The Student Room Group

Need Advice

Hi guys, just got my results and managed to somehow get an A* in Maths A in Economics, B in Physics and B in Further Maths. I got accepted into City University and was wondering whether its worth calling up any unis such as LSE or UCL as I was predicted AABC.
Thanks
Give it a try, you've got nothing to lose by doing so ... but don't be surprised if the answer is no.
Reply 2
Original post by IrrationalDonkey
Hi guys, just got my results and managed to somehow get an A* in Maths A in Economics, B in Physics and B in Further Maths. I got accepted into City University and was wondering whether its worth calling up any unis such as LSE or UCL as I was predicted AABC.
Thanks

It's always worth giving it a shot, now that you've got a place a place confirmed at City (I assume) then you can think about Adjustment (basically a clearing for people who exceeded their offer but want to try to to something with higher grades.) Checkout both unis' clearing pages (if they have it) to see what grades they're looking for and the hotline number. Failing that, give a call to the department for the course you want to do.
Thanks for the help guys, sadly neither of them participate in Adjustment :s-smilie: but Im still satisfied with City
Thanks

What was your offer for City? If you've exceeded it (not just met it), you could apply to UCL etc via Adjustment. Then you'd be holding on to your City offer until you get a confirmed place elsewhere.

Bear in mind that you've presumably spent a long time picking out City as 'your' uni. Just because you have the grades to go elsewhere, that doesn't mean that elsewhere is necessarily more suited to you. Think carefully before accepting an Adjustment offer.

If you haven't exceeded your offer, you'd need to ask City to release you into Clearing to take up an offer elsewhere. Releasing you doesn't happen instantly, and UCL/LSE are probably unlikely to be considering Clearing applicants.
Thanks for the help guys, sadly neither of them participate in Adjustment :s-smilie: but Im still satisfied with City

Every year, you do get the odd example of someone who was successful with cold calling.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
What was your offer for City? If you've exceeded it (not just met it), you could apply to UCL etc via Adjustment. Then you'd be holding on to your City offer until you get a confirmed place elsewhere.

Bear in mind that you've presumably spent a long time picking out City as 'your' uni. Just because you have the grades to go elsewhere, that doesn't mean that elsewhere is necessarily more suited to you. Think carefully before accepting an Adjustment offer.

If you haven't exceeded your offer, you'd need to ask City to release you into Clearing to take up an offer elsewhere. Releasing you doesn't happen instantly, and UCL/LSE are probably unlikely to be considering Clearing applicants.

Hmm that's a fair point. City wanted AAA and I got A*AB so its kind of the same really..
Reply 7

Original post by TheSownRose
Every year, you do get the odd example of someone who was successful with cold calling.

Yep, it happens - give it a shot!
Hmm that's a fair point. City wanted AAA and I got A*AB so its kind of the same really..

That won't count for Adjustment, sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending