The Student Room Group

Usual to have second thoughts????

Results day tomorrow (ahhhh!) and I'm starting to have doubts about if I want to go to my firm choice of Warwick (offer of AAA but told acceptance on AAB) to do psychology

I loved the department and the feel of the uni as I felt at home there but I am doubting whether to go there (grades permitting) as clearing is being offered at BBB

Something at the back of my mind is now saying not to go even though its WARWICK!!

Just need some reassurance really that it is still a great place to go :frown:
Original post by Bexi_bex_10
Results day tomorrow (ahhhh!) and I'm starting to have doubts about if I want to go to my firm choice of Warwick (offer of AAA but told acceptance on AAB) to do psychology

I loved the department and the feel of the uni as I felt at home there but I am doubting whether to go there (grades permitting) as clearing is being offered at BBB

Something at the back of my mind is now saying not to go even though its WARWICK!!

Warwick is a great choice. It's definitely on my list when I apply. If you loved the uni, then you shouldn't worry. I'm sure it's natural to be getting cold feet. Is your only concern the BBB grade they are offering in clearing?
Reply 2
If you're having second thoughts simply because your course is in clearing at BBB then you're an idiot.
Original post by jackf1337
If you're having second thoughts simply because your course is in clearing at BBB then you're an idiot.

Harshly expressed, but essentially correct...
Reply 4
Course requirements do not always respond with the quality of the course. Don't get second feet just because your course is going into clearing at BBB.
Reply 5
I'm in a similar sort of situation - but about my insurance place at Sussex.
I'm absolutely praying I get into my firm choice, but I'm really scared of missing the grades because I don't think I want to go to Sussex. It's such a great course there, but the rest of the uni didn't have much of an effect on me .. Would it be really stupid of me to put myself into clearing to go somewhere else? For example, I found Leicester has a really similar course to the one at Sussex .. Should I jump ship or am I just nervous?!
Reply 6
I think it's perfectly normal to have second thoughts. I panicked over my insurance choice before I got my results (SQA) because I was almost sure I won't make it in my firm. Im sure it's just the nerves before you get your results. You'll probably feel much better after you get them :wink:
Reply 7
Out of interest - did you make it into your firm choice in the end?

.. If I don't get into my firm, and still aren't sure about Sussex, do you think I would be stupid to reject the insurance?
Reply 8
Original post by lepley
Out of interest - did you make it into your firm choice in the end?

.. If I don't get into my firm, and still aren't sure about Sussex, do you think I would be stupid to reject the insurance?

I'm assuming you are asking me?
Yes, I made it into my firm.
I don't even know whether you can reject your insurance choice in the first place. but if you can, you gotta weigh the pros and cons. If it's the university you are worried about, eg. location then try your best to find out more about it before you make up your mind. Visit it if you haven't done already. If it's the course you want to change, consider clearing/adjustment?
Reply 9
Yes I was, sorry!
I've investigated that, apparently I'd just need to get in contact with my insurance and explain why I've changed my mind, and they should be happy to release me into clearing.
Thanks for your help - I think with extra research I'll be able to make up my mind, if my results don't answer my worries for me!

It is perfectly usual to have second thoughts

Warwick is an excellent university - congratulations on your offer

You will see that all their courses in clearing say minimum BBB - that is because they do not want people with less than that calling not because they will necessarily accept BBB candidates
Reply 11
Deep down i know its a stupid thought so thanks everyone for the encouragement :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by lepley
I'm in a similar sort of situation - but about my insurance place at Sussex.
I'm absolutely praying I get into my firm choice, but I'm really scared of missing the grades because I don't think I want to go to Sussex. It's such a great course there, but the rest of the uni didn't have much of an effect on me .. Would it be really stupid of me to put myself into clearing to go somewhere else? For example, I found Leicester has a really similar course to the one at Sussex .. Should I jump ship or am I just nervous?!

I'm also having serious second thoughts about sussex as my insurance and am praying i get into my firm. Mainly because of the accommodation........ Really don't want to end up with a host family off campus
Reply 13
Don't worry, I had some second thoughts about Warwick a few weeks ago too! I think it's usual to be nervous, so I went around the campus again and convinced myself that it's the right place. I think once we get there we won't regret it :smile:
Deep down i know its a stupid thought so thanks everyone for the encouragement :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The situation varies from year to year. In 2012, I didn't see Psychology at Warwick in clearing (I might have missed it very early), but Liverpool was available at BBB. This year, those positions appear to be completely reversed with Liverpool having no Psychology vacancies and Warwick asking for BBB.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending