The Student Room Group

Do People At Uni Behave Like People On TSR?

Top of the morning to my fellow TSRians. I hope I all find you well! :smile::smile::smile:

Basically; the question in the thread title pretty much sums it up. Imagine the people you come across in halls, lectures, societies and even during student nightlife events. Do many of them behave like the average TSR member?

Scroll to see replies

No.
No.

The average TSR member is the one who hides in their room and never comes out other than to get food from the kitchen and make a weird comment about "damn kids with your fun and your 'uni experience', I'm here to work". And then they disappear into their rooms again to talk about how 'alpha' they are, and hate on wommenz.

There are very few of us normal ones left, unfortunately :smile:
Original post by madders94
No.

The average TSR member is the one who hides in their room and never comes out other than to get food from the kitchen and make a weird comment about "damn kids with your fun and your 'uni experience', I'm here to work". And then they disappear into their rooms again to talk about how 'alpha' they are, and hate on wommenz.

Perhaps people IRL are not as enlightened as people on TSR?
No.

I doubt you even lift
No.

Such megalomania isn't good for your sanity :tongue:.
I really hope they don't act like people on here. I should be (providing I get the grades) starting uni in September and I'm doing physics so if the people on my course are as sexist as the people on TSR then I will not be putting up with their ****
This is so depressing. Seems like most of the clowns on this site are getting neither the benefits of a university education or a university social life. The trick is to get both, but for some of the more challenging case, it may be necessary to focus on only one. But to reap the benefits of neither? Just wow.

Anyone with a four figure post count lol @ that.
There's this recluse in my friends flat who has only been seen 3 or 4 times this academic year , he also has his own George Foreman grill which he uses to cook his food, 110% sure that he's a TSR member.

In regards to your question, the answer is no.
Original post by Boltons Bastard

Don't worry. With your posts per day already coming in at 27, I'm sure you'll be there soon.

Honestly, are you a troll, or just extremely bored?
Original post by Meyrin
Don't worry. With your posts per day already coming in at 27, I'm sure you'll be there soon.

Its quite something when a person (the OP) getting their "kicks" in life from trolling people on a student forum proceeds to make fun of those very people who actually use the forum for academic help/valid discussion.

The irony :biggrin:.
Original post by Meyrin

Original post by elpistolero7
Its quite something when a person (the OP) getting their "kicks" in life from trolling people on a student forum proceeds to make fun of those very people who actually use the forum for academic help/valid discussion.

Cba.
Reply 13
This is so depressing. Seems like most of the clowns on this site are getting neither the benefits of a university education or a university social life. The trick is to get both, but for some of the more challenging case, it may be necessary to focus on only one. But to reap the benefits of neither? Just wow.

yeah that's right, just insult every senior member on TSR
good luck with that...

Original post by Meyrin

i don't think it's a problem being online
people have different niches in life
some people don't like outdoor social activities and thats fine

university is extremely biased towards a very specific lifestyle, so it can be difficult for people that are not used to such things
you can either adapt partly (like i have), or you can just carry on as you are and say screw you to everyone else; they shouldn't expect you to change.

fundamentally, the primary aim of university is to further your education
everything else, including social activities, are below that (as depressing as that sounds)

Original post by elpistolero7

that's like making fun of somebody for being good at something.

"wow, that guy is so clever!
what a nerd..."
Original post by Luke_Mckeown

that's like making fun of somebody for being good at something.

"wow, that guy is so clever!
what a nerd..."

No it's not quite the same to be honest. I think people who draw their self-esteem from work and academia alone are going to have a difficult life to be honest. They have my pity.
No. They are much, much, much worse.
Do they steal traffic cones? Then probably.
Reply 17
No it's not quite the same to be honest. I think people who draw their self-esteem from work and academia alone are going to have a difficult life to be honest. They have my pity.

i agree to an extent

as humans, we may be born alone and we may die alone, but we live together.
we are meant to function physically as an individual, but psychologically as a collective.

it would be a very difficult teenage life to have a lack of social experience
however you often get people living unbalanced lives

those who come to uni, spend 9k a year and drink their time away
those who sit in their rooms for 3 years, get the best grades on the course, but leave with few new friends or social experience
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
i agree to an extent

as humans, we may be born alone and we may die alone, but we live together.
we are meant to function physically as an individual, but psychologically as a collective.

it would be a very difficult teenage life to have a lack of social experience
however you often get people living unbalanced lives

those who come to uni, spend 9k a year and drink their time away
those who sit in their rooms for 3 years, get the best grades on the course, but leave with few new friends or social experience

No I don't think getting a first justifies being a hermit. Being a hermit is very, very weird. Feel sorry for you pal.
Reply 19
No I don't think getting a first justifies being a hermit. Being a hermit is very, very weird. Feel sorry for you pal.

get lost, i'm not a bloody hermit!:laugh:

i was just defending people's right to do whatever they want with their own free time, be it drinking or studying.

nah, you can get a first without being a hermit.
if you get a first whilst keeping an even balance of social and acedmic time, then you're naturally gifted
most people will need to sway more towards studying to get the top grade (especially in 3rd year), although it depends on their course i guess

Quick Reply

Latest