The Student Room Group

Date hELP

I have a date next saturday and I'm nervous. Dating isn't my thing. I'd rather just not but I thought I'd give it a try. Advice/help needed. :redface:
Reply 1
Hey,

I decided to give dating a go a few weeks back and was very nervous. I had talked to the guy online before we met and obviously met in a public place blah blah.
You are always going to be nervous but you will overcome that within the first 5 mins.
Key thing is to go not expecting anything much and take it as it comes, maybe you will fancy him loads, maybe not, each is just fine! have fun (and a free drink ect :P)

Oh and be your self :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Peachykeen09
I have a date next saturday and I'm nervous. Dating isn't my thing. I'd rather just not but I thought I'd give it a try. Advice/help needed. :redface:

You have good taste in music, talk about that.
Reply 3
I'd be more than willing to offer my services for a practice say on Tuesday? :hubba:

I'll throw in a bad-ending scenario & you can provide a good one.
Reply 4
Original post by squealia
Hey,

I decided to give dating a go a few weeks back and was very nervous. I had talked to the guy online before we met and obviously met in a public place blah blah.
You are always going to be nervous but you will overcome that within the first 5 mins.
Key thing is to go not expecting anything much and take it as it comes, maybe you will fancy him loads, maybe not, each is just fine! have fun (and a free drink ect :P)

Oh and be your self :smile:

thanks we just met 2 nights ago and we hit it off, i remember thinking he was cute but i'm worried that i was just drunk and seeing things. and I'm usually awkward af. :colondollar:

Original post by Ben_K
You have good taste in music, talk about that.

thanks, he's really not the type of guy i usually go for so i'd be surprised if he likes some of the same music as me

Original post by hskjlclcn
I'd be more than willing to offer my services for a practice say on Tuesday? :hubba:

I'll throw in a bad-ending scenario & you can provide a good one.

tell me more :colone:
Reply 5
tell me more :colone:

Well obviously there would be candles, some calm music playing in the background and we'd be tucking into some lovely beans on toast to replicate the exact conditions i'd expect your real date to be like.

In providing the bad ending, i'd act like a arrogant sod, we'd argue about goldfish and I'd disappear on my space rocket never to be seen again :frown: tell me about your good ending though :perv:
Reply 6
Original post by hskjlclcn
Well obviously there would be candles, some calm music playing in the background and we'd be tucking into some lovely beans on toast to replicate the exact conditions i'd expect your real date to be like.

In providing the bad ending, i'd act like a arrogant sod, we'd argue about goldfish and I'd disappear on my space rocket never to be seen again :frown: tell me about your good ending though :perv:

yes the first scenario sounds lovely and quite tame but my idea of a good scenario would be a little more MA :colone:
What's to worry about? How do you normally start relationships off? Dare I ask :colone:
Reply 8
Original post by Willum Infanta
What's to worry about? How do you normally start relationships off? Dare I ask :colone:

being in a relationship is the last thing that i want atm, if you know what i mean
being in a relationship is the last thing that i want atm, if you know what i mean

Either don't go on the date then or let the guy know your intentions

(remember to arch your back at the right moment)
Either don't go on the date then or let the guy know your intentions

(remember to arch your back at the right moment)

:laugh: he really is a nice guy though so i'm willing to give it a chance and see where it leads
:laugh: he really is a nice guy though so i'm willing to give it a chance and see where it leads

I wish you luck in your quest :hat2:
I wish you luck in your quest :hat2:

Reply 13
Oh, be on time! Some guys don't appreciate their dates being late... I have a distinct habit of vanishing before they arrive if they are - I do let them know first though... Of course that may just be me...
(edited 10 years ago)
First dates tend to be awkward, well in my experience anyway.

Play a drinking game, it lowers inhibitions and gets people talking, plus if you play a fun game you'll have a guaranteed fun time regardless of whether you feel you'll fancy this guy enough to enter a relationship with him. Its not the best advice, but its something that's worked for me, good luck.
Reply 15
yes the first scenario sounds lovely and quite tame but my idea of a good scenario would be a little more MA :colone:

Im definitely interested :wink: feel free to PM me so we can "discuss" the good scenario :colone:
It sounds slightly lame but if you write down a couple of discussion points beforehand you'll feel more confident during the date. I do this before parties sometimes :bl:. It really helps not having to worry about coming up with stuff to talk about.
Just have fun! It's normal to be nervous. And I'm a shy person but the dates I've been on have all gone pretty well. Even if it doesn't go well, it'll be something to laugh at in the future :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending