The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2260
Original post by JAS101101
For those who have had interviews what score out of sixty did you have? I have 57 and was wondering what my chances of being called for interview are. I know the cut off last year was 57. Does anyone have any idea whether it has moved up or down this year?

I'm sure there have been some 57's with interviews on this thread...
Reply 2261
Helloo i'd said earlier in the thread i got 57 and have an interview on the 19th feb, there's been a couple others on here with the same score but I couldn't really comment on your chances except that there is a chance of interview!!

Best of luck I think it's just a matter of waiting it out :smile:
Original post by medic77
Are you an international?

Nope, home student :smile:
Reply 2263
any internationals with offers yet? :smile: Good luck for those of you who have an interview x
I am still waiting for an interview..not sure where I am on the scoring system... prob 56 or 57....
Original post by Dr Shillingout
I am still waiting for an interview..not sure where I am on the scoring system... prob 56 or 57....

same. my score is 57 :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
All quiet from Leicester today then?
:no::s-smilie::erm::sigh:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr Gin
Statistically (and very approximately) they still have 135 of their 809 interviews to do. They would have to presume (to be safe) that all 135 of those will outperform the previous interviewees and would therefore have to hold back around 39% of their offers just in case this occurred. in reality those 135 offers will be spread over the entire distribution of interviewees including many from December and January. There will also most likely be a huge swathe who have exactly the same interview score and who need splitting into 'yes' and 'no' which will mean a review of interview score sheets or UCAS forms. Uncertainty as to the threshold score for this group means that the actual number of offers sent out so far is probably much lower than you would think. Relax, definitely not too late...

Thanks for the reassurance :smile: would it be reasonable to guess that approximately 50% of offers will be made in March, when taking into account the 39% + all borderline applicants?
Offer after interview on 17th!

Such a nice surprise, it felt like the interview went poorly
Original post by UpbeatFungus

Congrats!
Reply 2270
Congrats to everyone that has gotten offers and good luck to ppl with interviews! Has anyone been Rejected?
Reply 2271

Congratulations mate :smile: when did you get the email?
Reply 2272
Ugh...reckon there are many interviews left to hand out? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0612
Congratulations mate :smile: when did you get the email?

Cheers pal. I got it yesterday, but only just checked my emails since then...

It felt like I flopped each and every station miserably so if anyone feels the same way don't cut your losses just yet
Reply 2274
Cheers pal. I got it yesterday, but only just checked my emails since then...

It felt like I flopped each and every station miserably so if anyone feels the same way don't cut your losses just yet

Well in kid! I dont know how to feel mine went haha :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have Leicester stopped giving out interviews?
Original post by Ama2007
Have Leicester stopped giving out interviews?

I think their website said the last days of interviews would be 18th and 19th February.
Original post by medical nurse
I think their website said the last days of interviews would be 18th and 19th February.

YES but how early do they normally give you like a 2 week notice?

Man this is soooo unfair! This is my second time applying
Reply 2278
Original post by Ama2007
YES but how early do they normally give you like a 2 week notice?

Man this is soooo unfair! This is my second time applying

I hate to say it but I think most people had a decent amount of warning. My interview is on that 18th of February and I got about 5~ weeks notice. I don't think it's unusual to get that much notice either...

For what it's worth I hope I'm wrong. Unfortunately only LMS themselves would know the actual answer to your question. I have my fingers crossed for you though.
Original post by Alumno
I hate to say it but I think most people had a decent amount of warning. My interview is on that 18th of February and I got about 5~ weeks notice. I don't think it's unusual to get that much notice either...

For what it's worth I hope I'm wrong. Unfortunately only LMS themselves would know the actual answer to your question. I have my fingers crossed for you though.

no problem thanks for letting me know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending