The Student Room Group

Series of mysterious cuts on my head

Once every few days, I'll discover a new scab on my head, underneath my hair... :s-smilie:

I have no idea how I get these cuts. I don't particularly scratch my head so doubt I'm causing them myself. I don't recall hitting my head against things that frequently. I don't think they feel like insect bites. And yet, they keep on appearing.

One patch was feeling a bit sore about half an hour ago, went to rub it ... and lo, a huge scabbed over cut! It's not uncommon for me to break them open whilst brushing my hair. :frown:

I just don't understand where they're coming from. Any ideas?
Perhaps you have caught headlice from somewhere, get a nitcomb and check through
Reply 2
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
Perhaps you have caught headlice from somewhere, get a nitcomb and check through

No, although that has been one of my thoughts in the past. Got it thoroughly checked, no sign of any louse infection.

It's not generally itchy. The large ones can be sore, but generally I don't realise unless I happen across them somehow...
(edited 11 years ago)
It might be a skin condition, I get psoriasis-like patches on my scalp which often look like massive scabs. I think a lot of the damage happens when I claw at my own head in my sleep. I use polytar to deal with the scalp - give it a go, although I might warn you it stinks.
Reply 4
are you sure you're not scratching during the night? a while back i had a really bad dry scalp which was tremendously itchy, and i'd scratch during the night and end up with scabs and blood under my nails in the morning :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by laurie:)
are you sure you're not scratching during the night? a while back i had a really bad dry scalp which was tremendously itchy, and i'd scratch during the night and end up with scabs and blood under my nails in the morning :frown:

I could be wrong, but I would have thought that would hurt? It doesn't generally hurt, only very large ones sometimes feel sore...
Reply 6
Original post by Flotographer
I could be wrong, but I would have thought that would hurt? It doesn't generally hurt, only very large ones sometimes feel sore...

never really hurt that much for me :shrugs: it just itched and felt uncomfortable

if you're really concerned about it, speak to your gp.
There's a killer on the loose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending