The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jimjam123
Hi all, I've been put on a waiting list as well but for the graduate entry. Anyone else in the same boat?

What was your interview score?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by panjabiflower
What was your interview score?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for the graduate entry, I think I got 20 or 21 out of 25. Hopefully we'll all hear back soon with good news...
Original post by jimjam123
I applied for the graduate entry, I think I got 20 or 21 out of 25. Hopefully we'll all hear back soon with good news...

Hopefully :smile:
Do you think we stand any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard anything??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am trying to figure out my chances for applying for 2015 entry GEM Medicine at Leicester, now that I have 1 years care work experience.

Did anyone get an interview/offer with similar background to me: GCSEs 5 A* 5A B, Science A Levels ABB, Arts Degree 2.1, UKCAT 737.5?

I think would have got me around 19/25 in the pre-interview points score thing.

Thanks!
Original post by inversus
I am trying to figure out my chances for applying for 2015 entry GEM Medicine at Leicester, now that I have 1 years care work experience.

Did anyone get an interview/offer with similar background to me: GCSEs 5 A* 5A B, Science A Levels ABB, Arts Degree 2.1, UKCAT 737.5?

I think would have got me around 19/25 in the pre-interview points score thing.

Thanks!

I was quite similar to you except with a higher ukcat. My GCSEs were 2A*, 3A, 4B and ABBC at A-level (Maths, Bio Chem and f.maths). 1st in my nursing degree. I scored 21/22 out of 25.
It will all depend on who else applies this year. They haven't really released any information about what score was needed to score an interview for A101 this year. I think they also take ps and reference into account more than they do with A100.

I got an interview and offer and start at Leicester in September.
Hey, I'm in year 12 and was thinking of applying to leicester in october for medicine. I think I completely flopped one or two of my exams which would probably bring my grades down to what feels like b/c/d. Do Leicester care about AS Levels? Would someone with aaaa have an advantage? My gcse's are alright for the academics so I'm not too worried about making up for them with my AS grades. Thanks
Original post by ojj_12
Hey, I'm in year 12 and was thinking of applying to leicester in october for medicine. I think I completely flopped one or two of my exams which would probably bring my grades down to what feels like b/c/d. Do Leicester care about AS Levels? Would someone with aaaa have an advantage? My gcse's are alright for the academics so I'm not too worried about making up for them with my AS grades. Thanks

Leicester score your academics out of 30. The majority of the score is made up of your GCSE grades but any A at AS gives you extra points. The thing to work out your score is on their website. They then combine this with a scoring system for your UKCAT score giving you a total score out of 60. So really you won't be able to decide whether to apply until you do your UKCAT and can work out your total score :smile: I don't think they can disadvantage you because of your AS grades if you have a score that qualifies for interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ojj_12

Original post by LibbyG
Leicester score your academics out of 30. The majority of the score is made up of your GCSE grades but any A at AS gives you extra points. The thing to work out your score is on their website. They then combine this with a scoring system for your UKCAT score giving you a total score out of 60. So really you won't be able to decide whether to apply until you do your UKCAT and can work out your total score :smile: I don't think they can disadvantage you because of your AS grades if you have a score that qualifies for interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cardiff is another place to consider as they don't look at AS grades at all.
Original post by Amyk89
I was quite similar to you except with a higher ukcat. My GCSEs were 2A*, 3A, 4B and ABBC at A-level (Maths, Bio Chem and f.maths). 1st in my nursing degree. I scored 21/22 out of 25.
It will all depend on who else applies this year. They haven't really released any information about what score was needed to score an interview for A101 this year. I think they also take ps and reference into account more than they do with A100.

I got an interview and offer and start at Leicester in September.

Thanks, I am going to their open day on saturday so hopefully I'll find out more :smile:

Hope you enjoy it there :biggrin:
Thanks, I am going to their open day on saturday so hopefully I'll find out more :smile:

Hope you enjoy it there :biggrin:

Hey, I went last Saturday too and loved it so much! How was it?
Is anyone else on the waiting list? Just want to get an idea of how long the list is. And if so what is your interview score?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ojj_12
Hey, I went last Saturday too and loved it so much! How was it?

It was great, and now I'm disappointed that they are halving the number of places for 2015, then scrapping GEM course altogether, I can't afford to study a 5 year course. It may be harder to get in for 2015, but I've spent a year working as a HCA so I could have a shot at going there, maybe I'll be lucky! :smile:
It was great, and now I'm disappointed that they are halving the number of places for 2015, then scrapping GEM course altogether, I can't afford to study a 5 year course. It may be harder to get in for 2015, but I've spent a year working as a HCA so I could have a shot at going there, maybe I'll be lucky! :smile:

I know :frown: they've also increased the number of available point for ukcat and academics to 34 in each section
Original post by ojj_12
I know :frown: they've also increased the number of available point for ukcat and academics to 34 in each section

It says in the admissions document it is out of 25?

http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/msce/undergraduate/medicine/admissionsupdates

oh lool, I'm applying for the a100 course
Hi all,

Have an unconditional offer to study medicine in Leicester starting this September (yay) and want to be 100% prepared when i get there.

Is there anything that i need to take to help with organisation/prep?

Dads excited too (he cried when i told him i got the offer haha) and wanted to buy me a stethoscope, but im pretty sure there's no point until i start hospital rounds at least?

Any suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated!
anybody have any idea what the cut off is likely to be for 2k15?
Original post by qwertymed
anybody have any idea what the cut off is likely to be for 2k15?

Had an interview this year and the equivalent score based on 2015 criteria would have been 62; presumably things will, as usual, get tougher this year (it seems to get harder each year) so I would guess 64 to be confident..?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending