The Student Room Group

How do girls let guys know that they like them? FINALLY IT SHALL BE REVEALED...

Scroll to see replies

If she gets into your bed, takes her clothes off and consents to sex then it's a good bet that she likes you.

Girls might not make it obvious that they like you but they'll make it obvious if they don't.
(edited 9 years ago)
You wake up and one is drunkenly fondling under your shirt.

We're weird creatures :lol:
Original post by jay2013
My p***** is Dublin? What the hell does that mean?

Oh so you're just sexist then? Okay that's nice to know :tongue:

I'm pretty sure the chat up line is "Are you Irish? Because my penis is Dublin" :rolleyes:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eQn_GxAw5kY
I just told my boyfriend that I had feelings for him after two months of being fwb
Original post by jay2013
Boyfriend??? What happened to the girlfriend? :eek:

She left for America :sad:
Original post by pshah2
Say in the following scenarios:

- Across the room at a party
- In a club
- At a bar
- Freshers week, the first day/ the first handshake
- At work/college
- By text
- On the tube (lol)

I'm expecting this to be hilariously wrong. Don't let me down brah.
Original post by JulietheCat
We don't chase men (at least most of us). We expect them to make the first move, so if they make the effort and I like them, I'll reward them for their time.

If they really expect that we will make the first move, well, think again. So approach us and know for sure or try to speculate whether we like you or not, while we eventually move on with someone else.

Just my two cents/pennies.

or yee potentially lose out...and we go for the more friendly approachable gurl:cool:
Glad you agree. :smile:

It's not that I want to be put on a pedestal by all men or expect nice things to happen to me. Relationships aren't a priority for me - making something of myself is. If someone makes the first move and I like them, then I'd definitely consider them. I don't like using my precious energy on speculating whether Guy In the Raincoat or Mohawk Dude fancies me. If they're interested in me, genuinely, they should definitely approach me. I won't bite, neither would most other girls, as long as you don't use stupid chat up lines like my "My p***** is Dublin".

haha not even irish lads say that p well thats fair enough she isnt too bothered..its just lads dont like gals who are overly difficult too
maybe down the line when you actually care more about dating more youll change your tact
Original post by brownsugar-xx
I'm pretty sure the chat up line is "Are you Irish? Because my penis is Dublin" :rolleyes:

haha no one says that p
except bribry
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I...:sad:

Looking down won't help you! You floor flirt!
If she gropes your crotch, it's safe to say that she does, in fact, want the D.
They open their legs?
Original post by trustmeimlying1
or yee potentially lose out...and we go for the more friendly approachable gurl:cool:

Or I end up with the guy who made the effort and approached me. :cool:

Original post by trustmeimlying1
haha not even irish lads say that p well thats fair enough she isnt too bothered..its just lads dont like gals who are overly difficult too
maybe down the line when you actually care more about dating more youll change your tact

Caring about dating does not mean I approach every person I like.

I want the person, guy or girl, to approach me not because I'm overly difficult. But because, if a guy doesn't bother or is too afraid to actually talk to me, will he make the effort in the actual relationship?
Original post by pshah2
Say in the following scenarios:

- Across the room at a party
- In a club
- At a bar
- Freshers week, the first day/ the first handshake
- At work/college
- By text
- On the tube (lol)

- Finding an excuse to come over and talk, hopefully followed by frantik smooching
- "Hai your hot" hopefully followed by frantik smooching
- As above but with a Laphroaig in hand instead of a WKD
- Too shy here I'm afraid but probably staring a lot, teasing, finding ways to prolong conversations
- Biche pls, don't **** where you eat. Or... eat where you ****? Basically I'd run a mile rather than start anything with a colleague.
- Anything filthy
- Not gonna happen. At most, a shy smile when getting off - either way, doesn't lead anywhere (unless it's the tube to Cockfosters)
Reply 75
Original post by viva emptiness
why are people saying "smiling" and "eye contact"? Those are things i do with everyone​!

slaaaaagggg! :smile:
Original post by redferry
Looking down won't help you! You floor flirt!

But...but I wasn't even smiling!

Original post by MJ1012
slaaaaagggg! :smile:

I was going to be offended, but the smiley saved it.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
But...but I wasn't even smiling!

I was going to be offended, but the smiley saved it.

It doesn't matter, its eye contact!!! Don't look at anything lest they mistake it for flirting!

I want the person, guy or girl, to approach me not because I'm overly difficult. But because, if a guy doesn't bother or is too afraid to actually talk to me, will he make the effort in the actual relationship?

exactly youre giving yourself less choice..but youre not too pushed for a relationship so grand..maybe later on in life when its perhaps harder to get a lad you might see reason to approach

fair enough if a guy isnt too afraid to talk to yeh..then perhaps thats not your type..

but not bothered....I mean hed have to be fairly confident to go for yeh if youre not making signals or look friendly..so dont blame him for not makign a move
In first case hes too shy to talk to yeh and perhaps he wouldnt have made a good match..in the second case..he probably wouldnt be bothered as bit of work for potential likely rejection..makign it harder for yourself

but clearly a lot of lads must be interested to make that choice okay for you.

Regardless of all this bull**** of who should approach who, ultimately it ALWAYS take both sides to make some kind of effort for something to happen. Its a dialogue, not a monalogue.

eg, first he makes eye contact, then you smile, then he smiles again as he walks to the bar, then you volunteer to go to the bar to get a drink, then he says "hi are you a student", then you say "yes" and start a conversation.

Or maybe it doesn't work like that, maybe you have to say hi a couple of times, or maybe you spend 10 minutes making eye contact before the chance comes to talk, or whatever.

The point is, both parties have to be visibly interested for this thing to work. If he smiles at you and you just stare back, thats game over, he's not going to approach now is he? you both have to make an effort.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending