The Student Room Group

Should I ask out random women?

I've been told to man up and get a GF by my father, would asking random women out in the street work? Like saying 'hi, how are you, want a date'?

Would women be impressed by this confidence?

Scroll to see replies

No, they wouldn't.
Reply 2
When my father instructed me to find a female, I captured one with a net. It proved an effective method.
Reply 3
Life is so much easier when you're asexual.
Okay, so they might get weirded out by this, what if i asked them out from a distance, whilst respecting their space, would that work?
Atleast attempt a conversation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hyde

nah, i'm straight.
Try.
Reply 8
Original post by Mickey the idiot
I've been told to man up and get a GF by my father, would asking random women out in the street work? Like saying 'hi, how are you, want a date'?

Would women be impressed by this confidence?

It probably very hit and miss. You will inevitably get a few knock backs, but if you're nice enough I some women will like this and wouldn't mind going on a casual date
Original post by Hyde

Asexual people still want relationships, don't they?
Just not the hanky panky.
Original post by Lilbixxie
It probably very hit and miss. You will inevitably get a few knock backs, but if you're nice enough I some women will like this and wouldn't mind going on a casual date

i see,

how are you today btw?
Reply 11
Original post by Maid Marian
Asexual people still want relationships, don't they?
Just not the hanky panky.

Yeah they do but if you factor out the hanky panky a lot of the TSR relationship problems will go away.

To the OP, don't feel pressured to "get a GF" just because your dad told you so
Reply 12
Flat out asking girls out like that will catch them off guard & will most likely result in a no.

A gradient approach would be needed.

Perhaps start with a passing comment, something related to what they're doing. So you need to stay conversation where they're doing something - e.g waiting for something and you could say "always takes ages right?"

Get some sort of reply, carry it on, then give them a compliment. Gauge their reaction. If it's good, then try to make them laugh.

If you get the laugh, ask them a personal question -get some sort of meaningful conversation going.

Then when you're both comfortable, all her something like "are you studying anyone at the moment?" If yes, politely end the conversation. If no say, well do you fancy grabbing a drink this weekend out something? Make it specific.

The rest is self explanatory.

Our you could just get drunk and act like a dick. That seems to work for a lot of guys.

Edit - various autocorrects in here that I'm not changing
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
i see,

how are you today btw?

I'm alright thanks, and you?
I'm alright thanks, and you?

I'm good ta, wuu2 today?
Reply 15
I'm good ta, wuu2 today?

Erm, nm really. Just trying and failing to finish some work, the depending how that goes, Roller skating later. I've done nothing since 9 though lol, so i'm not hopeful.
Hbu?
Erm, nm really. Just trying and failing to finish some work, the depending how that goes, Roller skating later. I've done nothing since 9 though lol, so i'm not hopeful.
Hbu?

All I'm going to do today is go for a bike ride. Roller skating sounds fun, whats it like for you?
Reply 17
All I'm going to do today is go for a bike ride. Roller skating sounds fun, whats it like for you?

ahh, sounds like a chill day, might be the perfect opportunity to try out your new tactic.
Lol i'm not gunna lie, i'm pretty bad at roller skating, but so are most of my friends. Not falling over would be a pretty good achievement for me. It's ok i guess, it's alway
s good to try something new
ahh, sounds like a chill day, might be the perfect opportunity to try out your new tactic.
Lol i'm not gunna lie, i'm pretty bad at roller skating, but so are most of my friends. Not falling over would be a pretty good achievement for me. It's ok i guess, it's alway
s good to try something new

I might do, if I have the courage. Ah, I've never been roller skating, so I'm not really sure what it's like tbh, but I've been ice skating an kept falling over, do you know how long it will take until I stop falling btw? I've been once.
Reply 19
I might do, if I have the courage. Ah, I've never been roller skating, so I'm not really sure what it's like tbh, but I've been ice skating an kept falling over, do you know how long it will take until I stop falling btw? I've been once.

I'm seriously the worst person to ask, I've only been ice skating twice. I didn't fall over though, but that probably had something to do with the fact I held onto the sides 90% of the time. You should trying going again, it was definitely easier the second time. How long ago did you go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending