is it?

I just dropped a logic bomb on your feminist high-horse.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Rybee
I'd say for men it has to be the unwritten rule of who uses what urinal in the toilets.

A very quick explanation of urinal etiquette:

If somebody is using a urinal on the left (person 1), you must use the urinal that is the furthest away on the right (person 2). The next person should then use the middle urinal (person 3).

If a fourth person comes in and wants to go to the 2nd urinal in between urinals 1 and 3 (occupied by person 1 and 3) then they must resort to using cubicle, without making it obvious they they never intended to use the cubicle. They must make it quite clear to all men in the toilet, that they wished to use the cubicle from the moment they stepped in the toilet. However, if the cubicle is not free then they must wait for either person 1,2 or 3 to shake out and step down and take their place. NOT another one such as urinal 2 or 4, as this will be directly next to person 1, 2 or 3. If they were to do this, then when person 5 walks in, they will not be able to use urinal 3 or 4, since they will be peeing directly next to the person in urinals 2 or 5.

Or, they must wait for the cubicle to become free.

You must also look at the wall directly in front of you, as if you're examining it for cracks. You must only look down when you've stopped urinating and have progressed onto the shake. Too much shaking is forbidden, that's a sign of masturbation.

Although peeking is not strictly forbidden, it is definitely forbidden to get caught peeking. Us males have to 'size up' the competition so peeking will always happen. Even if you think that you did not get peeking at somebody who is very well endowed, he WILL know that you've peeked. When you walk past, you'll give each other 'the nod'. This is his way of saying 'look mate, I know you peeked - you know what I'm packing, so let's mention no more on this topic'.

Alternatively, you can walk out and say to your mates 'oh my god I was standing at the urinals and this dude just came in and peed right next to me, he had the smallest knob too, he was pretty much peeing in my urinal, I didn't peek but he was just so close. Look, that's him there' (then point to the guy) This puts you at a higher level in status of being an Alpha Male, but you do risk being confronted about making these claims.

I wish I could add to your already 40 rep on this post but I'm all out!
This is brilliant! :'D
Original post by beccagood95

I've never noticed this before? In my experience, nobody cares what you do in the loo. You're only fair game when you don't flush.:mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheldor
I've never noticed this before? In my experience, nobody cares what you do in the loo. You're only fair game when you don't flush.:mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen it happen many times in my area. One time I was doing my make-up and there was a group of girls, and then one goes "It smells REALLY bad in here" and was just staring at a cubicle and stared at the girl as she came out. It's so cruel. :frown:
But yeah, those that don't give a courtesy flush... :mad:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 173
That all girls on the internet are really guys.
On the subject of male toilet etiquette...

[video="youtube;o9sXBlIMQrA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9sXBlIMQrA[/video]

Poor lads must have been so embarassed :tongue:
Reply 175
Original post by Ezekiella
On the subject of male toilet etiquette...

Poor lads must have been so embarassed :tongue:

Ha! Last guy was quality... You can read his mind

"ITS A TRAP... ABORT ABORT ABORT!"
Original post by Holby_fanatic
PMS does exist.

I'm sure that the majority of the opposite gender know that PMs do exist.
Original post by Amanbabbar./
I'm sure that the majority of the opposite gender know that PMs do exist.

All of my male friends refuse to believe it's real...

:lol: really?
How strange. :')

Stop raging at them! Us lads probably don't deserve it :cry2:

Quick Reply

Latest