The Student Room Group

Meeting new people in London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
It was fun, people turned up and we went to the Science museum and then had crepes and ice cream after. A relaxing but fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon. We have decided to plan another two weeks from now on Sunday 15th September. Let me know if you're interested :-).

Sounds good, I'll come along.
It was fun, people turned up and we went to the Science museum and then had crepes and ice cream after. A relaxing but fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon. We have decided to plan another two weeks from now on Sunday 15th September. Let me know if you're interested :-).

Hi, I'm interested in the meetup. I was really disappointed to miss today but am glad there's another one :smile:
Reply 142
Does anyone have any suggestions for websites and things aimed at meeting people? Most of the ones I've seen arrange huge meet ups and although I'm not too shy, I do get a bit intimidated by large numbers of people.

the website meetup.com is brilliant. I recently went to a couple of meetups organised by a group of Indie music enthusiasts, and believe it or not, it ended up just being a nice chat, with about 10 of us in a pub. I was the youngest one there, and the only one who hadn't graduated, so I couldn't really relate to most people (apart from the shared taste in music), but having read about your situation, I think it may be worth checking out, as you may find others with similar interests, and in similar situations as you.
Reply 143
I'm in :smile: The last one was pretty nice :smile:

Hi, this sounds like a good idea to me. I've been in London almost a year too and feel the same way a lot of others do! Is the meetup tomorrow still happening? :smile:
Hey, I've just started an internship in London but I don't know anybody. Would be great to meet new people! :smile: Do you think you'll have another meet up at some point?
Original post by josephperkins92
Hey, I've just started an internship in London but I don't know anybody. Would be great to meet new people! :smile: Do you think you'll have another meet up at some point?

I've applied to study/work for 2013 in USA :smile:
I've applied to study/work for 2013 in USA :smile:

That sounds great, have an amazing time! :smile: Any ideas about how to meet people in London? Or anybody else on here who wants to arrange a group to meet up?
That sounds great, have an amazing time! :smile: Any ideas about how to meet people in London? Or anybody else on here who wants to arrange a group to meet up?

No, lol I gaveup in my town in London, it depends where you are, should otherwise be easy :tongue:. Just have colleagues/ professional contacts to go to bar with. I work at an incestuous workplace where everyone sleeps around, how I'd imagine living out at uni would be like. Hopefully I get in to go abroad, can't stay here any longer :smile:
Reply 149
Belle, i am new in london, I am french and 20, me too i would like meet new people in london. I work at startford. If somme body is in the same situation l'aube we could meet us.
Reply 150
Im new to london too :smile:
Reply 151
Hi guys, I am new to London too ! I kinda feel lonely right now... I start my course at LCF but didn't make friends yet. So if anyone here want to hang out, pm me :smile: Also, I'm 23 !
Original post by Ophelie.d
Belle, i am new in london, I am french and 20, me too i would like meet new people in london. I work at startford. If somme body is in the same situation l'aube we could meet us.

Original post by silvia748
Im new to london too :smile:

Original post by vivvvv
Hi guys, I am new to London too ! I kinda feel lonely right now... I start my course at LCF but didn't make friends yet. So if anyone here want to hang out, pm me :smile: Also, I'm 23 !

Maybe we should arrange a meet up some time? Would need to be evenings for me as I'm in work till 5... Where's everyone living? I'm in Kensal Town, just North of Notting Hill but I work near Trafalgar Square :smile:
Reply 153
I live in stockwell, studying masters in business administration atm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 154
Maybe we should arrange a meet up some time? Would need to be evenings for me as I'm in work till 5... Where's everyone living? I'm in Kensal Town, just North of Notting Hill but I work near Trafalgar Square :smile:

Hi, it is q good idea, I am in Ealling next the Hanger lane station, but in this moment I work to Stratfort till 5:30. So we would meet us a evening to drink something together. Where do you come from?, me I am French
:s-smilie: Hmm, didn't notice people live near me. I'm in NW London
Reply 156
Im living in east london, new postgraduate here. I'd be up for a meet up if there is still one happening
Reply 157
Hiya!

I would love to meet up with some people. I'm based in east (well almost central) London at the moment too
Reply 158
I live in the east too !
How about we get a group together this weekend if people are free? :smile: Could just go for drinks one evening? If you're interested just quote this or post on here and then once we've got a few people we can sort out a time and a place :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending