The Student Room Group

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XX

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucine.B
Hey! No worries jaha it's fine :smile:
Haha I really did! 'twas quite fun :biggrin: played many a dirty drinking game LOOOL it was a hoot an half just fun really :smile:
Cool, haha I feel fine!!! So weird but I drink twice as much as my friends and thy end up with a hangover I was good just felt like the tipsy feeling didn't go away an when I'm tipsy...I'm extremely flirtatious which doesn't help I'd you're on public transport in the middle of the afternoon but luckily...nothing happened :h:

Sounds like my kinda night out. Shame no one has time to do something now that Uni has begun :frown:
Reply 621
Original post by incipientT

'The amount of times you've used it'?

Mine's early 2006 and I use it constantly :tongue:

Well obviously yours loves you more than mine loves me :lol:

Then again, I do an MP3 from around 2006 or so and it still works fine (I use my iPod a heck of a lot more mind).
Reply 622
Random but funny:

[video="youtube;7Utcy2EaOaI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Utcy2EaOaI[/video]
Original post by Antonia.Wade
Hello we haven't met yet, welcome!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! How are you? :smile:

Original post by james1211
Cycling (both touring and mountain biking), tennis, badminton.

Sounds cool :smile: I love cycling but have gone for a while, mainly just play footy :smile:
Original post by DashingHero
Hey! How are you? :smile:

Sounds cool :smile: I love cycling but have gone for a while, mainly just play footy :smile:

Good thanks :smile: yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IDukem
Well obviously yours loves you more than mine loves me :lol:

Then again, I do an MP3 from around 2006 or so and it still works fine (I use my iPod a heck of a lot more mind).

Mine is going to get replaced pretty soon, hope that doesn't' hurt it's feelings too much :lol:
Reply 626
Mine is going to get replaced pretty soon, hope that doesn't' hurt it's feelings too much :lol:

I guess you're going for the toyboy of laptops now huh? :lol:
Reply 627

Well I normally do about 70km every saturday but my bikes out of service this weekend and it's a bit too wet lol.
Original post by DivinityA
From politics (I'm still fairly new to it having only really started my interest in the past year or so), I find stuff about foreign/international affairs interests me a lot. For example the recent debate on Syria intervention. I also take some interest in the politics of the USA and Japan.

As for history, I could honestly read anything, though my favourite areas are once again, military/international history. Right now I'm reading about the history of the USSR. But I also still have books to read on the French Revolution, Confederate States of America, Irish Troubles, Anti Sikh Riots of 1984.

And of course Japanese history :tongue:

So sorry, this has been sitting in drafts for ages!
There are some quite good quarterly magazines if you're interested in them :smile: same here! I mainly focus on disagreements such as the ones between Israel and Palestine, and India and Pakistan :smile: Syria was really interesting because it showed how Russia is regaining political leverage :smile: Ooo is there any particular reason why those two? For some reason I adore learning about North Korea, it's such a peculiar, horrific place :smile: Also global issues such as terrorism is interesting, I got work experience at JTIC which was amazing :biggrin:
Is this in the form of historical international conflicts? What's your favourite historical book? :smile: I did the French Rev for AS, so interesting :biggrin: I haven't heard of those riots, enlighten me? :smile:
Don't really know much about Japanese history unfortunately :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cba to revise anymore...American horror story time! :smile:
Good thanks :smile: yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm well :smile:

Original post by james1211
Well I normally do about 70km every saturday but my bikes out of service this weekend and it's a bit too wet lol.

Wow! The most I've done is I think like 30km :smile: And yeah it has been too wet and supposedly it's meant to start snowing in November :tongue:
Reply 631

Wow! The most I've done is I think like 30km :smile: And yeah it has been too wet and supposedly it's meant to start snowing in November :tongue:

Ah i cannot be bothered for snow :rolleyes: I hope it doesn't lol.
So sorry, this has been sitting in drafts for ages!
There are some quite good quarterly magazines if you're interested in them :smile: same here! I mainly focus on disagreements such as the ones between Israel and Palestine, and India and Pakistan :smile: Syria was really interesting because it showed how Russia is regaining political leverage :smile: Ooo is there any particular reason why those two? For some reason I adore learning about North Korea, it's such a peculiar, horrific place :smile: Also global issues such as terrorism is interesting, I got work experience at JTIC which was amazing :biggrin:
Is this in the form of historical international conflicts? What's your favourite historical book? :smile: I did the French Rev for AS, so interesting :biggrin: I haven't heard of those riots, enlighten me? :smile:
Don't really know much about Japanese history unfortunately :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

For USA, I think it's just hard not to take some interest in it if you like politics. Given how they affect the global outcome. As for Japan, I love all things Japanese so their history, culture, sports, news, politics is all interesting to me.

You're lucky to have done history at AS, I couldn't choose history due to how they placed the timetables together :frown: And my favourite historical book would be The Rising Sun - The Decline and Fall of the Japanese Empire 1936-1945 by John Toland. And yes, past military conflicts interest me.

As for the riots I mentioned..well it was due to a chain reaction of events. A well known Sikh activist called Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale was opposed to much of what the government did at the time. He was in favour of much of what was proposed by the Anandpur Resolution. He then set up base in the Golden Temple.

Indira Gandhi, prime minister of India at the time, and a lot of other politicians viewed this group led by Bhindranwale as extremists, since weapons were being amassed in the Golden Temple. She ordered Operation Bluestar to remove them. And that led to tanks, and other military action being used on the most holy area in the Sikh religion. Bhindranwale was killed amongst others.

In response, two of Gandhi's bodyguards who happened to be Sikhs assassinated her by shooting. This led to the 1984 Anti Sikh Riots, a massacre of the Sikh community in India. About 8000 were killed.

:smile:
Original post by Tcrumpen
Random but funny:
Yep :yep:
x

Original post by IDukem
I guess you're going for the toyboy of laptops now huh? :lol:

Well, a laptop anyway :tongue:
Reply 634
Yep

So many crossover referances
Original post by DivinityA
For USA, I think it's just hard not to take some interest in it if you like politics. Given how they affect the global outcome. As for Japan, I love all things Japanese so their history, culture, sports, news, politics is all interesting to me.

You're lucky to have done history at AS, I couldn't choose history due to how they placed the timetables together :frown: And my favourite historical book would be The Rising Sun - The Decline and Fall of the Japanese Empire 1936-1945 by John Toland. And yes, past military conflicts interest me.

As for the riots I mentioned..well it was due to a chain reaction of events. A well known Sikh activist called Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale was opposed to much of what the government did at the time. He was in favour of much of what was proposed by the Anandpur Resolution. He then set up base in the Golden Temple.

Indira Gandhi, prime minister of India at the time, and a lot of other politicians viewed this group led by Bhindranwale as extremists, since weapons were being amassed in the Golden Temple. She ordered Operation Bluestar to remove them. And that led to tanks, and other military action being used on the most holy area in the Sikh religion. Bhindranwale was killed amongst others.

In response, two of Gandhi's bodyguards who happened to be Sikhs assassinated her by shooting. This led to the 1984 Anti Sikh Riots, a massacre of the Sikh community in India. About 8000 were killed.

:smile:

That is true, but I think that it will compete with China for dominance as they fully emerge onto the world stage :smile: awesome! My dad works a lot in Japan- they have pink kitkats! The occupation of Korea by Japan had long lasting effects, and partially contributed to the success of the communists, it's weird how everything interlinks :tongue:
Aww that's a shame :frown: I'm doing entirely humanities subjects so history slotted in nicely :smile: what else did you do?
That looks really interesting :smile: my favourite would have to be Nothing To Envy by Barbara Demick :smile:
Wow! Thanks for clearing that up :smile: sounds remarkably similar to what happened after the division

Posted from TSR Mobile

Up to much? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So many crossover referances

Not sure I got most of them :colondollar: but it's amusing anyway :smile:
Reply 638
Not sure I got most of them :colondollar: but it's amusing anyway :smile:

I got all of em i think
I got all of em i think

How many were there? I don't watch much TV...

Quick Reply

Latest