The Student Room Group

Is it worth a re-mark?

I got AAB at A2 and ABC overall. But I got 95 for my law exam (96 is an A). I also got 318/400 for an B at A level overall. 319 is an A. Should I get a re-mark on my unit 3? I had this situation last year and it feels horrible although I've been accepted to study law.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
If you've been accepted into your firm then there's not really that much point. There's also nothing worse than being remarked and being knocked down a few marks.
I wouldn't bother. Up to you though, of course.
Original post by und3niable_
I got AAB at A2 and ABC overall. But I got 95 for my law exam (96 is an A). I also got 318/400 for an B at A level overall. 319 is an A. Should I get a re-mark on my unit 3? I had this situation last year and it feels horrible although I've been accepted to study law.

If you've been accepted then there isn't really much point, you've got the place!
Reply 4
You've got in so congratulations :biggrin:. A remark isn't really necessary.
Reply 5
Is there any benefit to you to get remarked? Such as an academic scholarship from your University, could getting that extra boost allow you to go somewhere else via Adjustment or are you happy with what you have already?

if you're only a mark away, I'd go for the remark and hope for the best, but there is no guarantee you'll get the increase
Reply 6
I'm happy with my uni, but it'd be nice to say I got AAC instead of ABC. My offer was AAB. In OCR law, apparently the examiners are only allowed to positively mark but I'll have a good think about it. Thanks for responses!
Original post by und3niable_
I'm happy with my uni, but it'd be nice to say I got AAC instead of ABC. My offer was AAB. In OCR law, apparently the examiners are only allowed to positively mark but I'll have a good think about it. Thanks for responses!

You have 300 points so good enough for most grad schemes. The only reason it would be sensible to have a remark is if companies you wish to be employed by require more than 300 UCAS, or require a particular A-level grade that you haven't quite achieved.

Just thinking about the long game here :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by Hedgeman49
You have 300 points so good enough for most grad schemes. The only reason it would be sensible to have a remark is if companies you wish to be employed by require more than 300 UCAS, or require a particular A-level grade that you haven't quite achieved.

Just thinking about the long game here :wink:

Ahh right thank you, it's just so annoying to be so close to the edge. Two raw marks away at both AS and A2. Maybe it's just bad luck!
Original post by Bubble_10
If you've been accepted into your firm then there's not really that much point. There's also nothing worse than being remarked and being knocked down a few marks.

I agree I had a mate who got a B but wasn't happy with that went for 3 remarks got knocked down to an E eventually so really wasn't happy you got what you needed forget it your done uni now good times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending