The Student Room Group

Two parties on one night

This is going to sound super trivial but basically a friend invited me to their party because someone else wanted me there but I could tell that the host didn't have any intention whatsoever to invite me... But then a guy who I'm even better friends with invited me to his party on the same night and I know a lot of the people there. If I don't go to the first party, they'll think I'm a social climber but if I don't go to the second, the other people will think I'm blowing them off and that I'm not a good friend. Whose party should I go to? I don't want to offend anyone but clearly it is inevitable in this situation..? Any help would be lovely :smile:!
Reply 1
If you know people at the second party, go there. Obviously you'll have a better time and because there are less people you know at the first, who cares what they think
Obviously the second party.
Reply 3
Spend some time at both? What sort of times are the parties running?
Second obvs, you know em well
Do you even have to ask?
Original post by Anonymous
This is going to sound super trivial but basically a friend invited me to their party because someone else wanted me there but I could tell that the host didn't have any intention whatsoever to invite me... But then a guy who I'm even better friends with invited me to his party on the same night and I know a lot of the people there. If I don't go to the first party, they'll think I'm a social climber but if I don't go to the second, the other people will think I'm blowing them off and that I'm not a good friend. Whose party should I go to? I don't want to offend anyone but clearly it is inevitable in this situation..? Any help would be lovely :smile:!

go whichever you were invited to first. tell the second party why you can't be there and they'll understand
Reply 7
Original post by Ice_Queen
Spend some time at both? What sort of times are the parties running?

Both start at the same time...
Reply 8
Original post by GeogBerry
If you know people at the second party, go there. Obviously you'll have a better time and because there are less people you know at the first, who cares what they think

Thank you! I think I will take your advice! :smile:
Reply 9
Thanks everyone!
Both start at the same time...

What time do they finish? For example if one is an all-night house party and one isn't, you could easily do both.
Go to the party that your friends are going to. To be fair the first guy might not even particularly want you there since he was told to invite you by someone else so I doubt he'd be very upset if you don't go. The friend that actually did invite you obviously does want you there because you're good friends and would be upset if you don't go.
Reply 12
Original post by Ice_Queen
What time do they finish? For example if one is an all-night house party and one isn't, you could easily do both.

They both finish around 1. I am going to the second one purely because I'll feel more comfortable there, but thank you for your advice!
Reply 13
Original post by MissDavies
Go to the party that your friends are going to. To be fair the first guy might not even particularly want you there since he was told to invite you by someone else so I doubt he'd be very upset if you don't go. The friend that actually did invite you obviously does want you there because you're good friends and would be upset if you don't go.

I agree! He even implied on the Facebook event that he didn't want me there so I think it's best I don't go. Thank you so much :smile:
Be a badass and go to both
Reply 15

this is just me but if person A invites me to something then person B does too,and i can't do both/bring them together, i ALWAYS go with person A even if person B was my best friend, because i already made these plans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending