Scroll to see replies

anyone going to the birmingham applicants day on november the 13th? :smile:
No i already got an offer :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 662
Anyone been invited to a Bath Open Day? 27th November is mine? :smile:
Reply 663
Original post by KorPhysicist
I sent my application on 14th and received an offer from Edinburgh on 23rd. I think you should check EUCLID again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im very jealous, maybe it's an international student thing to get them done early?
Original post by Jtw95
Im very jealous, maybe it's an international student thing to get them done early?

Probably :smile: Just wait next few weeks and see the result :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 665
Probably :smile: Just wait next few weeks and see the result :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so, I'm so nervous!
Original post by IlariaM
I've received an email from Edinburgh today saying that they will possibly make a decision about my application withink the next few weeks. Did you receive this email too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, I got this too! weird, I swear scottish unis are notorious for replying around march?
Reply 667
Original post by PhysicsLeopard
yeah, I got this too! weird, I swear scottish unis are notorious for replying around march?

You're right, but they apparently decided to change this year, because there's someone who already received an offer from Edinburgh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im an international applicant. Bear it in mind just in case. And i believe scottish unis want to obtain certain number of international applicants. Probably thats why

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 669
Im an international applicant. Bear it in mind just in case. And i believe scottish unis want to obtain certain number of international applicants. Probably thats why

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aren't you an EU applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IlariaM
Aren't you an EU applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live in eu region but I'm Korean :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 671
I sent off on 14th October for Cambridge, Imperial, Warwick, Nottingham and Bristol.

Had acknowledgement emails from all but Imperial within a few days.

Just got a letter from Nottingham saying they're definitely making me an offer but I have to go on a visit day on the 27th and meet an admissions tutor before they decide the conditions. Slightly annoying that they've just upped their standard offer to A*AA after advertising it as AAA but never mind.

Anyone know if Warwick or Bristol do UCAS days too?
Reply 672
Original post by Jtw95
Its horrible, Durham just asked me for my UMS and I've got some visit day at Leeds. I'd kill to just know I had one offer :frown:

Yep, an interview at Lancaster coming up and a visit day at Southampton, but no offer. I couldn't put it better myself, I'd kill to know I have an offer.
Original post by heather_2
Don't know. Although Lancaster has 5 interview days which seems a lot so am thinking they invite many more than offers. Only a guess though.
Have you heard anything from Exeter? When is your interview at Lancaster?

Everybod who goes to Lancaster for an interview gets an offer in my experience from last year.
(edited 10 years ago)
Just got visit day letters from Southampton and Leeds going on the Saturday for Southampton and the Thursday for Leeds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 675
Original post by sessess
I sent off on 14th October for Cambridge, Imperial, Warwick, Nottingham and Bristol.

Had acknowledgement emails from all but Imperial within a few days.

Just got a letter from Nottingham saying they're definitely making me an offer but I have to go on a visit day on the 27th and meet an admissions tutor before they decide the conditions. Slightly annoying that they've just upped their standard offer to A*AA after advertising it as AAA but never mind.

Anyone know if Warwick or Bristol do UCAS days too?

Their website has said A*AA - AAA for months and still says that for all of their physics courses so an offer of either A*AA or AAA would be normal for them.
Reply 676
Original post by adi19956
Their website has said A*AA - AAA for months and still says that for all of their physics courses so an offer of either A*AA or AAA would be normal for them.

Yeah, I had checked before applying so I knew what it would be, but when I first looked a few months ago it was AAA and on the open day the admissions tutor gave a little speech where he mentioned that they thought AAA was sufficient and that other unis often put A*AA just to try and play the league tables. The letter says the 'standard offer' is now A*AA, but I suppose if they like you on the visit day you might still get AAA.
Original post by PhysicsLeopard

That's what I thought as well... But I got this email as well today..

I didn't actually realise that's what it said so just read it again..!!

But thanks for saying otherwise I wouldn't have read that..

It seems like a pretty generic email to me though..?
Reply 678
Original post by flaptoad
Yep, an interview at Lancaster coming up and a visit day at Southampton, but no offer. I couldn't put it better myself, I'd kill to know I have an offer.

Its so annoying when you see loads of people getting offers for other courses. I just guess Physics is so great it's competitive:wink:
Reply 679
I was invited to the interview day at Lancaster and because I am an international student, I will have to do it by Skype. Does anyone have any experiences with that? Not sure what to expect :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending