The Student Room Group

Guys: Do you ever notice how non-Western women treat you so much better?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vendettax
Oh really? Yet you clearly referred to yourself as a "girl" in this thread?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1367255

Nice attempt though.

pwnd.:congrats:

Can't rep you again however.
Reply 61
Original post by Messalina
I suggest you read up on TSR's rules about transphobia, and also about gender identity in general. Just because somebody once identified as something does not mean that they currently identify under that state.

Now, I suggest you tread carefully. Transphobia and anti-trans sentiments are against tsr rules. (Since I'm pretty sure you're going to continue your tirade of hatred against me regardless of my gender identity)

:laugh: I knew you would take this approach.

So you call yourself a "girl" when you've been hit, but a guy when defending feminism?
I suggest you read up on TSR's rules about transphobia, and also about gender identity in general. Just because somebody once identified as something does not mean that they currently identify under that state.

Now, I suggest you tread carefully. Transphobia and anti-trans sentiments are against tsr rules. (Since I'm pretty sure you're going to continue your tirade of hatred against me regardless of my gender identity)

How is being called a female offensive? Is being female an offense? What law has he broken? It is an honest mistake if he misunderstood. I suggest YOU tread carefully here.
Original post by vendettax
:laugh: I knew you would take this approach.

So you call yourself a "girl" when you've been hit, but a guy when defending feminism?

YOU ARE QUOTING A THREAD FROM 3 AND A HALF YEARS AGO.

Things change.

My gender identity is NONE of your business. All I ask is that you do not try to gender me and use my gender as some sort of weapon in this argument. My gender is not relevant to this discussion.
Reply 64
Original post by IlexBlue
If you bothered to look beyond your narrow-minded and ridiculous stereotyping, you'd see many of these "better" and "more docile" women actively loathe white men who stick them into those fetishist boxes.

They don't want your sexist **** either.

What does that even mean?
Original post by the mezzil
How is being called a female offensive? Is being female an offense? What law has he broken? It is an honest mistake if he misunderstood. I suggest YOU tread carefully here.

Being called female when you are not female can be seen as offensive if you identify as a trans person. It can be very upsetting or triggering. Why should I tread carefully when discussing my own gender identity?
Lately I have come across tons of youtube videos saying the exact same thing you mentioned. I am not to sure if it is correct or right since I am not a white female nor a white male. However, I have heard tons of guys from my ethnicity say the same thing.
I love it how Messalina attacks men and the male gender, insinuates that being a female, or being called a female is an offensive/ offensive, but however as soon as she is "gendered" it is not okay and she has rights not to be attacked. Pure feminism at its best.

1. Quote me attacking men and the male gender. I think you'll find you're making things up to fit your agenda.

2. Calling a trans person a specific gender when they have repeatedly asked you not to, and then made fun of that person for the same reason = bullying and transphobia. Breaking tsr rules. I suggest you stop.
Being called female when you are not female can be seen as offensive if you identify as a trans person. It can be very upsetting or triggering. Why should I tread carefully when discussing my own gender identity?

I understand you don't want to be gendered, that is your right. But it is wrong to say being a female is offensive if people wish to choose to be. It is also wrong to label someone as being offensive when they evidently had no idea you did not want to be characterised as a female. You should tread carefully as if you say being a female is offensive, then it is not only a form of sexism, as you associate it as a negative thing, but also complete stupidity.
I understand you don't want to be gendered, that is your right. But it is wrong to say being a female is offensive if people wish to choose to be. It is also wrong to label someone as being offensive when they evidently had no idea you did not want to be characterised as a female. You should tread carefully as if you say being a female is offensive, then it is not only a form of sexism, as you associate it as a negative thing, but also complete stupidity.

You are putting words into my mouth. I said "I am not female" and that I do not wish to be identified as such.

Being a female is not offensive. You made that up yourself. However, being repeatedly labelled as female, when you are a trans person, IS offensive. Get it?
1. Quote me attacking men and the male gender. I think you'll find you're making things up to fit your agenda.

2. Calling a trans person a specific gender when they have repeatedly asked you not to, and then made fun of that person for the same reason = bullying and transphobia. Breaking tsr rules. I suggest you stop.

It's been deleted, and to be frank, I can't be bothered trawling through your posts to find random bits of evidence. I know you are a sexist, I can see that you try to be clever about it a with pseudo intelligent debates etc, but don't worry, I know you are sexist.

Also I think you will find I am not breaking the rules, I am not labelling you as anything, I have no comment to make on your gender, I couldn't really care. The same goes for your allegations of bullying - I am not personally attacking you or making fun of you, again I am indifferent to what you identify as. I don't care. That is not bullying.
I'm half Norwegian and quite agree about nationality - it's not a Western thing though, even try in Ireland and you'll notice a huge difference
You are putting words into my mouth. I said "I am not female" and that I do not wish to be identified as such.

Being a female is not offensive. You made that up yourself. However, being repeatedly labelled as female, when you are a trans person, IS offensive. Get it?

Where have I called you a female? I have not called you a female, I have referred to your TSR name. That has no gender connotations.

I understand your point, I understand that you find such things offensive if you were called a female. However, insinuating that TO BE a female is offensive; well that's sexism. Understand my point? There is a difference.
(edited 10 years ago)

Is transgender a gender? (Not even trying to be provocative)
Original post by sugar-n-spice

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender

Transgender is the state of one's gender identity (self-identification as woman, man, neither or both) not matching one's assigned sex (identification by others as male, female or intersex based on physical/genetic sex). Transgender is independent of sexual orientation; transgender people may identify as heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, polysexual, or asexual; some may consider conventional sexual orientation labels inadequate or inapplicable to them.
Original post by sugar-n-spice

When filling in forms does transgender not actually come under sexual orientation (weirdly)

I.e What is your sexual orientation?
Heterosexual, homosexual, transgender

hmmmm, I just wondered, that if a person was born with an XY chromosome (male) but identified as a woman then surely it would make sense to identify with the female gender rather than transgender.

Based on the whole sex =/= gender thing people say
Where have I called you a female? I have not called you a female, I have referred to your TSR name. That has no gender connotations.

I understand your point, I understand that you find such things offensive if you were called a female. However, insinuating that To BE a female is offensive; well that's sexism. Understand my point? There is a difference.

You didn't call me female, I did not state that you had.
"insinuating that To BE a female is offensive; well that's sexism" - yes, it is sexism. But I did not insinuate that. You came up with that yourself. I said that calling somebody female who is trans CAN be offensive. It depends on every individual.
I understand where you're coming from, but not all white western girls are like this, I assure you. I'm certainly not.
Original post by That Bearded Man
When filling in forms does transgender not actually come under sexual orientation (weirdly)

I.e What is your sexual orientation?
Heterosexual, homosexual, transgender

It shouldn't do, you could be straight and transgender, gay and transgender or something else and transgender. I would have thought that it would be separate from sexuality.

Quick Reply

Latest