The Student Room Group

What course to study at university! Help?!!

Hey! I got my AS results yesterday and they were far lower than I had expected :| I got BBCD in maths, chem, economics and physics.(Was predicted all A's) I am remarking most of them. I'm not sure what kind of career I should go into with those subjects and results. Was thinking engineering before I got my grades but not so sure anymore :|
also is it still possible for me to even consider applying to any Russell group universities with those grades? Advice please.....
Reply 1
Definitely apply to RGs if you are committed to getting your grades up. Talk to your teachers & secure great predictions. All you have to do is follow through and get the grades!
Don't give up on engineering. It's definitely possible to pull your grades up.

Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Which alevel do you advise I drop if I consider to still peruse an engineering career? (Thinking more chemical or civil engineer)
I'd say drop Economics.
Reply 4
Original post by Sabrina09
Which alevel do you advise I drop if I consider to still peruse an engineering career? (Thinking more chemical or civil engineer)

A friend of mine who graduated from bath in engineering ( I think civil but really not sure!!) did Economics, maths, further maths and I think chemistry.

Pretty sure she dropped physics after AS. I would advise going on the website did Uni's you want to apply to/do the course you want & find out if they have any subject requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by PotterLaw
A friend of mine who graduated from bath in engineering ( I think civil but really not sure!!) did Economics, maths, further maths and I think chemistry.

Pretty sure she dropped physics after AS. I would advise going on the website did Uni's you want to apply to/do the course you want & find out if they have any subject requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okays thank you! Will check out Uni websites! :smile:
Hey! first of all do not worry about this too much as the jump from GCSE to A-level is massive! well done for your two B's :smile: and just retake some of as modules in june but do not make the work load that hard for yourself. There are so many careers that you could go into with such a diverse subject choice! you could go into accounting, engineering, civil enginering, chemical engineering, economics or even joint honours like economics with maths etc. There are loads of oppertunities !! I got roughly the same grades as you for AS and i applied to 3/5 russel group uni's and got the three offers! from queen mary's, southampton and nottingham! Uni's take into account GCSE's, personal statements and references and they will see that you have taken hard a-level choices. Also remember to be happy with the university course you want to do (clearing has been a nightmare for me this year and i'm taking a gap year). goodluck !! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by londongirl479
Hey! first of all do not worry about this too much as the jump from GCSE to A-level is massive! well done for your two B's :smile: and just retake some of as modules in june but do not make the work load that hard for yourself. There are so many careers that you could go into with such a diverse subject choice! you could go into accounting, engineering, civil enginering, chemical engineering, economics or even joint honours like economics with maths etc. There are loads of oppertunities !! I got roughly the same grades as you for AS and i applied to 3/5 russel group uni's and got the three offers! from queen mary's, southampton and nottingham! Uni's take into account GCSE's, personal statements and references and they will see that you have taken hard a-level choices. Also remember to be happy with the university course you want to do (clearing has been a nightmare for me this year and i'm taking a gap year). goodluck !! :smile:

Yes I agree I did not realise how big the jump was until now :| I'm sorry to hear you went through clearing. What course were you planning on studying at uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending