The Student Room Group

HELP, Opinions on my A-Level choices?

I have chosen Religious Education (Predicted an A*), Economics (Did not do it for GCSE) & Sociology.
Please tell me your opinions on these subjects and if you know, what career path would i be able to take with these options?

I'm not strong in English Lit or Mathematics (both predicted B), English Lang is not available at my school (predicted A) and all the other subjects I feel as though I will not get a good grade. Which is why I picked these.

Thank you in advance :smile:
Are you not taking a fourth? I think if you were to take 4 you could then drop the one you liked the least and then carry on with 3 A2s! Although its completely up to you. Does your sixth form offer business? That would go well with you sociology and economics i think! Do you like the sciences at all? They're always a good choice and you can fit them in with any subject choices really cause they're so strong on their own.
To universities, they don't like a mix of economics and business; they overlap a lot. I would maybe consider Maths or a Science so you have another strong subject with RE.
Reply 3
Original post by seanbolton94
Are you not taking a fourth? I think if you were to take 4 you could then drop the one you liked the least and then carry on with 3 A2s! Although its completely up to you. Does your sixth form offer business? That would go well with you sociology and economics i think! Do you like the sciences at all? They're always a good choice and you can fit them in with any subject choices really cause they're so strong on their own.

I was thinking of taking a fourth but at my school we have to do EPQ plus an enrichment so it will be a lot of work. As for the sciences I am terrible, it is the only subjects I am doing a foundation paper in. My school does offer business but only as a BTEC, as I did one BTEC at GCSE I really want to avoid any BTEC'S for A-Level.
Reply 4
Original post by Ben4
To universities, they don't like a mix of economics and business; they overlap a lot. I would maybe consider Maths or a Science so you have another strong subject with RE.

I was thinking of doing maths for A-Level but my school's entry requirements are really high, we have to get an A to do it for A-Level which is what put me off as I am predicted B for maths. I am trying to aim high but at the same time I have to be realistic lol.
Reply 5
economics is considered a strong suject if you want to take your application further go for a maths alevel or something dw about epq and enrichement activities at the end of the day alevels and their grades are by far the most important thing, a good grade in another strong subject will make you look far better. even things like personal statement and such in ucas applications you'll be suprised on how many unis will just accept you on predicted grades.

Quick Reply

Latest