The Student Room Group

Have you ever cheated?

Poll

Have you ever cheated?

In short, never been in a relationship and I'm just kind of wondering what it's like to cheat. Not that I ever would if I had anyone to cheat on but screw it, curiosity killed the cat, it never killed me.

So what's it like? Do you feel guilty? Does it ever end well? Why cheat in the first place? No judgement here, just wondering.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Every time I have been in a relationship with someone I have cheated multiple times.
Reply 2
Same here , I get bored easily. and it's fun. as long as the other person doesn't find out. it's not fun when they do
Reply 3
I cheated because my ex was pretty frigid. We went out for about 11 months and we were 19-21 years old. He might have been asexual or just not ready for anything below the belt. I tried to encourage him and we were emotionally attached but in the end I just got attracted to someone else. It was still an emotionally painful experience, not the cheating bit but the bit where I knew I had to break up with him despite still being a bit emotionally attached.
Original post by Click107
Same here , I get bored easily. and it's fun. as long as the other person doesn't find out. it's not fun when they do
Original post by james22
Every time I have been in a relationship with someone I have cheated multiple times.

Clearly you two make wonderful relationship material :sigh:
Reply 5
Yhup, I've cheated, I feel indifferent about it and I love my OH with all my heart, it's just sometimes I enjoy a different camp for my rather large soldier :h:
Reply 6
No. Never.
Original post by james22

Would you be okay with her cheating?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by qwerty_mad
Would you be okay with her cheating?

Posted from TSR Mobile

With who cheating?

I am assuming you mean a girlfriend. If I had a girlfriend I would absolutely not be happy with her cheating.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
No not in a relationship. I have used cheat codes on GTA, which I'm somewhat ashamed of, but who hasn't, right?
I did cheat ONCE. Not proud of it. Told my boyfriend out of guilt and shame and he eventually forgave me. We're still together.

To be brutally honest, I don't really regret what happened. (sounds awful, I don't even understand it myself).

Should probably clarify though; I won't cheat on anyone again. From experience, it causes too much pain and just isn't worth it. Definitely learned from my mistake.
(edited 10 years ago)
The poll results are pretty shocking.

I would have no problem cutting off a relationship which wasn't making me happy, but I would never cheat.

The vast majority of cheaters are morally handicapped hypocrites.
Reply 12
No because I'm not a massive prick.

Though I have been cheated on and had to handle friends who'd been cheated on, and I wouldn't wish it upon anybody.
Original post by CJKay
No because I'm not a massive prick.

Just a reasonably sized prick then?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by thatrollingstone
Just a reasonably sized prick then?

Correct.
Original post by thatrollingstone
The poll results are pretty shocking.

I would have no problem cutting off a relationship which wasn't making me happy, but I would never cheat.

The vast majority of cheaters are morally handicapped hypocrites.

Cheating is more common that people like to think.
I have, and it was the stupidest thing I've ever done. It happened a year ago and I'm still so ashamed about it-there was no excuse for it. I definitely know I'll never cheat again
Reply 17
I have never cheated before, it is against everything i stand for. I despise cheats, contrary to my persona whereby i think casual sex is all well and good. I got cheated on before, with a girl i had known for 15 years and was in a relationship with for 2 years. I found out and i never spoke to her again, or have had any contact with her again, she is dead to me since 5 years ago. (with my former best mate, none the less) I would never get into a relationship unless i love the girl, a lot. If you get Vain into a relationship, chances are that I want to be with you for the long haul, even though i won't tell the girl obviously (in order to self-preserve/protect myself). I would not just go into a relationship with a girl if i was in love with her and/or sleeping with her either, it would have to be a very rationalised decision for me to choose a girl to 'commit' to. To date, since 5 years ago now, i have not been in a relationship, it is not worth the potential betrayal.

I have however, unknowingly, slept with girls who have had bf's, one night stands in university. If i knew they had bf's i would have serious reservations about sleeping with them. And i won't lie, i feel bad for it, not ashamed because they were the ones that knew and i didn't, but i just feel bad about it because that poor guy on the other end used to be me. Getting sex and relationships is so easy these days that the whole value of relationships overall has gone south.

I don't understand guys that are unable to get (and subsequently complain about being unable to get) one night stands and relationships when if you're anywhere resembling good looking you get inundated with offers/approach invitations all of the time in university. Even if you're not the coolest/best looking guy you could still get someone from your social circle/style , surely. Sex and relationships? Easy to get in England. I see not very good looking guys with attractive girls every day.

But committed relationships? I think you have to be very good looking, no doubt about that, you have to be someone who your girlfriend or boyfriend can't really do much better than, i.e. it would be very difficult to replace you. However, some people just like cheating anyway because it is an instinctive/exciting thing that they just feel a compulsion to do.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
There is nothing worse than a cheater.

The people who are dismissing cheating as fun and nothing in this topic just strike me as needy, shallow little people and I feel sorry for both you and your partners. Makes me wonder what other disgusting, cheap and grotty little things you do in life. You should be utterly ashamed.
Original post by Click107

So to sum it up you only care when you get caught?

Can I ask you a serious and genuine question? How would you feel if you were cheated on?

Also…if you're not already… Why don't you get into an open relationship, then everyone is happy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending