The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Iceman5363
Do you mean eating the banana?

:biggrin: just realised what that could be misconstrued as.

Yes, eating the banana.
Ibuprofen does not work for me. My period pains are agony and have me doubled over.

I find lying in the foetal position and breathing deep helps. Also hot water bottle generally works. And eating more protein closer to the date of my period tends to help me.

And also, people staying the hell away from me and not pissing me off :rolleyes:
Original post by Robbie242
feel sorry for you women at these times at least there are some things in the world that can help reduce/prevent the pain. But dayum how glad I am to be male right now

inb4 stop being a dick

At least you actually acknowledge it. A lot of guys I know say stuff like "suck it up" or "can't be that bad". Pees me off. Yes, periods are manageable but they are really damn painful for some women.
Reply 83
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
At least you actually acknowledge it. A lot of guys I know say stuff like "suck it up" or "can't be that bad". Pees me off. Yes, periods are manageable but they are really damn painful for some women.

I've heard this as well and seen quite a bit of ignorance and stupidity on facebook as well. Exactly the period pains vary from women to women, and from what I hear screaming for hours or being in bed for an extended period (mind the pun :lol: ) of time can be quite painful
Reply 84
Paracetamol and a hot water bottle

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't suffer from stomach cramps but I do get really bad back pain! It's so uncomfortable. I would recommend Feminax it's brilliant, it's especially for period pain and it works really fast! As you mentioned the hot water bottle I'd also recommend the cura-heat pads especially for period pain. They're cushioned heat pads you stick to your underwear (either side depending where the pain is) and they stay warm for 12 hours. So you can go out with them on and feel comfortable. Hope this helps, it works for me :smile:!
Original post by kb5462
:biggrin: just realised what that could be misconstrued as.

Yes, eating the banana.

I'm just joking around :smile:
Original post by SaySaam
Ibuprofen is definitely the best painkiller. Not only does it take away some of the pain from the cramps, it also reduces the blood flow by up to 10%, which can only be a good thing :smile:

Also, a drink of hot squash like ribena is good. Especially with an awful chick flick to take your mind off it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it not paracetemol?! :lolwut:
Ahh see what you did there :cool:

What did she do?
Original post by im so academic
What did she do?

Ibruprofen is BLOODY amazing for period pains. I take one of those and sleep the pain away. My cramps are horrible on the first day
Ibruprofen is BLOODY amazing for period pains. I take one of those and sleep the pain away. My cramps are horrible on the first day

Do you know how to delay period pains? I.e. can you take something that delays them for a few days/weeks?
I don't get cramps but I do get really bad pains in the lower back :/! I take paracetamol! I have used feminax once before which is really good! I sometimes use my hot water bottle as well. I only get the pains on the first day, other than that I'm fine for the rest of the time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the first day of my period, I usually get really bad period pains. I always go to the bath and wait until the pain has gone. Tablets doesn't really help and I never use a water bottle. I always swear and say I'll never have children! It's forgotten after a few hours. Jeez being a girl sucks.
I always have a bottle of water on my desk, and when I'm on my period I go through about 2 litres of water day.
It means I have 2 days of heavy period, but the rest of the week it's hardly much at all and it reduces cramps too
Original post by im so academic
Do you know how to delay period pains? I.e. can you take something that delays them for a few days/weeks?

Sorry but no :frown:
Reply 95
I'm just joking around :smile:

I know, don't worry :tongue: made me chuckle.
Reply 96
Original post by Bethany96
I don't know whether you're supposed to but i tried 2 paracetamol and 1 ibuprofen and it eased the pain after about 20 minutes.Also try heat like hot drinks,water bottles and hot baths (etc).Sounds weird but try eating a banana, they have a lot of potassium in them and it also eases my pain. :-)

I used to do that (I posted it on another thread earlier actually) my doctor said it was ok to do.

@OP: Ive never had it myself but I know people who had really bad ones and going on the pill helped them. I also found that when I did more excercise (not whilst I was on but just in general) mine werent as bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't deal with it. I just lie in a corner, dying.

Seiously though, the knees to stomach thing helps. And take a paracetemol.

And if I an bring myself to get up then going for a jog or swimming helps me :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by gemmam
I used to do that (I posted it on another thread earlier actually) my doctor said it was ok to do.

@OP: Ive never had it myself but I know people who had really bad ones and going on the pill helped them. I also found that when I did more excercise (not whilst I was on but just in general) mine werent as bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really,that's good then! You see paracetamol on its own never seem strong enough. :-( Yes I've heard exercise does ease pain and I swear I need to try it out but whenever I'm actually on I just want to lay in bed all day eating a load of junk watching soppy films hahaha. I think I need to get my act together!
Mefenamic acid :colone:

Get it on prescription :smile:

Latest