The Student Room Group

Guys: bitchy or nice girls?

My friend just labelled me a bitch and now I feel so worried that this was not meant to be a good thing. I am quite moody and quite off with most guys cause of the way I am and now I'm thinking should I be changing my approach and be a little different?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I prefer it if people are nice to me. Perhaps if they are nice to me and a bitch to everyone else it'd make me feel special though, rather than them just being nice to everybody. It depends on lots of things, like appearance, intelligence, niceness to me, niceness to other people...

In my experience guys tend to like it when the bitch in me is exposed when it's appropriate. I'm generally nice. (Possibly the nicest person you will ever meet if I like you. :h:) Some get intimidated in a way they like and others get impressed. Either way, finding a good balance betwen bitchy and nice may help. :borat:
A bit of both. But leaning more towards 'nice'
Reply 4
Going out with a nice girl who constantly agrees with you can get a little boring after a while. But going out with a bitch is a lot more frustrating, and stressful. At the end of the day be yourself, you can't change who you are and eventually the nice facade will wear off. You'll find someone who appreciates you for who you are.

edit: Parental Guidance advised.
[video="youtube;To5bUpOEHcw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To5bUpOEHcw[/video]
(edited 10 years ago)
i dated a bitch once, never again.

Having the ability to stand up for yourself is not the same as being a bitch
Reply 6
Nice girls are boring, I would choose a girl who is not a complete inveterate bitch but definitely has a prominent bitchy streak. The idea being that I'm one of the people she's loyal and nice to but she doesn't give a **** about most people. She would also be intelligent and value academic objectivity so we could have fiery debates without it becoming too personal.

The take-home message is that being nice to everyone is incredibly boring and cloying and makes you a doormat.
A full-on bitch is pretty much a wholly negative creature, she's nasty, vindictive, spiteful and generally detestable as far as I'm concerned, but there's more to it than just nice girls and bitches. Not being a bitch doesn't automatically make you nice, and not being nice doesn't automatically make you a bitch.

I think some people confuse 'bitch' for 'confident and able to stand your ground/state your own opinions'. I like girls who can do that and still be 'nice'.

Of course, just because your friend labelled you a bitch, does it mean you are one?
Definitely nice girls. I'd like to think I have a nice persona

actually tbf ive been told that a few times so I'd like someone like thay as well :smile:
Reply 9
most definitely a nice girl.
I prefer quiet, nice girls. Bitchy ones tend to create too much drama which I can't be arsed for.
Reply 12
What a weird question.:confused:
Reply 13
This is like asking:

Girls: bad, rebellious guys or nice, sensible, kind guys?

:wink:
Reply 14
Full on bitches that are sour and go out of their way to hurt someone are unbearable and won't stay in a relationship or friendship for very long. But being opinionated, feisty, stand up for yourself, and independently minded, are not bad traits at all, but are the opposite to typically 'nice' doormat or dependent types that people like to take advantage of. I don't think people are necessarily one or the other, it depends on what parts of their inner character they choose to reveal.
Reply 15
Original post by iamintorture
My friend just labelled me a bitch and now I feel so worried that this was not meant to be a good thing. I am quite moody and quite off with most guys cause of the way I am and now I'm thinking should I be changing my approach and be a little different?

Oh come on no guys going to be like yeah I'm really attracted to bitchy guys who aren't nice.
Reply 16
Original post by redferry
Oh come on no guys going to be like yeah I'm really attracted to bitchy guys who aren't nice.

Some guy above did! Apparently it's a challenge :rolleyes: yeah right, a challenge until she drains the **** out of him and has no regard for his emotions. Because as much as he might like her to smack him with a whip if she can't pick him up afterwards, dust him off and make him feel good about himself, in the long run it's going to backfire on all levels.
Reply 17
Original post by Foo.mp3
Never dated a bitch, but have dated one or two girls who were wilful/'a bit of a handful', and kinda like it. The problem is that after a little while, whether it is by sheer force of personality or because of the way I am with them physically/sexually, I find all women revert to type with me and become somewhat submissive/deferential

It's weird because I reject ****-testing as a sign of an immature/insecure manipulative persona yet kind of miss it when it's gone/once 'the chase' is over - if a girl can't continue to challenge, or at least stimulate me, on that level then it's unlikely to last and I'm unlikely to contemplate exclusivity

Some men like a bitch/dominant persona, others don't know what they want or, like me, are fairly impossible to satisfy so best just to be yourself but perhaps try, over time, to be a little more mindful about how you come across/how fair you are in general if the feedback you're getting is negative

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by redferry)
"Oh come on no guys going to be like yeah I'm really attracted to bitchy girls who aren't nice."

Me:
Some guy above did! Apparently it's a challenge :rolleyes: yeah right, a challenge until she drains the **** out of him and has no regard for his emotions. Because as much as he might like her to smack him with a whip if she can't pick him up afterwards, dust him off and make him feel good about himself, in the long run it's going to backfire on all levels.
(edited 10 years ago)
A balance of both, but definitely more 'nice'.

I don't like 'bitchy' girls, but if there's a 'nice' girl who has a lil' bit of a 'bitchy' side and uses it at appropriate times like when she's being funny then I'm all for it.

Other than that, if a girl is 'bitchy' most of the time then it's a turn off for me
I'm not looking to have any needless drama in my life and would prefer somebody modest and nice. I hate people who think they're above others and feel like they should only be tolerable to the person they love/like. Sure, it makes you feel special, but I would be more content knowing that my partner is well-rounded and not self absorbed and easily threatened.

Quick Reply

Latest