The Student Room Group

Physics 2014 Entry Hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by PsiWave
Who was at the Manchester interview day on the 7th?

I was there :smile:
Original post by PsiWave
Who was at the Manchester interview day on the 7th?

And me :smile:
Reply 922
You're welcome, I'm glad I could help :P
Got a letter today from Birmingham saying the department will be recommending that the University make me an offer which is really exciting yay :smile:))
Original post by LucyW456
Got a letter today from Birmingham saying the department will be recommending that the University make me an offer which is really exciting yay :smile:))

Congrats! Me too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by charlotte9634

You've probably also been invited to the applicant day? I suggest you go, it's really good!

Which course did you both apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ExcitinglyMundane
You've probably also been invited to the applicant day? I suggest you go, it's really good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have! I'm going on the 3rd of December :smile:
I applied for the four year straight physics.

Did you get an offer after you attended the applicant day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The offer came through UCAS a few days before the applicant day, and a letter detailing it arrived while I was at the day.

(First letter arrived on 19th October, offer arrived on the 28th through UCAS, and my applicant day & offer letter was on the 30th)

Posted from TSR Mobile
The offer came through UCAS a few days before the applicant day, and a letter detailing it arrived while I was at the day.

(First letter arrived on 19th October, offer arrived on the 28th through UCAS, and my applicant day & offer letter was on the 30th)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I see! Was there any sort of interview process or not? I was under the impression that most places interviewed for physics. Maybe I am wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah I see! Was there any sort of interview process or not? I was under the impression that most places interviewed for physics. Maybe I am wrong?

Some places do, some don't. There was no interview at Birmingham, although at lunch we split into small groups and had a talk with a professor. We were told everyone there should expect the offer to arrive soon (if it hasn't already). So congratulations, I'm pretty sure you have an offer! :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some places do, some don't. There was no interview at Birmingham, although at lunch we split into small groups and had a talk with a professor. We were told everyone there should expect the offer to arrive soon (if it hasn't already). So congratulations, I'm pretty sure you have an offer! :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds great! Thank you! Where else have you applied and have you heard from any of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That sounds great! Thank you! Where else have you applied and have you heard from any of them?

Oxford (Pembroke), Birmingham, Lancaster, Durham and Bath.

I have an AAA offer from Bath (it is my insurance, but I am considering Birmingham's Bachelors guarantee). I also have an interview at Lancaster on the 21st.

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here :smile: I also applied for physics, got the letter and soon after that I received an offer! And I'm also going to the visit day on December 3rd! We should meet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Oxford (Pembroke), Birmingham, Lancaster, Durham and Bath.

I have an AAA offer from Bath (it is my insurance, but I am considering Birmingham's Bachelors guarantee). I also have an interview at Lancaster on the 21st.

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good! What's the Bachelors guarantee?

I've applied for Oxford(Lincoln), Birmingham, Bristol, Exeter and Bath.

I got an offer from Bath too! And I've got an interview at Exeter on Thursday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Movethemoon
Same here :smile: I also applied for physics, got the letter and soon after that I received an offer! And I'm also going to the visit day on December 3rd! We should meet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! :smile: Yeah I will probably see you there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds good! What's the Bachelors guarantee?

I've applied for Oxford(Lincoln), Birmingham, Bristol, Exeter and Bath.

I got an offer from Bath too! And I've got an interview at Exeter on Thursday :smile:

It's that if you get AAA, and have put Birmingham's A*AA MPhys offer as your firm, they'll accept you onto the Bsc, and you may be able to transfer back during the course. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, ah yay congrats too! I was so excited when I opened it, was my first offer (I know it's not technically an offer but surely the uni aren't gonna say no when the department want us) :P have you got any other offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I'm going to one on the 4th Dec, I haven't visited the uni yet so I'm real excited to finally see it! I applied for the MPhys Physics and Astrophysics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, ah yay congrats too! I was so excited when I opened it, was my first offer (I know it's not technically an offer but surely the uni aren't gonna say no when the department want us) :P have you got any other offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Well I got my first offer last night from Bath then Birmingham this morning! Yes, other people have had the same situation as us so hopefully we'll get offers!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep I'm going to one on the 4th Dec, I haven't visited the uni yet so I'm real excited to finally see it! I applied for the MPhys Physics and Astrophysics :smile:

The university is really nice, I've now been there twice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending