The Student Room Group

Debenhams Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by NiallD
Thanks! Haha well I guess I got on well with my interviewer so that made things easier, I only had 4 people in my group so there wasn't really any point in doing the group activities so I guess that's why they scrapped them, best of luck with your assessment day! :smile:

4 People? That's like the perfect scenario! Where did you apply? And Thank you :smile:
Reply 581
Original post by MLogan
Oh okay, Thanks for that! Got any tips for my assesment day which is tomorrow like potential questions...

Any help is appreciated! Thanks a lot :smile:

I would just say don't worry too much. I was very nervous at the start, but once you realise how relaxed it is, it's absolutely fine.

They did a short quiz on Debenhams history etc and one question nobody knew the answer to was 'which celebrity is the voiceover for the debenhams ads", and the answer was Billie Piper. They said the quiz wasn't that important though they just wanted to see what we might know.
Reply 582
Original post by MLogan
4 People? That's like the perfect scenario! Where did you apply? And Thank you :smile:

The Cambridge store, which is one of the smaller ones I think. Where did you apply?
Bit annoyed still haven't had my phonecall for the interviewer person when she said she would ring me on Wednesday!!! Phoned up twice and each time they just keep saying we'll phone you back
Reply 584
Original post by NiallD
The Cambridge store, which is one of the smaller ones I think. Where did you apply?

Applied to ilford store and there was 15 of us i think. The group part was actually really good and everyone was really friendly! But then came to 1 to 1 interview and they literally asked me nothing at all :| So I think they already made up there mind i wasn't a worth candidate :frown: Start applying for more jobs now ! How did yours go? Get the job?
Reply 585
Had my telephone interview today, only lasted 5 miniutes :P
Reply 586
Hiya, applying for one of the restaurant assistant Christmas temp jobs, just wondering, how much did you guys write in the boxes for all the questions about 'your qualities' and stuff? Obviously I don't want to write too little but I think writing a mini essay is going over board :wink: thanks :biggrin:
Reply 587
Original post by Aspen_x
Hiya, applying for one of the restaurant assistant Christmas temp jobs, just wondering, how much did you guys write in the boxes for all the questions about 'your qualities' and stuff? Obviously I don't want to write too little but I think writing a mini essay is going over board :wink: thanks :biggrin:

I wrote about 3/4 sentences for each. You don't need to write loads. Good luck :smile:
Hiya, I was wanting to do my Work Experience (Yr 10) over at Debenhams. What exactly would they make me do if I chose to do it there?
Original post by Carrot_Cake
Hiya, I was wanting to do my Work Experience (Yr 10) over at Debenhams. What exactly would they make me do if I chose to do it there?

You'd probably be tidying up most of the time, you won't be on the till because that requires training and your own employee number to log in unless you're asked to help bag up purchases if it's really busy. You might also be asked to guard the fitting rooms where you will check how many items each customer has, make a note of it on the board and put any unwanted items on the rail to be put back out.
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
You'd probably be tidying up most of the time, you won't be on the till because that requires training and your own employee number to log in unless you're asked to help bag up purchases if it's really busy. You might also be asked to guard the fitting rooms where you will check how many items each customer has, make a note of it on the board and put any unwanted items on the rail to be put back out.

Ommg is that it? Also did you do your yr10 work experience there?
Original post by Carrot_Cake
Ommg is that it? Also did you do your yr10 work experience there?

No I used to work there, we used to get a couple of work experience people come in and they were mainly assigned tidying up tasks, putting stock from the fitting room rails back out, answering customer queries etc. There's not much else you can do since you're only there a week and the tills require a full day of training and an employee number to access unfortunately!
I applied to for a temporary Christmas job at Debenhams and I was wondering how long should I wait for to hear from them for an interview? ><
Original post by shaysonic
I applied to for a temporary Christmas job at Debenhams and I was wondering how long should I wait for to hear from them for an interview? ><

I've applied for a temporary Christmas position too, I got a phone call about two days after I applied and had the telephone interview, went to the group interview and they said they would contact everyone within 10 days to let you know if you're successful or not. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long. How long ago did you apply?
Original post by jeweliette
I've applied for a temporary Christmas position too, I got a phone call about two days after I applied and had the telephone interview, went to the group interview and they said they would contact everyone within 10 days to let you know if you're successful or not. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long. How long ago did you apply?

I applied on the 26th, so I applied around 3 days ago? Still haven't received a call, so I guess I'll keep looking at other job vacancies for now.
Reply 595
Does anyone know how long after the group interview it takes to get a call back about being successful? So far I've been waiting four days..
Reply 596
It's a maximum of 10 days, you should hear either way as well
Reply 597
Original post by joefish15

Thanks :smile: Do you know if those ten days are just working days or weekends?
Reply 598
Original post by joefish15

They say 10 days, but it took me about 25 days to find out they gave me a job - and that was through me phoning the recruitment service!
Original post by qwop1
Does anyone know how long after the group interview it takes to get a call back about being successful? So far I've been waiting four days..

I had my interview on Friday (27th September) and found out today that I got the job! :biggrin: I guess it depends, with someone saying 25 days but mine only took 5 days, so presumably it includes weekends O.O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending