The Student Room Group

I've Failed :(

For my AS levels I got
Biology: B
Chemistry: C ( four ums away from a b)
French: C
Maths: E!!!

as there are no jan exams anymore does this mean that it will be too late?
im thinking of retaking a chem module to get atleast a b,
i wanted to do chemistry at uni but im worried i wont get a place anywhere.
also will the grades on my ucas application be these or my teachers' predictions?

Help!
Original post by Tracy Swissroll
For my AS levels I got

also will the grades on my ucas application be these or my teachers' predictions?

Help!

They will both be on your application. I am sure you will find somewhere to apply to. It depends what your predictions are.
For my AS levels I got

Help!

You haven't failed your results will be considered by plenty of universitys, but what university were you looking at and what were the entry requirements for this university? You could retake your chemistry to ensure you are getting a solid B grade to take into A2 or you could just do a remark and hope that it goes to a B but this is a bit more risky. As for your last question I don't know because I only just got my AS results yesterday like yourself.
Original post by RSmith1007
You haven't failed your results will be considered by plenty of universitys, but what university were you looking at and what were the entry requirements for this university? You could retake your chemistry to ensure you are getting a solid B grade to take into A2 or you could just do a remark and hope that it goes to a B but this is a bit more risky. As for your last question I don't know because I only just got my AS results yesterday like yourself.

Both will be there.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Both will be there.

Ok, sorry I didn't see your previous post until i had already posted :colondollar:
Ok, sorry I didn't see your previous post until i had already posted :colondollar:

Happens all the time.
You could retake your chemistry to ensure you are getting a solid B grade

would retakes affect the offer given?
also i'm doing the epq so would that boost my chances?

x:beard:
First off, you haven't failed, in fact I would be pleased with those results. For my AS levels I got B (RS), C (English Lit) and D (History) and my chosen subject was History!

However I worked really hard and applied to Universities with entrance marks up to 300, and I got accepted by all of them, even though they knew what I got in my History exam. They don't just look at your exam results but you as a student, personal statement, predicted grades, interview performance and teachers comments. So don't give up hope.

I always though AS was the hardest year, harder than A2, mainly because your still fresh out of GCSE and the pressures of your future. The school and universities understand that and can be lenient.

Both your AS exam results and your predicted grades are on your application.

For your chemistry paper ask for it back before retaking, that way you can learn from your mistakes.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 8
Don't panic you will be fine :smile: For my AS levels I got ABCD and for A2 I got AAA because of re-sits, and I've just graduated from The Uni of Sheffield with a 2.1. You will be fine. If you write a good personal statement you will be considered by lots of good universities. Also, universities are always keen to get more people interested in and studying science so I'm sure you will be fine. I know someone who studied physics with BBD at Sheffield and now they are working for Rolls Royce on their nuclear project!

For my AS levels I got

Help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending